Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

what a crap place Perth is.

what a crap place Perth is.

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: what a crap place Perth is.

Originally Posted by lulubel
I have news very important news. Zippy is alive and kicking up the north of England in Scarborough and also his life is on the road now for everyone to see! You can buy a ticket to his shows. Rainbow has come back
to us all. Yes hooray pity he wasn't in Perth perhaps more people would stay!and this is official.
What has Zippy got to do with crap Perth
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:07 am
Banned

delicadog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flossie22
please dont say perth is crap-thats where we r heading once visa ok'd!!!!! Cant be any worse then Kent!!!!! I'm originally from south london-n this place is boring-plus munster in law lives in Kent (she wont fly-see the benefits!~!!!)
Before you leave ,consider this,are you close to your family?If so think carefully, your children will lose aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents, talking on the phone from 10000mls away is not the same.Unless you are loaded the only trips home you are likely to make are for friends and families funerals.These points are easily brushed aside in the excitement of emigrating.Do you like the British countryside,public footpaths country pubs? if so you will not find any of those things here.It depends what your interests are there are plenty of water activities, aside from that most people sit around and drink piss, there is little on offer from at an intellectual level.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I have been following this thread with some interest. I have never visited Australia so am unable to comment on the merits or otherwise of any particular place! I made the mistake of passing on the views of my parents about Melbourne & nearly got lynched in the process so I have learnt my lesson!
What seems to be the case with everywhere in Oz is that there is huge variety & diversity, & this is the case with all of us too! What suits one person does not suit another!
To the OP, if you are truly so dissatisfied with Perth, can you not think of trying elsewhere in Oz?
Also, you might be surprised about the large numbers of young kids nicking cars & wrapping them round trees in the UK! What happened to parental responsibility?
Standards of education are very variable in the UK too, proof today with the announcement that the reading ability of our children is now ranked 15th in the world, a drop from 3rd place in 5 years!
I am sorry that you are so unhappy with where you are & that you are able to find a satisfactory solution to your problem!
Thankyou for your sympathy am thinking of moving to Sydney. A lot of people have missed the point about high powered cars and young drivers I am not talking about joyriders, my point is ,that it is perfectly legal for novice drivers to learn in and when licensed to drive any car they can afford irrespective of its potential for danger.In other states of Australia and indeed the western world i do not know of any society that permits this.No one could argue that this is a safe practise.Therefore what I am saying is that this mentality tells us something about W.A. DEDUCE FROM THAT WHAT YOU WILL.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:30 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by delicadog
It depends what your interests are there are plenty of water activities, aside from that most people sit around and drink piss, there is little on offer from at an intellectual level.
Yeah, nothing intellectual in Perth whatsoever...
nope... not even Perth Festival of the arts...

and that really shit Symphony in the City

And for god's sake, don't bother with the Festival of Christmas... Complete and utter crap...

And the blindingly rubbish Skyworks

Ugh!

And then, well ok... don't say I didn't warn you, but the Arts and Culture... well you might as well just get pissed and throw up in the toilet for all the good that will do you. Complete waste of time.

And don't bother with the gardens... or the history of the place... yup, complete waste...

And events? Rubbish. Complete rubbish. Waste of time, man.

Yeah, most people sit around and drink piss.

Perth is so shit.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Nov 30th 2007 at 8:33 am.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for your sympathy am thinking of moving to Sydney. A lot of people have missed the point about high powered cars and young drivers I am not talking about joyriders, my point is ,that it is perfectly legal for novice drivers to learn in and when licensed to drive any car they can afford irrespective of its potential for danger.In other states of Australia and indeed the western world i do not know of any society that permits this.No one could argue that this is a safe practise.Therefore what I am saying is that this mentality tells us something about W.A. DEDUCE FROM THAT WHAT YOU WILL.
Queensland is no different from WA in this respect.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Queensland is no different from WA in this respect.
And NSW....
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
17 yr olds don't have the ability to pay for high powered cars, driving lessons and insurance...

It's not the place that's stupid, it's the parents... There are plenty of stupid parents world wide... including the beloved UK!

And it's in your part of Australia... It's not the entire country. Where I live, many parents are intelligent and I don't know of any 17 yr olds who've wrapped themselves round anything lately here.

Just because you live in a shit place where hoon level is high and the education level is low doesn't mean we all do. It doesn't mean that the whole of Australia is like that either.

We attract our own kind. I guess that speaks volumes for where you choose to live and work.
Obviously you dont live in W.A. i never suggested that this was the case in other states and please leave references to my level of education out of it,but as you have suggested that it is low, it may surprise you that I have three degrees in different disciplines.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:03 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
No your car or any other property is not insured from the insurance on your rego, only people.
You have also missed the point.in the u.k. your tax disc gives you no insurance protection not even third party, as your rego sticker does here.Therefore when applying for third party insurance in the u,k. your potential for killing or injuring a third party is assessed on age experience and importantly the type of car you are trying to insure.Therefore insurance companies will not insure novice drivers for powerful cars..In W.A. these points are not taken into consideration, all registered cars have blanket third party insurance and because the minimum legal level of insurance is third party, anyone irrespective of age, experience, or past convictions can drive anything they want
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:18 am

Obviously you dont live in W.A. i never suggested that this was the case in other states and please leave references to my level of education out of it,but as you have suggested that it is low, it may surprise you that I have three degrees in different disciplines.
I didn't make any comment about your level of education. I said you lived in a place where there was low education. I'd have thought someone with three degrees could read a post correctly.

If you feel the need to brag your three degrees to me, then it suggests you're somewhat insecure.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed a university hasn't snapped you up by now!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:21 am
Banned

Yeah, nothing intellectual in Perth whatsoever...
nope... not even Perth Festival of the arts...

and that really shit Symphony in the City

And for god's sake, don't bother with the Festival of Christmas... Complete and utter crap...

And the blindingly rubbish Skyworks

Ugh!

And then, well ok... don't say I didn't warn you, but the Arts and Culture... well you might as well just get pissed and throw up in the toilet for all the good that will do you. Complete waste of time.

And don't bother with the gardens... or the history of the place... yup, complete waste...

And events? Rubbish. Complete rubbish. Waste of time, man.

Yeah, most people sit around and drink piss.

Perth is so shit.
You think the skyworks is an intellectual event?Remember what Siberia is to Russia ,Perth is to Australia.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:28 am
Banned

I didn't make any comment about your level of education. I said you lived in a place where there was low education. I'd have thought someone with three degrees could read a post correctly.

If you feel the need to brag your three degrees to me, then it suggests you're somewhat insecure.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed a university hasn't snapped you up by now!!!
It was the ''WE ATTRACT OUR OWN KIND" MEANING THAT YOU THOUGHT THAT MY OWN KIND WAS WITH THOSE WITH A LOW LEVEL OF EDUCATION, SUBLIMELY PUT.i WAS NOT BRAGGING BUT SIMPLY MAKING A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:57 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I'm not sure how intelligent I am but I did manage to switch on a computer, connect to the internet and write this message all by myself so that's a good start, anyway I'm moving to Perth for a new outdoor lifestyle, I intend to mountain bike, swim, walk, explore, fish, camp, get a dog!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Sh-Ah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac_addict
Not a good read for those of us looking to move close to Perth.

Sorry mac_a but it's trooo! It's NOT what you will expect
At least the beer is cold, the pizza (& sun & girls & ...) hot; but you'll never ever know unless you spend the squills to check it out for yourself.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Sh-Ah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Worse I'm afraid............... much........ much worse!!!
'kn 'ilarious 'n 'kn TRUE!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:06 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

I'm not saying anything........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.