Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

what filthy habits have you got?

what filthy habits have you got?

Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what filthy habits have you got?

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I thought that as well... why would you care what somebody else has for dinner... unless, of course, they are eating something like roll-mop herring and durian sarnies.
Discussing lunch is one of the office topics I've seen. Normally though, it's on the lines of how good something smells, and how envious everyone is etc etc (even if the food is kak). It's one of the areas where people can comment favourably on people's personal tastes and decisions apart from work matters without alienating them.

Maybe women might discuss calories in a tight-knit group but it's not the norm I would have thought to be critical of one person. Unless they are eating anti-socially which I would not think P would do.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Chicken
I attempted to write something 3 times - and every time it came out too sordid and not fit for a famly forum - or there was one too many opportunities for misunderstanding...confusion, and or character assassination...
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:12 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I attempted to write something 3 times - and every time it came out too sordid and not fit for a famly forum - or there was one too many opportunities for misunderstanding...confusion, and or character assassination...
I do the same, I tend to hit the "Submit Reply" button after each though.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:14 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I thought that as well... why would you care what somebody else has for dinner... unless, of course, they are eating something like roll-mop herring and durian sarnies.
eeewww roll mop herring........bleugh

why would someone sitting down with someone over lunch, lecture someone else about what the other person is eating Who can be arsed to do that? When I'm eating lunch/dinner/breakfast all I care about is that the other barsteward sat with me aint gonna pinch what I've got, especailly if there's is of the crappy healthy variety

Originally Posted by Hebe
Because some people go on about their weigh - can't understand why I am not losing any, I am too fat etc etc and then proceed to munch on calorie loaded, processed snacks all morning, then a huge sandwich filled with Mayo and cheese and other things. I then do feel the need to Perhaps state that I may have an idea why you aren't losing weight!!!
What's it got to do with you fatso And who cares? Let people whinge. If they moan and groan yet do the wrong thing who cares? Not me....

Joking apart, people should mind their own business. They should care about themselves and not others. Anyone who spends their lives looking at other people's business and judging others generally have sad little lives and find themsleves in constant turmoil cos karma has a funny way of biting them in the arse. They spend every depressive moment worrying about themselves and worrying or jusging what everyone else is doing. Then they wonder why they are depressed. Funny really aint it

I highly reccomend eating whatever you want, dressing however you want, doing whatever you like and buying the house you want in the area you like and as long as it don't affect anyone else, sod the busy body know it alls.....

Works for me

Oh stop feeling sorry for yourself you silly arse

Now come on.....you must have a story or two
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:15 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I do the same, I tend to hit the "Submit Reply" button after each though.

me too mate
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh stop feeling sorry for yourself you silly arse

Now come on.....you must have a story or two

me too mate
Most of my filthy habits involve my ejaculate...and my thoughts are often with my wife's pert bottom...

I leave it to the forum to provide any necessary or unnecessary connection...

Joking apart, people should mind their own business. They should care about themselves and not others. Anyone who spends their lives looking at other people's business and judging others generally have sad little lives and find themsleves in constant turmoil cos karma has a funny way of biting them in the arse. They spend every depressive moment worrying about themselves and worrying or jusging what everyone else is doing.
So do you recommend that we only worry about ourselves? I find it far less selfless to worry about others. It's the least I can do...
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:33 am

Most of my filthy habits involve my ejaculate...and my thoughts are often with my wife's pert bottom...

I leave it to the forum to provide any necessary or unnecessary connection...

So do you recommend that we only worry about ourselves? I find it far less selfless to worry about others. It's the least I can do...

hey.....keep your filthy thoughts to yourself

Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hey.....keep your filthy thoughts to yourself

Yes I thought so.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 3:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

why would someone sitting down with someone over lunch, lecture someone else about what the other person is eating Who can be arsed to do that? When I'm eating lunch/dinner/breakfast all I care about is that the other barsteward sat with me aint gonna pinch what I've got, especailly if there's is of the crappy healthy variety
Exactly And to give my latest batch of workmates their due, they've quickly realised I don't want to discuss either my own lunch or theirs, so now we get on fine Plenty of other topics to fill the time
Joking apart, people should mind their own business. They should care about themselves and not others. Anyone who spends their lives looking at other people's business and judging others generally have sad little lives and find themsleves in constant turmoil cos karma has a funny way of biting them in the arse. They spend every depressive moment worrying about themselves and worrying or judging what everyone else is doing. Then they wonder why they are depressed. Funny really aint it

I highly reccomend eating whatever you want, dressing however you want, doing whatever you like and buying the house you want in the area you like and as long as it don't affect anyone else, sod the busy body know it alls.....

Works for me
Very true, the world is a lot happier place when people accept us as we are and don't constantly judge. Its possible to care about people without constantly judging or criticising what they do or how they live.

Its possible to care about people, and even to worry about them and help them at times without being openly critical and judgmental - which is probably the worst thing to do if someone is in a position such that they need help from those around them.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Exactly And to give my latest batch of workmates their due, they've quickly realised I don't want to discuss either my own lunch or theirs, so now we get on fine Plenty of other topics to fill the time

Very true, the world is a lot happier place when people accept us as we are and don't constantly judge. Its possible to care about people without constantly judging or criticising what they do or how they live.

Its possible to care about people, and even to worry about them and help them at times without being openly critical and judgmental - which is probably the worst thing to do if someone is in a position such that they need help from those around them.
Jokes aside, I can't really argue with that.

I think some people self-implode and that sometimes it is a vicious cycle. My middle daughter can be inclined to do that and I have to tread softly sometimes..
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:04 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Joking apart, people should mind their own business. They should care about themselves and not others. Anyone who spends their lives looking at other people's business and judging others generally have sad little lives and find themsleves in constant turmoil cos karma has a funny way of biting them in the arse. They spend every depressive moment worrying about themselves and worrying or jusging what everyone else is doing. Then they wonder why they are depressed. Funny really aint it

Works for me

Two greasy thumbs up. Them people don't have anything more important in their life than contents of my plate, pleeeease. Just yesterday in a supermarket I said someThing rather rude to an old lady who decided to tell my #1 that she should not put something back on a shelf, or put it back exactly where and how it was. I would have apologized if she was making a mess, but it was nothing like that, and yet it attracted a mentoring comment. Feel really sorry for them, trying to assert their own self worth by controlling someone else's kids, how miserable would you have to be to behave like that