Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

we are bricking it.....

we are bricking it.....

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: we are bricking it.....

I thought they bought off you and gave you ya money within 14 days, seems to me they keep moving the carrot away from the donkeys mouth here Gotta go get my little lad from school now but will check back in later to see what happening, do tell all
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Griff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really niceGriff_500 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gerry
cheers lol gonna try and go with the offer of 95k we first started off wanting min 115k so its really about 20k drop if it all goes thru???

only thing is now the company say theu will market our house hopefully sell within the week then buy it???

i dont get that but he made it sound like all the house buying companys do this???
Hi Gerry,

Sounds like the company are going to look for a tenant / buyer first before they buy from you. Be careful of what you sign if you go ahead. The "within the week" could turn out to be much longer on a contract. Once you have signed the contract they could then register an interest at land reg and prevent you selling to someone else if they fail.
If you would like to PM me some details I could post your details around to some investors. No promises as it is tough out there.
Regardless of what you do I wish you well.

Good luck
Andy
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like it is getting complicated Gerry, they make it sound so easy dont they, by what they say they offer you the money and you have it within 14 days, but when it comes down to it, there is always more, dont think I will bother with them, but let us know how you go. Best of Luck really sending you loadsa good karma and positive vibes.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:33 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Griff_500
Hi Gerry,

Sounds like the company are going to look for a tenant / buyer first before they buy from you. Be careful of what you sign if you go ahead. The "within the week" could turn out to be much longer on a contract. Once you have signed the contract they could then register an interest at land reg and prevent you selling to someone else if they fail.
If you would like to PM me some details I could post your details around to some investors. No promises as it is tough out there.
Regardless of what you do I wish you well.

Good luck
Andy
That's good advice, to read the contract VERY carefully. In fact it would be wise to get a solicitor involved.

As you say, it's a tough market & it can lead to some not-so-pleasant practices.