Reload this Page >

a week of sleepless nights

a week of sleepless nights

Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

rossy28 will become famous soon enoughrossy28 will become famous soon enough
Default a week of sleepless nights

Im in a panic!!!!!!

have had meds finalised on 457 for myself and family 2 weeks ago and spoke to our co who said she was forwarding details to a manager regarding my convictions.

Ive got a drink drive ban in 2001 and 2 offences for theft from 17yrs ago which resulted in small fnes.

Got an email last night after we rang again saying our case is being "activley looked at and they will let us know"

Have i blown it for the whole family?
I declared the offences at the time of first applying for the visa so didnt hide anything.

think im going to have a nervous breakdown!!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: a week of sleepless nights

Originally Posted by rossy28
Im in a panic!!!!!!

have had meds finalised on 457 for myself and family 2 weeks ago and spoke to our co who said she was forwarding details to a manager regarding my convictions.

Ive got a drink drive ban in 2001 and 2 offences for theft from 17yrs ago which resulted in small fnes.

Got an email last night after we rang again saying our case is being "activley looked at and they will let us know"

I declared the offences at the time of first applying for the visa so didnt hide anything.

I dont know how you will get on...............but wish you all the best!!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Im in a panic!!!!!!

Hi,

Try not to worry. As far as I know once you haven't spent more than 12 months in prison then it should be ok. It was also a long time ago and I am sure you are an upstanding citizen. Best wishes to you.
Helena
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

thank you for your kind support
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for your kind support
My husband had a conviction for possession of cannabis from 15 years ago (when it was class B) his conviction resulted in a fine and we got our visa just fine! I know each case is different but as OP said as long as you're upfront and haven't served 12months or more then generally you're ok.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

no news!!!

god another weekend full of worry!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

MichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura about
Default So WILL we get our visa - convictions

Hi I'm having the same problem, my husband had a coviction for recieving stolen goods 24 years ago which resulted in a fine and our CO says he will have to refer it to his manager... worrying times as my job starts soon and we've had to make the decision to go and send our stuff... does anyone have any definitive answers!!

I haven't found our CO very helpful and he doesnt reply to my emails so not sure what to do about that? This whole thing is becoming a b****y nightmare everytime I think Im getting somewhere something else comes up, begining to wonder if were doing the right thing!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:12 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Dont panic, i had worse than that from only 9yrs ago - and we're here in Australia.
ATB
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

MichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura about

Hey thanks for that its great to know it can work out..Im just sooo tired and worried all the time at the moment

Glad you got there
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

The visa was ganted yesterday!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

The visa was ganted yesterday!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!
Congratulations, enjoy the celebrations