Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The weight loss, diet and relaxation thread

The weight loss, diet and relaxation thread

Old Dec 1st 2013, 1:03 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default The weight loss, diet and relaxation thread

For anyone interested in weight loss and/or relaxation techniques, I thought I'd post the following link to a hypnotherapy guy I found on Youtube.

I thought he was quite good, if a little unusual. Obviously, it's different strokes for different folks... so if BE members have other contributions for this thread, please share.

Meanwhile, if you've got time to chill... enjoy...

http://youtu.be/2tjIUQa4o9g

Last edited by brissybee; Dec 1st 2013 at 1:06 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 7:02 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The weight loss, diet and relaxation thread

Originally Posted by brissybee
For anyone interested in weight loss and/or relaxation techniques, I thought I'd post the following link to a hypnotherapy guy I found on Youtube.

I thought he was quite good, if a little unusual. Obviously, it's different strokes for different folks... so if BE members have other contributions for this thread, please share.

Meanwhile, if you've got time to chill... enjoy...

http://youtu.be/2tjIUQa4o9g
Interesting. How much weight have you lost?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 9:22 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Interesting. How much weight have you lost?
I only found the clip last night.

I'm thinking about a post Christmas campaign... but really only stumbled upon this clip by accident... it was one of those this leads to that situations...

I went looking for a music clip and a promo popped up for "vaginal knitting". (I kid you not.) So, I'm thinking how does one knit with ones privates?... so that lead to a, lets say quite unusual, arty clip... which led to a clip by Dr whatshisnot about how people respond to sound... which led to this. Given I was tired and open to the idea of weight loss (though I may never knit anything ever again) I decided to give some of my time to the weight loss clip and found it to be quite relaxing in a listening to a man with an unusual voice kind of way.

That said... if anyone else has weight loss suggestions which don't require major cash outlay or the exclusion of all chocolate products... roll them out pls.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 3:49 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

That said... if anyone else has weight loss suggestions which don't require major cash outlay or the exclusion of all chocolate products... roll them out pls.
Get a pedometer and increase the number of steps you do. This is especially effective if you're a sedentary slob, like moi. Just track your normal average activity over a week and then aim to increase the number of steps per day by 1,000 each week until you're upto about 10,000.

Plan out what you're going to eat before you eat it (there are loads of free calorie trackers online, I highly recommend www.myfitnesspal.com (make sure that you correct it as you eat other stuff)

Don't have an unrealistic expectation of what you're going to lose.

Oh and remember that, barring allergies/intolerances, there's no such thing as a bad food - there's no need to demonise any food. And if you have a bad meal, just start over at the next meal, don't think 'oh well, I've had 1000 calories in that meal I might as well blow the rest of the day and start again tomorrow/next week/next month', just put it behind you, don't have recriminations and eat what you'd planned to eat at the next meal.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:07 am
Not actually a squirrel

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Get a pedometer and increase the number of steps you do. This is especially effective if you're a sedentary slob, like moi. Just track your normal average activity over a week and then aim to increase the number of steps per day by 1,000 each week until you're upto about 10,000.

Plan out what you're going to eat before you eat it (there are loads of free calorie trackers online, I highly recommend www.myfitnesspal.com (make sure that you correct it as you eat other stuff)

Oh and remember that, barring allergies/intolerances, there's no such thing as a bad food - there's no need to demonise any food. And if you have a bad meal, just start over at the next meal, don't think 'oh well, I've had 1000 calories in that meal I might as well blow the rest of the day and start again tomorrow/next week/next month', just put it behind you, don't have recriminations and eat what you'd planned to eat at the next meal.
So what you're saying is, it's ok to have chocolate for breakfast... if it's an accidental eating... so long as you follow it with say a small hamburger for lunch?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:52 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking about a post Christmas campaign... but really only stumbled upon this clip by accident... it was one of those this leads to that situations...

I went looking for a music clip and a promo popped up for "vaginal knitting". (I kid you not.) So, I'm thinking how does one knit with ones privates?... so that lead to a, lets say quite unusual, arty clip... which led to a clip by Dr whatshisnot about how people respond to sound... which led to this. Given I was tired and open to the idea of weight loss (though I may never knit anything ever again) I decided to give some of my time to the weight loss clip and found it to be quite relaxing in a listening to a man with an unusual voice kind of way.

Ah well, I was hoping you'd say you've dropped several sizes in just a few weeks. Just as well I only managed to watch 1 min and 8 seconds of the video

So what you're saying is, it's ok to have chocolate for breakfast... if it's an accidental eating... so long as you follow it with say a small hamburger for lunch?
..followed by a a few lettuce leaves for dinner
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 9:57 am
Not actually a squirrel

Originally Posted by paulry
Ah well, I was hoping you'd say you've dropped several sizes in just a few weeks. Just as well I only managed to watch 1 min and 8 seconds of the video

..followed by a a few lettuce leaves for dinner

You calling me fat?

Last edited by brissybee; Dec 2nd 2013 at 9:57 am. Reason: I'm not fat, I'm chocolate challenged.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:53 am
Banned

You calling me fat?
No, just advance chocolate-ration-depleted - that's all
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:55 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

It's okay to have chocolate at any meal. Just build it into your day. And don't feel guilty about it.

I had a chocolate eclair pastry for breakfast yesterday, it was scrummy.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 8:40 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Word!

MFP rocks, paulry, I sent you a MFP friend request, did I just send it to a stranger?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 8:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Word!

MFP rocks, paulry, I sent you a MFP friend request, did I just send it to a stranger?
I think you must have - I haven't signed up to it yet. Is there already a paulry there?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Humans were not meant to be as sedentary as we are- try to move around more. Get a fitness ball and sit on that to watch the TV rather than slumping on the sofa (as I tend to do!) it builds up the core muscles again. Go for a walk when you can- not a stroll, you need to be slightly sweaty. Cut back on the highly processed and sugary foods- though don't forget to treat yourself from time to time. Do not just go cold turkey!!

Make little changes rather than one great big one, and build them into your lifestyle. If you lack motivation, find someone to walk/swim/go to the gym/ have a laugh with.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly, I have just read on one of the MS sites that I visit that a gluten free diet has benefits for people with MS in that a sensitivity to gluten can lead to increased neurological symptoms. Certainly since I have been GF, my MS has been a lot better, so I wonder if there is anything in it.....
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:53 pm
Officially Bewildered

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Word!

You never sent me one, you arsewipe.

::sulks::
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nowloss.com/intermittent-...-diet-plan.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.