Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Washing help required

Washing help required

Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing help required

Originally Posted by aston man
i used to go out with a dry cleaner,ive just rung her..

she said ,battery acid,,pour it on to the stain and you will never know it was there..hope that helps..

ast
Aston, me thinks you talk out of your avatar!And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:12 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I've got a make up stain ona brand new yellow top and I canny get it out. I've pre stain removered, soaked, washed and it's still there as strong as it was. Anybody got any tips? Thanks
Plenty of helpful tips in that link. If you have a dishwasher, try d/w powder or liquid. Put directly onto the stain and soak in very warm water. It gets all the cricket whites clean and grass is a bugger to get out. If not, plain household soap dipped in hot water and rub the area which is stained.
Not good for delicates though.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

I've got a make up stain ona brand new yellow top and I canny get it out. I've pre stain removered, soaked, washed and it's still there as strong as it was. Anybody got any tips? Thanks
Dye it the same colour as the stain
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:34 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

wear it inside out
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dennis The Menace
Dye it the same colour as the stain
I've already got a broon top that's why I bought a yellow one

Originally Posted by Icarus
wear it inside out
You can still see it.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:43 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

You can still see it.
take it back to shop , say it was there when you got it home

you actually tried it inside out ?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

take it back to shop , say it was there when you got it home

you actually tried it inside out ?
That's how I saw the stain was still there because it was inside out when I was hanging it on the line. Make a note to yourself to do that with your tops when you get here bacause the sun fades everything.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:47 am
Handsome Internet Guy

That's how I saw the stain was still there because it was inside out when I was hanging it on the line. Make a note to yourself to do that with your tops when you get here bacause the sun fades everything.
best not to wear one
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

best not to wear one
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:57 am
Handsome Internet Guy

me i meant