Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do you do when... Beware rant

What do you do when... Beware rant

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:44 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you do when... Beware rant

Originally Posted by copa
And I wonder what they think of you?
I couldnt give a toss
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to the orginal question, yeah we have the same.. was walking in cotton tree the other day and an elderly (rather large) couple were walking along the path (as we were).. OH moved to one side as much as he could to accommodate them, they just barged through...

We've come across it alot..

However, like the driving (which I found really awful when I first arrived) its like I have just adapted and now don't notice it much.. (unless it is horrendously bad).. same with the barge through and don't care attitude..

The one thing that does make me titter is that when I am in the supermarket and someone (usually) is blocking the aisle, the Aussies will happily stand there making faces at whoever it is (if they can't barge through) and no one.. and I mean no-one will summon up the courage to speak nicely and loudly "err.. excuse me? can I get past please?".. they just roll their eyes and look at everyone else waiting with a pained expression...

Again.. I find that quite amusing.. I usually just wait at the end of the long blocked line waiting to see what will happen! haha!

Em x

PS Flea.. think you took a lot of flack there.. I didnt read it in that manner that it was appeared to be taken in..

PPS Disclaimer: I speak as I find..
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:49 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

And I wonder what they think of you?
Completely decent chap from what I read of his posts

If you can't get out of the way of someone with mobility issues what does that say about yourself (general comment not referencing to you copa).

If I see a man and a women walking or a group in discussion I move off the path. It doesnt take much to move aside ..... unless they show attitude then its the whole path for me
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:50 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
So blind people shouldn't be allowed out? Maybe we should say deaf people shouldn't be allowed out because they wouldn't hear you coming either. Maybe no handicapped/disabled people should be allowed out - That would solve eveyone's problems!

As for the OP's problem, in the small little area of a major hospital where I work there is a particular English doctor. If I (or anyone else for that matter) am walking down the corridor, no matter how close to the wall, he will walk straight into me. Never moves 1/8" to get out of the way. More than once I've been pushed into the walls by him because he's far too important to move out of the way for us peons.
well the locals here often tell me that as a deaf disabled person I shouldn't be allowed out without a keeper??! usually after they have knocked me over
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:53 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Back to the orginal question, yeah we have the same.. was walking in cotton tree the other day and an elderly (rather large) couple were walking along the path (as we were).. OH moved to one side as much as he could to accommodate them, they just barged through...

We've come across it alot..

However, like the driving (which I found really awful when I first arrived) its like I have just adapted and now don't notice it much.. (unless it is horrendously bad).. same with the barge through and don't care attitude..

The one thing that does make me titter is that when I am in the supermarket and someone (usually) is blocking the aisle, the Aussies will happily stand there making faces at whoever it is (if they can't barge through) and no one.. and I mean no-one will summon up the courage to speak nicely and loudly "err.. excuse me? can I get past please?".. they just roll their eyes and look at everyone else waiting with a pained expression...

Again.. I find that quite amusing.. I usually just wait at the end of the long blocked line waiting to see what will happen! haha!

Em x

PS Flea.. think you took a lot of flack there.. I didnt read it in that manner that it was appeared to be taken in..

PPS Disclaimer: I speak as I find..
Thanks Em, but i expect it in here
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Completely decent chap from what I read of his posts

If you can't get out of the way of someone with mobility issues what does that say about yourself (general comment not referencing to you copa).
it was said they didn't realise they were in someone's path ... only realising after collision...
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Thanks Em, but i expect it in here
Of course! haha!

Em x
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:54 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by asher
well the locals here often tell me that as a deaf disabled person I shouldn't be allowed out without a keeper??! usually after they have knocked me over
No, you sholdnt be. You are a danger to society. I'll buy you a leash for christmas so you dont get in the way of the locals
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:56 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

As for the OP's problem, in the small little area of a major hospital where I work there is a particular English doctor. If I (or anyone else for that matter) am walking down the corridor, no matter how close to the wall, he will walk straight into me. Never moves 1/8" to get out of the way. More than once I've been pushed into the walls by him because he's far too important to move out of the way for us peons.
That to me is clearly bullying and should be reported.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

As a variation .... i was cycling on a bike path the other day and a disabled man (obese/walking cane/very heavy limp) watched me approach and then stepped across the bike path to try and block my way. He then abused me for not riding on the road ... as i nearly hit a tree to avoid him I gave him a piece of my mind .. he then accused me of "abusing a disabled man" etc ... I told him i wasn't ... that i was abusing a ****head.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

As a variation .... i was cycling on a bike path the other day and a disabled man (obese/walking cane/very heavy limp) watched me approach and then stepped across the bike path to try and block my way. He then abused me for not riding on the road ... as i nearly hit a tree to avoid him I gave him a piece of my mind .. he then accused me of "abusing a disabled man" etc ... I told him i wasn't ... that i was abusing a ****head.
yes but was he australian?
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fish.01
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
probably was
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:26 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday in Woolies I accidently knocked something off a shelf and the Aussie bloke stood next to me with his kid said "sorry"

We both laughed.

He must be so used to apologizing for his kid knocking things off shelves that he now apologizes when someone else does it
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:27 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Dorothy, try carrying a full bedpan along the corridors where he's likely to be parading around, and if he barges you, he gets it all down him (woops!) That'll stop him.

I never look at people as they approach if they're going to take up the whole pavement, and I have that determined look on my face as if to say: I'm coming through, ready or not. They generally make way, or if not I'll just stop in my tracks and make them go around me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.