Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The weather right now

The weather right now

Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The weather right now

The weather in the south of the UK has been genuinely glorious over the past week.

Those of you in Australia have to remember that we are still in winter, and that it has been a really cold one. I have been at home today and I didn't put the heating on - and I really feel the cold!

I know it seems silly to you lot baking in your high temps but it has seemed positively balmy here to us
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I can also vouch for the fab weather.My god I even did some gardening today wearing.....a T shirt!Imagine that!In 13c!!!A brilliant day outside,abit of drizzle on Thursday forecast but thats fine,my lawns need a drink.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
The weather in the south of the UK has been genuinely glorious over the past week.

Those of you in Australia have to remember that we are still in winter, and that it has been a really cold one. I have been at home today and I didn't put the heating on - and I really feel the cold!

I know it seems silly to you lot baking in your high temps but it has seemed positively balmy here to us

Baking not quite, week 4 of rain and cyclone on the way.

However I am over heat so dont really care
Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Baking not quite, week 4 of rain and cyclone on the way.

However I am over heat so dont really care
It's been a fair few weeks since I felt even close to hot let alone baking but then I'm a lizard apparently.

Does anyone know where this magic number of 35 degrees is always coming from? So many people going on about the heat mention that they can't function in the continual 35 degree heat. It's rarely that hot. Humidity can knock it up but that's not continual.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's been a fair few weeks since I felt even close to hot let alone baking but then I'm a lizard apparently.

Does anyone know where this magic number of 35 degrees is always coming from? So many people going on about the heat mention that they can't function in the continual 35 degree heat. It's rarely that hot. Humidity can knock it up but that's not continual.
Adelaide and perth often get runs of weather like that, qld had spells of it years ago, when we were first here, not in last few years, perth had loads of days like that this summer. Much of OZ not on the coast would often get those temps too, the coasts around bris, SC and GC are actually quite mild clmates compared to much of OZ
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Adelaide and perth often get runs of weather like that, qld had spells of it years ago, when we were first here, not in last few years, perth had loads of days like that this summer. Much of OZ not on the coast would often get those temps too, the coasts around bris, SC and GC are actually quite mild clmates compared to much of OZ
Spells of it, I'll grant you but some people seem to think it's like that all the year round all over the country
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Hot and humid here in Melbourne today, as it has been for the last 18 years (well, feels like it.) I'm so jealous of you out there gardening in 13 degrees, my garden is slowly curling up and dying.. the only things that really grow are aussie natives (and theyr'e just so exciting!!!!)
But the thing that really bugs me about Aussie weather is the blandness of it. It's either hot or not so hot. There's no Spring, Autumn or Winter to speak of, nothing to make the soul sing at all. Actually, come to think of it, the weather here is a perfect analogy for the whole country..............
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Yes I can also vouch for the fab weather.My god I even did some gardening today wearing.....a T shirt!Imagine that!In 13c!!!A brilliant day outside,abit of drizzle on Thursday forecast but thats fine,my lawns need a drink.
I would still be wearing a fleece and ugg boots in 13 degrees!! I have become quite a wimp!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:05 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I would still be wearing a fleece and ugg boots in 13 degrees!! I have become quite a wimp!
Ugg boots and a fleece is probably considered the height of fashion in Perth.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Ugg boots and a fleece is probably considered the height of fashion in Perth.
I don't go for fashion I go for comfort. I am what I am and if folk don't like it then it's tough titty!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

PeterYork will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by salopian
Hot and humid here in Melbourne today, as it has been for the last 18 years (well, feels like it.) I'm so jealous of you out there gardening in 13 degrees, my garden is slowly curling up and dying.. the only things that really grow are aussie natives (and theyr'e just so exciting!!!!)
But the thing that really bugs me about Aussie weather is the blandness of it. It's either hot or not so hot. There's no Spring, Autumn or Winter to speak of, nothing to make the soul sing at all. Actually, come to think of it, the weather here is a perfect analogy for the whole country..............
First time I've heard somebody who thinks there's too little seasonal variation in Melbourne! Most people thinks its too cool in the winter and too many 35-40 days in the summer. Its been a lovely few days of consistent 30 degrees which is pretty rare here its usually 18 one day and 35 the next.. I remember on black saturday in february last year (46 degrees), the next day was the st kilda festival. Everybody was out walking around st kilda in their shorts and t-shirts shivering because it was 19 degrees and raining!

I agree more rain would be good, although there has been a bit more this summer than last.

Last edited by PeterYork; Mar 18th 2010 at 6:41 am. Reason: added more
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:13 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PeterYork
First time I've heard somebody who thinks there's too little seasonal variation in Melbourne! Most people thinks its too cool in the winter and too many 35-40 days in the summer. Its been a lovely few days of consistent 30 degrees which is pretty rare here its usually 18 one day and 35 the next.. I remember on black saturday in february last year (46 degrees), the next day was the st kilda festival. Everybody was out walking around st kilda in their shorts and t-shirts shivering because it was 19 degrees and raining!

I agree more rain would be good, although there has been a bit more this summer than last.

Maybe they got off the plane in Melbourne Florida.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:25 am
ABCDiamond

Not sure about baking Our last 18 days maximum temps have been:

March 2010 maximum temps
2 days at 31°C
3 days at 28°C
2 days at 27°C
8 days at 26°C
2 days at 25°C
1 day at 24°C

and how cold did it get ?

March 2010 Lowest temps
4 days at 19°C
3 days at 20°C
3 days at 21°C
2 days at 22°C
4 days at 23°C
2 days at 24°C

Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:39 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I still have to wear a fleece in 13 degrees - I've always been a wimp
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I still have to wear a fleece in 13 degrees - I've always been a wimp
13 degrees would find me in a puffa jacket, jumper, jeans, scarf, gloves and under the duvet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.