Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan

want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

naufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to all
Post want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan

hello can you guys give me any rough idea of sending back my laptop from sydney to pakistan or any website where i can calculate the rates.

regards

naufil
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan

Originally Posted by naufil
hello can you guys give me any rough idea of sending back my laptop from sydney to pakistan or any website where i can calculate the rates.

regards

naufil
Why would you want to?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

naufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to all
Post Re: want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why would you want to?
cuz its a company laptop.. and i ll be sending it back as i have to submit it back to my company where i was initially working...

thankyou
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

regards

naufil
Have you thought to ring any of the courier companies? DHL, FedEx, UPS.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:23 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

cuz its a company laptop.. and i ll be sending it back as i have to submit it back to my company where i was initially working...

thankyou
Ahhh, in that case, see Dorothy's post!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou
Personally I would make them whistle for it unless they are paying the postage for it - DHL etc for a laptop will NOT be cheap.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:52 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Smurtaza when you need him/her
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Where is Smurtaza when you need him/her
Last seen trying to work out why there is no photo on his Australian visa to distinguish him from the Chinese guy sitting next to him...............
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you thought to ring any of the courier companies? DHL, FedEx, UPS.
i would do that.. but i m yet to arrive in sydney.... so i m just getting the info before hand so i can have an idea wether to bring it along with me or not

regards,

naufil
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

i would do that.. but i m yet to arrive in sydney.... so i m just getting the info before hand so i can have an idea wether to bring it along with me or not

regards,

naufil
Why not get it sent from the airport you are departing from.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Why not get it sent from the airport you are departing from.
Or if you haven't left Pakistan yet just leave it there. Why would you bring it all the way to Australia only to have to ship it back?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Or if you haven't left Pakistan yet just leave it there. Why would you bring it all the way to Australia only to have to ship it back?

i just want to have it , so to save money on buying the new one
till the time i find my job.. its bettet to have the company one.. than to buy the new one.

if the shipment back is costly then i will probably buy my own ..

but if not i can enjoy it for another couple of months for the leave i have got approved from my company

regards

naufil
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:39 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

i just want to have it , so to save money on buying the new one
till the time i find my job.. its bettet to have the company one.. than to buy the new one.

if the shipment back is costly then i will probably buy my own ..

but if not i can enjoy it for another couple of months for the leave i have got approved from my company

regards

naufil
.... but then if you are leaving the company, why are you being allowed to take the laptop?
I might be reading this the wrong way, but if you will be no longer employed by the company and you just take it after you leave their employ, wouldn't that be theft? It would be in Australia.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke
.... but then if you are leaving the company, why are you being allowed to take the laptop?
I might be reading this the wrong way, but if you will be no longer employed by the company and you just take it after you leave their employ, wouldn't that be theft? It would be in Australia.
I am allowd to have the laptop till i m officially on annual leave around 2 months. And when i will submit my resignation i will return the laptop to the company so that i can get my final salary and clear my final payment. like a gentleman

regards

naufil
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:21 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I am allowd to have the laptop till i m officially on annual leave around 2 months. And when i will submit my resignation i will return the laptop to the company so that i can get my final salary and clear my final payment. like a gentleman

regards

naufil
Ok. Sorry, just didn't know how the system worked over in pakistan -different to here.