Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The weight loss, diet and relaxation thread

Wikiposts

The weight loss, diet and relaxation thread

Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:35 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The weight loss, diet and relaxation thread

Yesterday's predominant macronutrient was Stella Artois (reassuringly expensive, not that advertising works on me) and today will be fairly similar given that I have pushed the boat out and done the last Friday before a week off work properly.

Woo and indeed hoo.

My MyFitnessPal log has automatically referred me to trained professionals ...
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:37 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I ran to my kid's school the other day with a backpack - collected them and they cycled : I carried their bags and walked bringing up the rear..

all I need to do is resume the run around the oval and life is normal.
The tribe has taken to doing a couple of laps of the yard on school mornings.

It's inspiring to watch but I prefer to exercise later.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Myfitnesspal is excellent. It certainly keeps me in check.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Thanks for sharing that link, Al. Hopefully this one works for me too
In Yoda speak...

There is no "hope". Lose or lose not.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Down to 52kg. My back is getting very bony. So have just had some pork and cauliflower cheese. Do I keep off meat and cheese to keep my cholesterol down, or do I slowly disappear?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:10 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Down to 52kg. My back is getting very bony. So have just had some pork and cauliflower cheese. Do I keep off meat and cheese to keep my cholesterol down, or do I slowly disappear?
Do you not have a dietician to advise you on foods you can eat, bearing in mind your intolerances and medical requirements?

Can't you eat calorie dense foods such as avocado, nuts, olive oil etc?

I also don't understand why you couldn't eat lean cuts of meat and plenty of fish?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Do you not have a dietician to advise you on foods you can eat, bearing in mind your intolerances and medical requirements?

Can't you eat calorie dense foods such as avocado, nuts, olive oil etc?

I also don't understand why you couldn't eat lean cuts of meat and plenty of fish?
I already eat nuts and olive oil, and the occasional avo. I do sometimes have lean meat, and I like salmon. However it is very expensive, so not as often as I like.
The pork was the left overs from a joint that OH cooked on Sunday, and the cauliflower left over from Wednesday, but it had cheese in it, so I was quite reluctant to eat it. Meanwhile the brie and red leicester that I bought for friends to nibble is still sitting in the fridge taunting me, as are the 5 bars of English chocolate that have been there since before Christmas.....

The dietician I saw for my daughter said the diet was fine. (I asked her about mine as we are both trying to reduce cholesterol) It is also that if I eat large portions my stomach hurts, and the pain isn't worth it.

My calorie dense foods used to be chocolate and cheese.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 5:27 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile the brie and red leicester that I bought for friends to nibble is still sitting in the fridge taunting me, as are the 5 bars of English chocolate that have been there since before Christmas.....

[...]

My calorie dense foods used to be chocolate and cheese.
So either throw the cheese and chocolate out or eat them. Have a small piece at a time.

It's not going to kill you in moderation.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dreamy
So either throw the cheese and chocolate out or eat them. Have a small piece at a time.

It's not going to kill you in moderation.
If I start eating chocolate, I can't stop!! I am having a tiny bit of cheese now and again. I am very conscious of the fact that if I make it a regular habit, my cholesterol will shoot up and then I'll be put on statins which I am desperate to avoid.

But throw out chocolate????? NEVER!!!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:05 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

If I start eating chocolate, I can't stop!! I am having a tiny bit of cheese now and again. I am very conscious of the fact that if I make it a regular habit, my cholesterol will shoot up and then I'll be put on statins which I am desperate to avoid.

But throw out chocolate????? NEVER!!!
Apparently ....
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sadly it is only dark chocolate though. My choc is Cadbury's Dairy Milk, and Mini Eggs.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:29 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly it is only dark chocolate though. My choc is Cadbury's Dairy Milk, and Mini Eggs.
Dark chocolate grows on you ...if you eat enough of it
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dark chocolate grows on you ...if you eat enough of it
Oh I like Lindt dark chocolate too. That is also in the fridge.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Despite my OH force feeding me chocolate cake, and cooking meals for me at the weekend, since I am on rest due to my eye problem, the scales say I'm down to 50.4kg. Think they must be wrong.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

I am very conscious of the fact that if I make it a regular habit, my cholesterol will shoot up and then I'll be put on statins which I am desperate to avoid.
I read something in Good Housekeeping about a supplement that is supposed to help cholesterol - it is derived from the citrus bergamot. There was also some coverage in the UK press.

It is now available here too.

http://www.bergamet.com.au/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.