Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The weather right now

The weather right now

Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The weather right now

Originally Posted by Hutch
Do you want your dummy back now? You know it's funny when people bang on about the aircon. I mean, we have it in our house - well, one aircon unit in the lounge, but it was on about five or six times this whole summer. The rest of the time we just (mad concept this) open the windows and a sea breeze blows through the house and cools us. That said, I don't wilt when the temperature gets into double figures like many of the precious flowers from the UK seem to. P.S. Might I suggest a name changing - livingincloudcukooland perhaps.

Get the odd fly in summer obviously, but not to the extent where they're crawling all over me. Maybe that happens in the outback, or perhaps Perth (everything shitty seems to happen in Perth) but I see no more here than than I did in the yookay. Funnily enough we had a July BBQ in the yookay the week before we emigrated and we had to go inside and use the grill and the cooker, not because it was too hot or raining, but because there was an insane number of wasps about harassing everybody. Happy days.
To add some balance. 12 is cold. 20 is not. I would rather work outside in 20-25 degree temps than 30-35. The UK climate can be very temperate - personally I prefer the Victorian climate, like the UK; add 7 degrees in winter, add 10+ in summer. Rains at night.

If you HAVE to run AC all summer you either live in a new estate in a house with no eaves, in a really hot place, or you are someone with no spunk.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dills
You would be amazed at how enjoyable a picnic at 12c, with no wind actually is lol, it doesnt take much to get us brits eating al fresco as soon as the sun is shining, granted you still need a jacket or fleece, but its so fresh its beautiful.
12 with still conditions, a coat, and blazing sun would be OK. People don't whinge when they ski do they? One of the old things my old man complains about is wind in winter.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:31 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a cracking day today. Went for a picnic at Hanging Rock. Climbed to the top. It was dry and comfortably warm. Sky was blue with fluffy white clouds. The car reckoned it was 29 but it felt more like 23 (i.e. it didn't feel hot nor cold).

Bit of rain as we were driving home. All good
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:40 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Bah! All this talk of good UK weather has jinxed it - grey and wet here today

When's the next flight to Brisbane
It's even started to drizzle a bit here in sunny Somerset.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:45 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
To add some balance. 12 is cold. 20 is not. I would rather work outside in 20-25 degree temps than 30-35. The UK climate can be very temperate - personally I prefer the Victorian climate, like the UK; add 7 degrees in winter, add 10+ in summer. Rains at night.

If you HAVE to run AC all summer you either live in a new estate in a house with no eaves, in a really hot place, or you are someone with no spunk.
Totally agree
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting pummelled by strong winds before the cyclone ramps it up a bit. Timed to hit land about 1am to 3 am.

Cyclone is a cat 3 ffs.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:55 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Getting pummelled by strong winds before the cyclone ramps it up a bit. Timed to hit land about 1am to 3 am.

Cyclone is a cat 3 ffs.
Which state/s?
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:56 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Which state/s?
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/satell...=3&lye=1&lyf=1
Old Mar 20th 2010, 3:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67

Cyclone is a cat 3 ffs.
Hope you're all safe and sound up there, sat at work watching it on radar. Our guys in Mackay are staying indoors for the next few hours, and all we can do is sit and wait..........
The unusual thing about this is that almost all the rain seems to be falling in the southern part of the system, instead of being universally distributed around it. And unfortunately for you, Framc, that puts most of it over Mackay.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Raining and miserable all day.

We did actually manage to crack a balmy 15 degrees for a short while here in Surrey, so not too bad.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny though.

p.s. this is a wind-up for NS & LIR.

Last edited by Alfresco; Mar 20th 2010 at 5:09 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Raining and miserable all day.

We did actually manage to crack a balmy 15 degrees for a short while here in Surrey, so not too bad.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny though.

p.s. this is a wind-up for NS & LIR.
Yep rainy today where i am..but at least it's not Brissy weather, cyclones
Old Mar 20th 2010, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
And it's not Melly weather either. Perfect.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 10:29 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
And it's not Melly weather either. Perfect.
tis very purrrrfect at the moment
Old Mar 21st 2010, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Queensland is a big place. Would a cyclone in Spain cross over your house?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hope you're all safe and sound up there, sat at work watching it on radar. Our guys in Mackay are staying indoors for the next few hours, and all we can do is sit and wait..........
The unusual thing about this is that almost all the rain seems to be falling in the southern part of the system, instead of being universally distributed around it. And unfortunately for you, Framc, that puts most of it over Mackay.
All good Polly but wouldnt want every weekend. Trees lying all over the roads and power only came back on abt 2.30 after going off abt 11 last night.PHEW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.