Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where do loners stay on arrival to Perth?

Where do loners stay on arrival to Perth?

Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Default Where do loners stay on arrival to Perth?

I'm looking to get to Perth approx Feb/March 09, and having trouble finding cheap accommodation for one person. Most rentals seem to be 4 bedrooms plus. Would like furnished for approx 4 weeks until I find something more permanant.

Any ideas or recommendations would be great.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do loners stay on arrival to Perth?

Originally Posted by sunflower7
I'm looking to get to Perth approx Feb/March 09, and having trouble finding cheap accommodation for one person. Most rentals seem to be 4 bedrooms plus. Would like furnished for approx 4 weeks until I find something more permanant.

Any ideas or recommendations would be great.
There are lots of backpackers in Scarborough area if you don't mind doing that. Alternately you can try www.stayz.com.au to see what you can find. My husband stayed at a furnished 2 bedroom in Scarborough when he came over by himself but it wasn't cheap. I'll see if I can dig out the name of the woman he rented it from.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Thanks Dorothy that would be helpful while I'm looking around for somewhere. I stayed in a hostel for a week before in NZ, this time I have a month before I start work to find somewhere more permanant, buy a car and sort out banking etc. The hostel prices for single rooms didn't seem that cheap in YHA, thought I might get something like a holiday let/park, B&B if its not too expensive.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

deblaw will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Thanks Dorothy that would be helpful while I'm looking around for somewhere. I stayed in a hostel for a week before in NZ, this time I have a month before I start work to find somewhere more permanant, buy a car and sort out banking etc. The hostel prices for single rooms didn't seem that cheap in YHA, thought I might get something like a holiday let/park, B&B if its not too expensive.
Hi Sunflower7,

I stayed at Pirates backpackers in Fremantle when I travelled WA in 2003. Really enjoyed it, quite a few longer term travellers staying there while working. Not as shiny as the YHA but good atmosphere and central, just down the street from the main market hall and fairly cheap from what I remember.

Check out the Lonely Planet site for a review

Deb