British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   What makes you grumpy? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/what-makes-you-grumpy-876205/)

Wol Apr 20th 2016 7:05 am

What makes you grumpy?

I'm well into grumpy age. Most things make me grumpy.

These are a few of my (un)favourite things:

Lavatory paper that won't tear cleanly at the perforations.

Golf balls that are so badly made they don't fly where I intend them to.

Service stations that don't have space at the pumps the side that my car has its filler cap.

Australian electrical plugs. (In spades.)

Socks that slip down until they are under my feet.

Icons: I can read - it takes more time to work out what half the icons mean than just to read the title.

And yours?

Swerv-o Apr 20th 2016 7:34 am

Re: What makes you grumpy?

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 11927394)

This...

S

Daisytreadlight Apr 20th 2016 7:49 am

Finding a sock that I dropped on the way to the washing machine after said washing machine is in wash mode, umpteen pairs of shoes, none of which are mine, congregating in the hall instead of in the hall cupboard, lid off toothpaste, filling up with petrol and always going over by 1p (I swear it's rigged!). Oh the list is bloody endless......:(

GarryP Apr 20th 2016 7:57 am

And yours?

Idiots

and all their works.

:sneaky:

Beoz Apr 20th 2016 8:16 am

Yep. The trees that jump out and grab my ball make me grumpy too.

Swerv-o Apr 20th 2016 8:32 am

I know this is completely irrational but people who indicate to drive around bends in the road that aren't junctions and thus don't need indicating.

It infuriates me for some reason.

S

bourbon-biscuit Apr 20th 2016 10:24 am

People who put the loo roll the wrong way round - if you care about this then you know what I mean.
My kids when the loo roll runs out and they get a new one but can't be arsed to take the card inner off the holder so just hang the new one alongside.
Women who wee on the seat of public loos - why oh why?!
Women who leave craps floating in public loos.
Flies.
Buying a pot of tea and the stupid pot holds 1.5 or 2.5 cups of tea, not a whole number.
Tea pots that drip.
Supermarket checkout people who can't pack properly (just freakin' leave it to me!).
People taking crisps or sweets in wrappers to the cinema - why oh why?!
People who talk in the cinema/ theatre.
People who text in the cinema/ theatre.
When you are shopping at the supermarket and totally digging that 80s rock ballad and then it's spoiled by a barely comprehensible announcement about something on special THAT I DON'T WANT.
Tissues left in pockets in the wash.
We can send folk to the moon but we can't get sunblock off the car paintwork or interior.
Adverts.
When one sock wears out before its buddy.
People who don't pick up after their dog. Ditto those that do and then leave the bag of turd for someone else to collect.

I could go on but I fear this isn't doing my blood pressure any good :D

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 20th 2016 10:27 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 11927517)
People who put the loo roll the wrong way round - if you care about this then you know what I mean.
My kids when the loo roll runs out and they get a new one but can't be arsed to take the card inner off the holder so just hang the new one alongside.
Flies.
Buying a pot of tea and the stupid pot holds 1.5 or 2.5 cups of tea, not a whole number.
Tea pots that drip.
Supermarket checkout people who can't pack properly (just freakin' leave it to me!).
When you are shopping at the supermarket and totally digging that 80s rock ballad and then it's spoiled by a barely comprehensible announcement about something on special THAT I DON'T WANT.
We can send folk to the moon but we can't get sunblock off the car paintwork or interior.
Adverts.
People who don't pick up after their dog. Ditto those that do and then leave the bag of turd for someone else to collect.

And breathe :rofl:

mikelincs Apr 20th 2016 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight (Post 11927421)
Finding a sock that I dropped on the way to the washing machine after said washing machine is in wash mode, umpteen pairs of shoes, none of which are mine, congregating in the hall instead of in the hall cupboard, lid off toothpaste, filling up with petrol and always going over by 1p (I swear it's rigged!). Oh the list is bloody endless......:(

There's a new washing machine on the market that allows you to add items even if it has started.

Samsung AddWash opens the door to adding extra items during a wash cycle

mikelincs Apr 20th 2016 11:04 am

These are a few of my (un)favourite things:

Lavatory paper that won't tear cleanly at the perforations.

Service stations that don't have space at the pumps the side that my car has its filler cap.

Socks that slip down until they are under my feet.

Icons: I can read - it takes more time to work out what half the icons mean than just to read the title.

And yours?

They've not yet made one that can correct your slice, or poor putt. A bad golfer always blames his balls. :p

Dorothy Apr 20th 2016 11:07 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 11927517)
Flies.
Tea pots that drip.
Adverts.

I could have written that, but I'd add a couple of items...

People who think that everyone around them on the train a) is impressed that they have a mobile phone, and b) want to hear their conversation.
When the dishwasher is clean but nobody empties it. FFS am I the only person who knows where the clean dishes go?!

irishbloo Apr 20th 2016 12:21 pm

People that talk loudly.Just because you talk loudly doesnt make what you have to say more important.
People that make a lot of noise when they eat.It drives me crazy.Please don't scrape your teeth on the fork.

Dorothy Apr 20th 2016 12:41 pm

The next door neighbours who insist on playing club music with the bass at maximum. Every. Freakin'. Night!!!

moneypenny20 Apr 20th 2016 12:42 pm

Noisy eaters.
People on motorway sliproads crawling along at 60 instead of getting up to 100.
People who insist on dragging a lawn mower backwards instead of turning around and actually mowing the grass rather than flattening it.
People who insist on mowing over gravel.
Hanging out washing when the sky is clear blue with no clouds and 10 minutes later it's pissing down.
Someone finishing a bottle of beer and without ****ing fail saying 'damn there seems to be a leak in this bottle'. :rolleyes:
People's inability to load the dishwasher, let alone unload it.
Being told 'everyone loves chocolate' when no actually, there are many people who loathe it.
People in England texting me to tell me to ring them.
People in England forgetting I exist and not telling me family news.
Tony Robinson.
I'll stop there for now.

JuliaStein Apr 20th 2016 2:16 pm

Right now
Bad musicians playing awfully behind my window
A mess with work tasks
Expensive hostels in Amsterdam
Lack of money