Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What I don't like about the UK...

What I don't like about the UK...

Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:14 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What I don't like about the UK...

Originally Posted by moneypen20
All of the OPs issues are totally personal as are everyone's replies. You disagree with other people's personal experiences - how? Do you know where they came from and where they are now? Have you lived their lives? No. Your above opinions are yours and are as valid as anyone who disagrees with you but no one is wrong. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean that their judgement is coloured, it means their perceptions are different to yours.
I totally disagree
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I was saying to my husband this morning

I could pick 20 thinks I don't like about the UK and 20 about Australia.

Most probably different things

just my 2 cents (or pence worth)
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:50 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE

Sorry been pissing the afternoon away on the porch of our Aussie neighbour and I'm losing the ability to type.

BTW I'm the same age as you, in the same profession and totally get where youre coming from

Al
How was the camping?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
I was saying to my husband this morning

I could pick 20 thinks I don't like about the UK and 20 about Australia.

Most probably different things

just my 2 cents (or pence worth)

Excatly. Nobody can like everything about everything can they? that'd just be stupid what you've got to do is the best you can with what you've got....just be happy and if you're not then there's only one person who can change it isn't there?

I know that sounds simple, but if you can't make yourself happy then what hope is there?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:09 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Excatly. Nobody can like everything about everything can they? that'd just be stupid
You're forgetting ABCDiamond.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:13 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You're forgetting ABCDiamond.
I think you need to try to explain that, as you may have mistaken something....

Go back to the original thread, and read it properly ...

Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:14 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I think you need to try to explain that, as you may have mistaken something....

Go back to the original thread, and read it properly ...
Didn't take you long to bite did it?.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:18 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Didn't take you long to bite did it?.
Who's biting ? Ten to 1 just finished

Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm certainly planning to, poppet!
I may be slightly more reconciled to my life here now that I have my dream job, but I'm still a Brit at heart, and I honestly don't think anything will change that.

The things I don't like about the UK are generally the same things I don't like here, they are just things I don't like about my life and life in general, not specifically UK things. There are additional things I don't like about Aus, but sometimes its a question of appreciating what you have- which is probably a sentiment that you are only too familiar with
Bless you You just brought a lump to my throat. Have fun and carry on the appreciation :hug: smilie*
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I totally disagree
And I KNOW you're wrong
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:03 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
How was the camping?
"Interesting"

Now I have a self-inflating ground mat and a small portable butane gas burner it's going to be MUCH better. I can actually see the point in this camping this. We're even discussing the next outing for the "Spawn of Satan Does Cabramurra"
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

"Interesting"

Now I have a self-inflating ground mat and a small portable butane gas burner it's going to be MUCH better. I can actually see the point in this camping this. We're even discussing the next outing for the "Spawn of Satan Does Cabramurra"
Well having lived in both countries for a long time,I would have to say same s*** different country with a few exceptions.I havent resided in Oz for 10 years now but am genuinely shocked when I read the Oz news via a website.Just this week (that I know of anyway)4 people have been stabbed.Yes when I lived there,we had yobs,chewing gum on pavements,dog poo also,obcessions with celebrities,keep up with the Jones's mentality,the list goes on.The only thing aussies want to discuss is Australia and Australians,for many, the rest of the world does'nt exist!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:03 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
And I KNOW you're wrong
Ah! You must be religious <g>.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
.The only thing aussies want to discuss is Australia and Australians,for many, the rest of the world does'nt exist!
Saying the rest of the world doesn't exist - I had an interesting chat with one of the girls at work this morning - she's 21, bright, intelligent, but lived in QLd all her life though she has moved around the State's cities. She's shown a fair bit of interest in the UK since she started working with me, what's it like and that kind of thing. But this morning she floored me, we had some pics of the plane crash in the Hudson River and she was looking at the skyscrapers. SHe turned to me and said "Is New York bigger than Brisbane then? Cos it seems to have so many buildings along the river? How about London? Is that like New York or like Brisbane? I thought Brisbane was big but maybe it isn't....." and she really was confused at the thought of the size of the cities. Totally beyond her experience and really had her baffled.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

How about London? Is that like New York or like Brisbane? I thought Brisbane was big but maybe it isn't....." and she really was confused at the thought of the size of the cities. Totally beyond her experience and really had her baffled

The best one that I ever heard was from a friend of my BIL, he couldn't believe that people had gardens in the UK because all he had ever seen was corrie and Eastenders It took us ages to convince him that it wasn't paved or concreted from Lands end to John O'Groats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.