British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Went in the pool today and it was... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/went-pool-today-480805/)

rebnatoli Sep 13th 2007 6:20 am

Went in the pool today and it was...

Not too bad actually! I made a rash promise a few weeks ago that I would go in the pool when it got over 21 degrees - the kids have been in since it reached 17 :eek: Anyway today was the day and I like to keep my promises (despite recovering from the flu) and I went in - it was OK - not as bad as I expected only stayed in 15-20 mins. I'm sure next year will be different when we've acclimatised.

worzel Sep 13th 2007 6:27 am

Re: Went in the pool today and it was...

Originally Posted by rebnatoli (Post 5305261)
Not too bad actually! I made a rash promise a few weeks ago that I would go in the pool when it got over 21 degrees - the kids have been in since it reached 17 :eek: Anyway today was the day and I like to keep my promises (despite recovering from the flu) and I went in - it was OK - not as bad as I expected only stayed in 15-20 mins. I'm sure next year will be different when we've acclimatised.

I wouldn't get in unless it gets to about 24C these days:lol:

Wendy Sep 13th 2007 6:29 am

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 5305275)
I wouldn't get in unless it gets to about 24C these days:lol:

Snap :D

biggy Sep 13th 2007 6:52 am

ours is up at 26 today so its off to the pool shop to get the water checked and then we shall be swimming at the weekend :)

rebnatoli Sep 13th 2007 7:01 am

Originally Posted by biggy (Post 5305339)
ours is up at 26 today so its off to the pool shop to get the water checked and then we shall be swimming at the weekend :)

Do you have solar heating or a blanket or is it just warmer where you are? We're renting at the moment so have what we get but we've bought a house with a pool and are wondering about heating the pool a bit.

biggy Sep 13th 2007 7:26 am

Originally Posted by rebnatoli (Post 5305369)
Do you have solar heating or a blanket or is it just warmer where you are? We're renting at the moment so have what we get but we've bought a house with a pool and are wondering about heating the pool a bit.

no its not heated........we r in central Qld I am quite surprised how quickly it has heated up

The S's Sep 13th 2007 7:33 am

Originally Posted by rebnatoli (Post 5305369)

If you can its deffo worth heating the pool. Ours is solar heated and it makes a huge amount of difference. Its the difference between swimming 7 months a year and 9-10.:thumbup:

midgetjan Sep 13th 2007 7:40 am

How expensive is it to install the solar heating?

Hutch Sep 13th 2007 7:46 am

lol - just back from the pool shop. Quite surprised actually - only needed two bags of salt - PH and chlorine levels basically fine. Hell of a lot of crap in there though, so it'll be pool vacuuming day tommorow. :)

biggy Sep 13th 2007 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 5305508)
lol - just back from the pool shop. Quite surprised actually - only needed two bags of salt - PH and chlorine levels basically fine. Hell of a lot of crap in there though, so it'll be pool vacuuming day tommorow. :)

me and my son cleaned it yesterday, Ive been quite good over winter and cleaned it every month....Ive been testing it with those strip test thingys and it was really good until we had rain last week and its gone tits up now, doing a superchlorinate as I type and will get some stabeliser and it should be good to go :D Pity I look like a beached whale at the minute and my cossy prolly wont fit haha!!!!

worzel Sep 13th 2007 8:12 am

Originally Posted by midgetjan (Post 5305486)
How expensive is it to install the solar heating?

I can't remember who told me but I have $3K floating around my head.

moneypenny20 Sep 13th 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 5305589)
I can't remember who told me but I have $3K floating around my head.

Stick it in an envelope and post it over to me please.;)

v moore Sep 13th 2007 9:44 am

Yes and we will swimming in it next weekend wooohooo.:thumbsup:
really can't wait to see you mother :angel_smile: (((((HUGS)))))

biggy Sep 13th 2007 10:01 am

Originally Posted by v moore (Post 5305859)
Yes and we will swimming in it next weekend wooohooo.:thumbsup:
really can't wait to see you mother :angel_smile: (((((HUGS)))))

OMG ye make me feel sooooo old lol

Looking forward to seeing you guys too...but no the bloomin rats lol

Looking very like Mr Biggy will

defo be here :D

wmoore Sep 13th 2007 10:15 am

Originally Posted by biggy (Post 5305910)
OMG ye make me feel sooooo old lol

Looking forward to seeing you guys too...but no the bloomin rats lol

Looking very like Mr Biggy will

defo be here :D

Glad to hear it cos I've just been shopping for him ;)

And don't worry about the rats, they like to snuggle under your bed covers but they don't always bite.