Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Went in the pool today and it was...

Went in the pool today and it was...

Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:20 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Went in the pool today and it was...

Not too bad actually! I made a rash promise a few weeks ago that I would go in the pool when it got over 21 degrees - the kids have been in since it reached 17 Anyway today was the day and I like to keep my promises (despite recovering from the flu) and I went in - it was OK - not as bad as I expected only stayed in 15-20 mins. I'm sure next year will be different when we've acclimatised.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:27 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Went in the pool today and it was...

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Not too bad actually! I made a rash promise a few weeks ago that I would go in the pool when it got over 21 degrees - the kids have been in since it reached 17 Anyway today was the day and I like to keep my promises (despite recovering from the flu) and I went in - it was OK - not as bad as I expected only stayed in 15-20 mins. I'm sure next year will be different when we've acclimatised.
I wouldn't get in unless it gets to about 24C these days
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I wouldn't get in unless it gets to about 24C these days

Snap
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:52 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

ours is up at 26 today so its off to the pool shop to get the water checked and then we shall be swimming at the weekend
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:01 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biggy
ours is up at 26 today so its off to the pool shop to get the water checked and then we shall be swimming at the weekend
Do you have solar heating or a blanket or is it just warmer where you are? We're renting at the moment so have what we get but we've bought a house with a pool and are wondering about heating the pool a bit.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:26 am

Do you have solar heating or a blanket or is it just warmer where you are? We're renting at the moment so have what we get but we've bought a house with a pool and are wondering about heating the pool a bit.
no its not heated........we r in central Qld I am quite surprised how quickly it has heated up
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

If you can its deffo worth heating the pool. Ours is solar heated and it makes a huge amount of difference. Its the difference between swimming 7 months a year and 9-10.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

How expensive is it to install the solar heating?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:46 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

lol - just back from the pool shop. Quite surprised actually - only needed two bags of salt - PH and chlorine levels basically fine. Hell of a lot of crap in there though, so it'll be pool vacuuming day tommorow.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
lol - just back from the pool shop. Quite surprised actually - only needed two bags of salt - PH and chlorine levels basically fine. Hell of a lot of crap in there though, so it'll be pool vacuuming day tommorow.
me and my son cleaned it yesterday, Ive been quite good over winter and cleaned it every month....Ive been testing it with those strip test thingys and it was really good until we had rain last week and its gone tits up now, doing a superchlorinate as I type and will get some stabeliser and it should be good to go Pity I look like a beached whale at the minute and my cossy prolly wont fit haha!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:12 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
How expensive is it to install the solar heating?
I can't remember who told me but I have $3K floating around my head.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I can't remember who told me but I have $3K floating around my head.
Stick it in an envelope and post it over to me please.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice
Talking Re: Went in the pool today and it was...

Yes and we will swimming in it next weekend wooohooo.
really can't wait to see you mother (((((HUGS)))))
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by v moore
Yes and we will swimming in it next weekend wooohooo.
really can't wait to see you mother (((((HUGS)))))
OMG ye make me feel sooooo old lol

Looking forward to seeing you guys too...but no the bloomin rats lol

Looking very like Mr Biggy will

defo be here
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:15 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

OMG ye make me feel sooooo old lol

Looking forward to seeing you guys too...but no the bloomin rats lol

Looking very like Mr Biggy will

defo be here
Glad to hear it cos I've just been shopping for him

And don't worry about the rats, they like to snuggle under your bed covers but they don't always bite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.