Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wearing pyjamas to go to the shops

Wikiposts

Wearing pyjamas to go to the shops

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:58 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wearing pyjamas to go to the shops

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I have driven my boys to school a few times in my PJs & it did occur to me how embarassed (mortified) I would be if the car broke down on the way home but perhaps I should not worry?!
I took my OH to the train station in the car one morning. It was peeing it down & cold so I kept my PJ's on.

When I got home and got out of the car I heard a big tear - the seam down the back of my PJ bottom had split

I stood at the front door holding my arse together - only to find my dozy OH had taken the front door key off my keyring

Was I angry:curse:

Never, ever, ever, ever again
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Wearing pyjamas to go to the shops

Originally Posted by Kim67
Midland/Midvale is almost unrecognisable these days (compared to 10/15 years ago) - but really, it's still the same deep down.
I think you're right. Which is a shame, because the place could be quite decent if enough work was done on it. The main problem seems to be that there's no clearly defined town centre, and no unique character to the place. It's just a collection of industrial/business parks, fast food joints and chain stores with a library tacked on the side.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:46 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Well when I lived in Oz I admit I never went outside in my jammies,but I did drive with barefeet and weather permitting walked down the shops without shoes,its liberating!
Isn't driving barefoot illegal in Aus?

I remember many years ago my horrified mum chasing my Aussie cousin down the street here in the UK, him barefoot and shouting "I don't wear shoes in Australia so I'm not going to wear them here!".
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:00 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
I took my OH to the train station in the car one morning. It was peeing it down & cold so I kept my PJ's on.

When I got home and got out of the car I heard a big tear - the seam down the back of my PJ bottom had split

I stood at the front door holding my arse together - only to find my dozy OH had taken the front door key off my keyring

Was I angry:curse:

Never, ever, ever, ever again
Hahaha! One of our former neighbours, a couple used to drink a lot and they kept a large beer and wine fridge in their garden shed. Anyway one night it seems that they had a row and (don't ask me why!) he was naked. As he was heading out the door to get another beer she shouted at him "I've got a good mind to throw you out!". He stupidly replied "go on then!". And she did - immediately. So there he was tapping on the back door quietly shouting "let me in" unaware that she was in the front bedroom throwing his clothes and things out of the window. All of us neighbours laughed about it for weeks.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by paulry
Isn't driving barefoot illegal in Aus?
Nope, it is one of those stories (old wives tales) that just keeps going round, and people eventually believe it because they hear it so often.

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jazzys
What is it with some people who think nothing of popping out to the shop (nightowls, subway, blockbuster etc) in pyjamas and slippers?

If that had happened in my old home town in the UK, the person would have been regarded as a nutter.

Jazzys
that's the best thing about OZ, nobody cares what you wear or how you look like.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Nope, it is one of those stories (old wives tales) that just keeps going round, and people eventually believe it because they hear it so often.
That's good It never really made sense to me for it to be illegal.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:43 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by paulry
That's good It never really made sense to me for it to be illegal.
In case anyone is wondering, I have actually seen it confirmed by Government Departments, such as:

QLD:
The Assistant Commissioner has advised that there are no provisions in Queensland legislation that specifically prohibit driving a motor vehicle when not wearing shoes or another type of footwear.

TONY McGRADY
Minister for Police and Corrective Services

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

My son's driving instructor got him to wear just his socks for a couple of lessons - not sure why but it seemed to work.......
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:49 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
My son's driving instructor got him to wear just his socks for a couple of lessons - not sure why but it seemed to work.......
It was easier to pull his socks up?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:50 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asprilla
Complete fiction. I don't believe you. This often pops up on BE but I've never seen it in 5yrs of supermarket shopping around Brisbane....so it can't be true.

I'm convinced that people like jazzys start these threads deliberately as some kind of practical joke ! Please tell me I'm right, or post the photos to prove me wrong !!!!
Oh it does happen. I've seen it many times in Melbourne too. That's Aussies for you.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Got to admit I've been to the shop in my pyjamas. It was in the UK the day after my 21st so didn't give a monkey's about what I looked like just needed a drink - of pop that is
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:54 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Got to admit I've been to the shop in my pyjamas. It was in the UK the day after my 21st so didn't give a monkey's about what I looked like just needed a drink - of pop that is
personally don't see the problem. no one has come up with any reason why you shouldn't do it.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
personally don't see the problem. no one has come up with any reason why you shouldn't do it.
Exactly!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Add into the equation some pjs cost more than what you would pay for a decent top and shorts and you can understand why some people would want to get as much wear out of them as possible

Mx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.