Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What makes you grumpy?

What makes you grumpy?

Old Jul 16th 2016, 6:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes you grumpy?

Originally Posted by Wol
What's been making me grumpy for several years now, but has in the last twelve months made me really really mad, is the constant emails from hotels, airlines, shops, government agencies and the like requesting me to "fill in a short survey". They arrive now about twice a day.

It will only take 10 - 15 minutes of your valuable time, they say.

Most are about things you did six months ago - I can't remember where I was yesterday, let alone six months ago.

But, in a spirit of co-operation and feedback, you start. Page after page is filled in - and then you get to the personal questions: "What's your post code?", "How old are you?", "When did you last do rumpy-pumpy?" and so on.

Ignore any one - and you are admonished. So you leave the survey, having wasted half your waking life.

A week later in comes another: " Mr Wol, you have not returned the survey we asked of you. Please do it - it will only take ...................................."
They are a pain

I now only do surveys if they pay me with something - Flybuys, frequent flyer points, credit etc

Oh, and I lie on all of them and make shit up
Old Jul 16th 2016, 6:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Oh, and I lie on all of them and make shit up
I had one the other day that had a trick question where you had to give a particular answer that was specified in the question...the idea being to catch people out who were just selecting random answers and disregarding their responses! First time I've seen that.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 9:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
What's been making me grumpy for several years now, but has in the last twelve months made me really really mad, is the constant emails from hotels, airlines, shops, government agencies and the like requesting me to "fill in a short survey". They arrive now about twice a day.

It will only take 10 - 15 minutes of your valuable time, they say.

Most are about things you did six months ago - I can't remember where I was yesterday, let alone six months ago.

But, in a spirit of co-operation and feedback, you start. Page after page is filled in - and then you get to the personal questions: "What's your post code?", "How old are you?", "When did you last do rumpy-pumpy?" and so on.

Ignore any one - and you are admonished. So you leave the survey, having wasted half your waking life.

A week later in comes another: " Mr Wol, you have not returned the survey we asked of you. Please do it - it will only take ...................................."
I just delete them without opening them. They can all **** off. I keep getting phone calls from a company called Apple Marketing who just want to 'ask a few questions'. I tell them roughly the same thing.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Telephone calls from boiler-room share-marketers make me grumpy, but they usually hang up as soon as I tell them I'm an accountant. It's like telling a religious door-knocker that you're a Baptist. (It used to be a Catholic, for door-knockers, but Baptists have become even tougher to convert, apparently.)

Once, though, when I had nothing better to do, I decided to hear the tele-man out and test his irritation level. He kept pleading with me to invest money with his company, and I kept saying how fearful I was that I might lose my money. After we'd batted back and forth for a while, he begged me to do myself a favour and send him even a hundred dollars, ending with the clincher, "Gordon, this could change your life!" That was the opening I needed. I sighed heavily and with exaggerated patience said, "Now let's just think about that, Charlie. You're phoning me from a small office in New York. It's winter so it's bitterly cold outside, and you'll have to wear your heavy coat to get home. I'm in the Caribbean wearing shorts and flip-flops, and I'm headed for the beach as soon as we finish here... And you want to change my life?" He had the grace to laugh ruefully and say, "yeah, fair enough. Have a nice day."
Old Jul 16th 2016, 8:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Unfairness

Snobs

'Celebrities' who think that because they're actors/elite sportspeople/TV cooks, their opinions on anything and everything are profound and valuable

Greed

'Reality' TV

People who try to ram their own opinions down my throat, while simultaneously refusing to even consider mine

People who deliberately hurt others simply because it gives them some sort of pleasure

Kicking my toe

Scammers

Keyboard warriors (aka gutless wonders)

People who don't say please and thank you

Some days, just about everything
Old Jul 16th 2016, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Husband not picking up after himself.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 12:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Cleaning the kitchen, walk away, go back 20 minutes later to find it looks like a bomb had dropped. Ffs how hard is it to put stuff in the bin/dishwasher/fridge as you go?
Old Jul 17th 2016, 3:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Cleaning the kitchen, walk away, go back 20 minutes later to find it looks like a bomb had dropped. Ffs how hard is it to put stuff in the bin/dishwasher/fridge as you go?
🙋 I'm guilty of that.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 8:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
🙋 I'm guilty of that.
Bad move Dorothy. Now you'll never get an invitation to Moneypenny's house.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Bad move Dorothy. Now you'll never get an invitation to Moneypenny's house.
Nah, there's a continuous open invite for Dorothy at Chez Moneypenny.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:30 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

what makes me grumpy?

my stupid officemate.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Receiving confirmation from HMRC dated 13 June that I have a late filing penalty cancelled. Then receiving another letter in the same mail delivery dated 14 June saying I owed £100 as a late filing penalty

TD
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:18 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper
Receiving confirmation from HMRC dated 13 June that I have a late filing penalty cancelled. Then receiving another letter in the same mail delivery dated 14 June saying I owed £100 as a late filing penalty

TD
Now that would make me 'pissed off'
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

People who drive 15kph below the posted speed limit on a clear sunny day
People who drive slow in the fast lane
When people make plans that include me without asking if I would happen to be at work that day
When work forgets to pay me for 6 hours worked
Old Jul 21st 2016, 9:07 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

This time of year: being stuck in this sporting limbo between Wimbledon+Euro Champs/World Cup and the start of the EPL. Can't wait till August 13th...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.