Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

what do you hate about Oz?

what do you hate about Oz?

Old Oct 15th 2011, 12:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do you hate about Oz?

Originally Posted by eddie007
Uh oh... Another 2010 joiner... Limited posts who knows ALL about everyones BE habits... Why are you all springing up all of a sudden, let me guess....

I post on here to escape housework.... Well known fact

I got a hell of a lot of info and advice from here before immigrating... And I like to help those on their way...

I enjoy the banter

I used to post a lot on here due to working nights and the impact that had on "human" interaction during my "waking hours"

I am currently swatting up for an interview by doing online study packages

I apologise for flicking back anf forth to give my brain a break

Now why not disappear under your bridge and wait for the next billy goat that comes trip trapping across this thread
Not much space under the bridge at present, must get in there sometime and clear out all the rabble......
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:01 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
What is there to gloat about

I suppose some people who couldn't hack it isn the UK may feel better off here....but that says more about them than either country
Why do people who are happy here suddenly morph into people who couldn't hack it in the UK. For an intelligent, educated man you do come out with some
utter shite!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Why do people who are happy here suddenly morph into people who couldn't hack it in the UK. For an intelligent, educated man you do come out with some
utter shite!
We all have downers mate....

I can't complain to my mates in the uk about how much work there is involved in maintaining a pool... Cleaning it, balancing it, skimming it, setting the filter thing for the right time of year, pool covers on, pool covers off.... sweeping the poured limestone.. All so we can use it 8 months of the year when ever we want...

Jeez... Can you imagine how that kind of whinge would be recieved back in Blighty, with economic crisis, half my friends under wage freezes for the next three years, a fair number unemployed and employers demanding a kilo and a half of flesh coz they're not allowed to use poundS and they still cant work out how much a kilo is in old money....
Old Oct 15th 2011, 3:14 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
People who immigrate here and then bitch and moan because it's not "just like home". Same thing I hated in my home country, too.

No, I don't love everything about Australia but for as long as the good outweighs the bad I'll make do. If the dislike side of the list ever gets longer than the like I'll know it's time to move on.
Perhaps it is time to click the heels of those ruby red shoes 3 times and say....(we all say together now).....there's no place like home, ..
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HANK2010
You and eddie can't be that happy here judging by the amount of time you mist spend on the computer posting all the time in every thread going!
The internet and social networking are part of modern day life. To suggest there is a correlation between how happy an individual is and how many posts they have on BE doesn't make sense to me.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway ...... Back to the thread ....... Channel 9 - there can't be a worse TV channel out there. The amount of bad commercials they thrust down your throat, the awful bogan attracting rubbish like A current affair, the characters they wheel out, like Karl Steponwhatevervic, and expect, even demand you take them into your home. It's a disgrace.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:41 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Channel 10 gives it a good run for it's money

Originally Posted by Beoz
Anyway ...... Back to the thread ....... Channel 9 - there can't be a worse TV channel out there. The amount of bad commercials they thrust down your throat, the awful bogan attracting rubbish like A current affair, the characters they wheel out, like Karl Steponwhatevervic, and expect, even demand you take them into your home. It's a disgrace.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

5 pages later ... A perfect sunny day outside, rockets to be fired into the air, a sociable lunchtime BBQ to be enjoyed then some sporting action to take me into the evening.

See ya laters!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

For an intelligent, educated man you do come out with some
utter shite!
Must have learnt it from people like you then

Last edited by Grayling; Oct 15th 2011 at 11:14 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatdoris
Perhaps it is time to click the heels of those ruby red shoes 3 times and say....(we all say together now).....there's no place like home, ..
Why would I do that? Where did I say I was unhappy here?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people who are happy here suddenly morph into people who couldn't hack it in the UK.
...and why do some supposedly happy people like you come across as so angry and bitter all the time
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You and eddie can't be that happy here judging by the amount of time you mist spend on the computer posting all the time in every thread going!
Eddie's a lightweight. She's got less than 5000 posts in over 6 years!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

If a gave a flying fluck about what you think I might i could get upset by a post like that......but I don't so I won't

So now you can crawl back under your bridge for another year or so and continue with your vacuous lifestyle wherever it is you live.....probably Perth judging by the intelligence you displayed in your earlier post
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:02 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

A very good question and one I have pondered.

Originally Posted by Grayling
...and why do some supposedly happy people like you come across as so angry and bitter all the time
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Eddie's a lightweight. She's got less than 5000 posts in over 6 years!
You're all lightweights

(BTW, for people's info...approx 20,000 of my posts were made in the UK )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.