Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:11 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all
Default Re: What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

My 3 yr old "correcting" my pronunication of yoghurt to "yo-gurt" and "melon" to "rockmelon". Can't wait until we get to football/soccer.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The way my very straight mate at work says she's spending the night with her "girlfriend"
gets me aswell
Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

companys that do their own voiceovers, usually monotone, rick hart springs to mind. (thank god he's been taken over)
Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future
Talking Re: What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
There's lots of things that I find really stupid but at the same time I've learned to love the innocence and quirkyness of living here...

One of them is the kids that are paid to stand at the side of the road wobbling notice boards selling pizza

What's wrong with the notice board or a sandwich board? Why do they pay for kids to wobble the board at the side of the road? Do they sell more

This stupid sales gimmick used to wind me up but now I love the fact we live such a simple and innocent life here

Wot things wind you up but makes you smile?
Actually it never wound me up but I found it really bizarre, and now it even sort of makes sense and I occasionally use it myself - I am of course talking about saying "but" at the end of a sentence!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The way they look at me as if I'm mad when I say I'm off to the pub at 9pm to watch the football yet think its quite normal to bring a whole department to a halt for 4 hours because of a horse race!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

Impossible for Aussies to pronounce the word - assume

Also the pluralisation of the word you to - yous

What is that all about?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Also the pluralisation of the word you to - yous

What is that all about?
A ripoff of an English/British/Scots dialect?