Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What is the strangest book in your library?

What is the strangest book in your library?

Old Jun 10th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the strangest book in your library?

Most of my books are still in the garage boxed up. I am funny when it comes to books, I have real attachments to them as I am an artist and I use those massive bio's on various artists most weeks and many of them were bought for me at various points. The first thing my wife ever bought me as a present just after we met was an art book, later she told me that she had to walk all over London looking for that book That book is probably my favorite possession, it has been with me around the world numerous times and always goes in my suitcase even though it has some serious weight.

Strangest book I probably have is another art book that lists the painting by a certain artist but there are no pictures in it! Its not a bio so has no story as such, basically useless.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
In my library - which is much reduced as we gave away/sold over 500 books before coming to Aus
Gutted! Books are the only real attachment I have to material things. And the fact they might have to travel with me around the world is an issue. As a result, I have a sort of wide ranging selection, only truncated.

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
How to Poo at Work - a secret santa present from work
I am a great believer in needing no instruction. All you have to do is waltz in - and bombs away! There need be no artifice or worry about performance - just do it.

I've had a quick scan and I can't count on any book as being strange - there is variety but no real strangeness...Riding and Hunting by Captain M Horace Hayes is probably a bit nutty.

some of my wife's books may be strange but they are in a tongue other than English so I don't know. My mother sends some very strange archaic children's stories dating from the 30s and 40s...my brother got one when he was stationed in Iraq and I do believe he hid it from public view...

the stangest book I have is probably a bible. Some fiction, fact, tabloid rubbish and good works in that volume...
Old Jun 10th 2013, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
There is the set of shelves with fiction on, and then there are shelves with non-fiction. Then there is the overflow since even double parking them I don't have enough space. And having had to move all of them to Oz, I certainly know they exist.

Strangest book - toss up between the Nurses Triage Manual, and UK Light Aircraft Regulations.
I have some Commercial Pilot License books (boxset - unused) and a Medicine for the Outdoors book which I have covered like you did when you were at school!
Old Jun 10th 2013, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

some of my wife's books may be strange but they are in a tongue other than English so I don't know. My mother sends some very strange archaic children's stories dating from the 30s and 40s...my brother got one when he was stationed in Iraq and I do believe he hid it from public view...

the stangest book I have is probably a bible. Some fiction, fact, tabloid rubbish and good works in that volume...
Oh, I forgot all the ones my mum sent - tales of terror for tiny tots as she calls them. I have Struwwelpeter, which is a Victorian/Edwardian book of all the nasty things that will happen to bad children. I also have a propaganda version made in the first world war, with the Kaiser as the bad guy!!