Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Washing help required

Washing help required

Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Washing help required

I've got a make up stain ona brand new yellow top and I canny get it out. I've pre stain removered, soaked, washed and it's still there as strong as it was. Anybody got any tips? Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:09 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing help required

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I've got a make up stain ona brand new yellow top and I canny get it out. I've pre stain removered, soaked, washed and it's still there as strong as it was. Anybody got any tips? Thanks
I have the exact solution you are looking for.

Lay the garment down on a flat surface, gently stretch it until the stained area is easily visible.

Get a pair of sharp scissors and cut the stained section of material away - being careful to avoid contaminating other parts of the garment (don't want to completely ruin it!!!

Wash and hang to dry as normal - you will note that there is no longer a stain in the affected area....

No need to thank me!!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
I have the exact solution you are looking for.

Lay the garment down on a flat surface, gently stretch it until the stained area is easily visible.

Get a pair of sharp scissors and cut the stained section of material away - being careful to avoid contaminating other parts of the garment (don't want to completely ruin it!!!

Wash and hang to dry as normal - you will note that there is no longer a stain in the affected area....

No need to thank me!!
All good apart from my nipple is now showing!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

All good apart from my nipple is now showing!
Well you've made Andy a happy man, along with any other bloke you meet whilst wearing it Have you tried one of the stain remover bottles that does different stains depending on what caused it?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

try vinegar

Ann
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well you've made Andy a happy man, along with any other bloke you meet whilst wearing it Have you tried one of the stain remover bottles that does different stains depending on what caused it?

Originally Posted by Mumfords
try vinegar

Ann
Thank You both. I'll try the Vinegar now and see how I go. If not it'll be a trip to the detergent aisle for me tonight.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

try an eye make up remover but not one that is for waterproof make up as it will most likey leave a greasy mark.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Try google there are loads of tips, it all depends on what type of material it is
Janet
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:39 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I still say removing the stained areas with scissors is the only way to ensure that the stain is 100% removed!!!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
I still say removing the stained areas with scissors is the only way to ensure that the stain is 100% removed!!!
Thank you Andy or should that be HAndy?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Try putting a little washing up liquid on it. Make sure you DONT use the green type (it can stain if it drys) use a yellow colour. Leave it for a while but don't let it dry and then wash in your machine as usual.

It's always worked for me.

Trish
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mumfords
try vinegar

Ann
I think she wants to wear it not EAT it
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:22 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i used to go out with a dry cleaner,ive just rung her..

she said ,battery acid,,pour it on to the stain and you will never know it was there..hope that helps..

ast
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:33 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298396
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

try baby wipes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.