British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/want-courier-back-laptop-sydney-pakistan-652779/)

naufil Feb 3rd 2010 6:59 am

want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan

hello can you guys give me any rough idea of sending back my laptop from sydney to pakistan or any website where i can calculate the rates.

regards

naufil

Pollyana Feb 3rd 2010 7:08 am

Re: want to courier back laptop sydney to Pakistan

Originally Posted by naufil (Post 8307096)
hello can you guys give me any rough idea of sending back my laptop from sydney to pakistan or any website where i can calculate the rates.

regards

naufil

Why would you want to?:confused:

naufil Feb 3rd 2010 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8307109)
Why would you want to?:confused:

cuz its a company laptop.. and i ll be sending it back as i have to submit it back to my company where i was initially working... :)

thankyou :)

Dorothy Feb 3rd 2010 7:17 am

Originally Posted by naufil (Post 8307096)

regards

naufil

Have you thought to ring any of the courier companies? DHL, FedEx, UPS.

Pollyana Feb 3rd 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by naufil (Post 8307125)
cuz its a company laptop.. and i ll be sending it back as i have to submit it back to my company where i was initially working... :)

Ahhh, in that case, see Dorothy's post!

hoofie2002 Feb 3rd 2010 7:37 am

Originally Posted by naufil (Post 8307125)

Personally I would make them whistle for it unless they are paying the postage for it - DHL etc for a laptop will NOT be cheap.

Geelong Gent Feb 3rd 2010 7:52 am

Where is Smurtaza when you need him/her

Pollyana Feb 3rd 2010 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 8307222)
Where is Smurtaza when you need him/her

Last seen trying to work out why there is no photo on his Australian visa to distinguish him from the Chinese guy sitting next to him...............:sneaky::sneaky:

naufil Feb 3rd 2010 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8307127)
Have you thought to ring any of the courier companies? DHL, FedEx, UPS.

i would do that.. but i m yet to arrive in sydney.... so i m just getting the info before hand so i can have an idea wether to bring it along with me or not

regards,

naufil

irishbloo Feb 3rd 2010 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by naufil (Post 8307594)
i would do that.. but i m yet to arrive in sydney.... so i m just getting the info before hand so i can have an idea wether to bring it along with me or not

regards,

naufil

Why not get it sent from the airport you are departing from.

Dorothy Feb 4th 2010 12:30 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 8308106)
Why not get it sent from the airport you are departing from.

Or if you haven't left Pakistan yet just leave it there. :confused: Why would you bring it all the way to Australia only to have to ship it back?

naufil Feb 4th 2010 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8310084)
Or if you haven't left Pakistan yet just leave it there. :confused: Why would you bring it all the way to Australia only to have to ship it back?

i just want to have it , so to save money on buying the new one
till the time i find my job.. its bettet to have the company one.. than to buy the new one.

if the shipment back is costly then i will probably buy my own :(..

but if not i can enjoy it for another couple of months for the leave i have got approved from my company :)

regards

naufil

The Bloke Feb 4th 2010 10:39 am

Originally Posted by naufil (Post 8310465)
i just want to have it , so to save money on buying the new one
till the time i find my job.. its bettet to have the company one.. than to buy the new one.

if the shipment back is costly then i will probably buy my own :(..

but if not i can enjoy it for another couple of months for the leave i have got approved from my company :)

regards

naufil

.... but then if you are leaving the company, why are you being allowed to take the laptop? :confused:
I might be reading this the wrong way, but if you will be no longer employed by the company and you just take it after you leave their employ, wouldn't that be theft? It would be in Australia.

naufil Feb 4th 2010 11:08 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 8311042)
.... but then if you are leaving the company, why are you being allowed to take the laptop? :confused:
I might be reading this the wrong way, but if you will be no longer employed by the company and you just take it after you leave their employ, wouldn't that be theft? It would be in Australia.

I am allowd to have the laptop till i m officially on annual leave around 2 months. And when i will submit my resignation i will return the laptop to the company so that i can get my final salary and clear my final payment. like a gentleman :)

regards

naufil

The Bloke Feb 4th 2010 11:21 am

Originally Posted by naufil (Post 8311102)
I am allowd to have the laptop till i m officially on annual leave around 2 months. And when i will submit my resignation i will return the laptop to the company so that i can get my final salary and clear my final payment. like a gentleman :)

regards

naufil

Ok. Sorry, just didn't know how the system worked over in pakistan -different to here.:)