Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wanna share my joy???

Wanna share my joy???

Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wanna share my joy???

Originally Posted by sme
I'm sure she gets her maturity from your wise words

As you say it may not be what you wish for in life but you have to make the best of whats dealt to you.
Thanks for that.....

Originally Posted by nanny2six
You and your daughter sound like fantastic Mum's, My eldest daughter had her first baby when she was 29 and she just couldn't cope so when he was less than a week old i had to have him for a few nights she then went back to work early and i looked after my grandson because her and her husband found having a baby was too hard,(they both went through a lot to have him) they are both good parents now but my point is age doesn't make you a good Mum or Dad, its the work you are prepared to put into the child that makes you good parent's, so enjoy your beautifull grandson,
Thankyou too.......
am feeling abit of a dribbly mess and on a little defensive downer today.........does it show??
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:11 am
Banned

earlswood will become famous soon enough

Hope everthing is great
I was a dad at 16 and talk to my daughter everyday on skype.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by earlswood
Hope everthing is great
I was a dad at 16 and talk to my daughter everyday on skype.
you've just made tears trickle down my face.....

can't explain why, but am still the same dribbly mess as of my earlier post, and i didn't even HAVE the baby...

I'm really pleased that you have that kind of relationship with your daughter, it's a beautiful thing to have....
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:39 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by memewest
Hi All.....

My very brave 16yr old daughter gave birth last night (7th March 2008) at 11.45pm to a gorgeous baby boy!!
Jak Robert James weighed in at 5lb 10oz even though he was 6wks and 4days early.....
Both are doing great, tho Jak will be in NICU for a little while until he's feeding properly....

I am now a very proud Grandma at the ripe old age of 36!!!

Just wanted to shout it out and share it with the world!!
Grandma at 36...wow!!!!

Congrats to you all
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:44 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Smiling did forgive me after I apologized and said.

"Apology accepted....
just a shame theres such a stigma attached to teenage girls and pregnancy....you probably said what alot of people think, just had the guts to say it....no harm done and and they are all doing great!!

Maybe its because youngish blokes are a bit thick and do say what comes straight to our heads.

But the daughter and boyfriend seem like a great couple and I really did not
mean to offend.
i agree i was 16 when i had my daughter she is 13 now and yes it was a strugglewith all the people commenting but i wouldn't change a thing good luck to your daughter and her fella and tell them to ignore comments from people they just don't have a life themselves

Lisa
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by frogboy
i agree i was 16 when i had my daughter she is 13 now and yes it was a strugglewith all the people commenting but i wouldn't change a thing good luck to your daughter and her fella and tell them to ignore comments from people they just don't have a life themselves

Lisa
Thanks Lisa, having a child at any age can be tough, as previously posted, i was just 17 when i had my first, but kept my head cool, (mouth can runaway from me at times...) ignored bad comments and got on with loving my children and bringing them up to the best of my ability....
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:56 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Thanks Lisa, having a child at any age can be tough, as previously posted, i was just 17 when i had my first, but kept my head cool, (mouth can runaway from me at times...) ignored bad comments and got on with loving my children and bringing them up to the best of my ability....
My sister was pregnant at 15. Had her daughter at 16. They look like sister's, not mother and daughter. But that's cool and how they like it. Was a shock for my parents, but they got over it as soon as the baby was born.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you've obviously been a great mum and will be a great gran. I had my first at 31. Had I waited until I felt I was mature enough to bring a child into the world and bring it up, I would still be without them now. "Accidents" happen at any age but the fact that both you and her boyfriend are 100% behind her speaks volumes.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
My sister was pregnant at 15. Had her daughter at 16. They look like sister's, not mother and daughter. But that's cool and how they like it. Was a shock for my parents, but they got over it as soon as the baby was born.

Baby's have a way of doing that to people.....
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:18 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Thanks for that.....

Thankyou too.......
am feeling abit of a dribbly mess and on a little defensive downer today.........does it show??
No, BUT what does show is that your a Mum who will defend her daughter and love and not judge her thats what makes you special as a Mum, so please dont let anyone make you feel down, your brill
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you are feeling a bit more cheerful meme

Hormones Who'd 'ave 'em?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nanny2six
No, BUT what does show is that your a Mum who will defend her daughter and love and not judge her thats what makes you special as a Mum, so please dont let anyone make you feel down, your brill
Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hope you are feeling a bit more cheerful meme

Hormones Who'd 'ave 'em?
hormones make you do funny things don't they?? fell out with my 5yr old son's headmaster this afternoon..... they catch transport home from school and my son didn't line up properly so that deserved a right telling off and shouting match from a huge 6ft+ headmaster, to the point that my poor boy was cowering and hiding behind his book bag sobbing his heart out and the brute of a man was only inches from my boy's face....:curse: a lady up the road who collects her kids from school beat the bus home and came marching up to the bus stop to tell me as she saw everything and even had to comfort my son whilst standing on his own waiting to go on the bus!!! he wasn't allowed to wait with the other kids.... i saw red...:curse: came home and phoned the school, went completely mad at the head, yet he said he has no reason to apologise for the way he shouted at my lad....i reasoned that if he had misbehaved then yes, tell him off, it wasn't that he had told my boy off, it was the manner in which he had done so.....it's like talking to a brick wall.....any other time i would probably have still called the school but in a reasonable manner.....not today.....bull and china shop come to mind!!

sorry....have waffled and side-tracked.....but i do feel better for getting all this off my chest tho.....

going up to see sades, paul and jak tomorrow.....YIPPEE!!!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well, feel sure tomorrow will be a much better day for you
Have a safe trip!
Will you be able to hold him yet?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well, feel sure tomorrow will be a much better day for you
Have a safe trip!
Will you be able to hold him yet?
well he has jaundice, but instead of staying under lights, they now have a newfangled thingy which goes underneath his vest ? he is still attached to heart monitors etc....and still has his feeding tube but i know that sades has been able to hold him and feed him, they use the tube to top up the feeds as he still can't breathe/feed at the same time....poor love... so i'm hoping to have at least 5mins cuddling him.....have loads of pressies and cards to take up to her, feels like christmas in my house at the mo with all the gifts!!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You go have a wonderful day grandma!

Also, am shocked at the way your son was treated at school today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.