Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WALES WON THE GRAND SLAM

WALES WON THE GRAND SLAM

Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WALES WON THE GRAND SLAM

Originally Posted by justsarah
Gd god those grapes must be REALLY sour!!!

YAWN, YAWN, YAWN

Im sure they deserved that second place the roses eh!!! NOT!!!
Sour? A thumbs up for Wales FFS. My mother will be proud. Wasn't even aware England had come second. (Best performance in 6N in recent years)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
A thumbs up for Wales FFS.
Thats how i read it mate

After the shambles (us) in the world cup, to see Wales perform like that (first half against England excluded) through the 6 nations it was a pleasure to watch.

Warren Gatland Shaun Edwards and Rob Howley have perfomed miracles with a team that have always had the potential, thank god we've seen the back of Gareth jenkins
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
Thats how i read it mate

After the shambles (us) in the world cup, to see Wales perform like that (first half against England excluded) through the 6 nations it was a pleasure to watch.

Warren Gatland Shaun Edwards and Rob Howley have perfomed miracles with a team that have always had the potential, thank god we've seen the back of Gareth jenkins
Look: As an Englishman I can only remember and appreciate one thing. 2003. (And the build up over all those years from the early 1990s - I am not a johnny come-lately). That's enough for me. Stay with me - this is not a white shirt beating post!

Since living in Melbourne I am a lot less partisan in general and now just like to watch Rugby.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:46 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got Grand Slam dvd.... Im dying to watch it again...
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a text at 5:30 this morning telling me the good news

Too tired to stay up and watch it but have been told it was a fab game - have caught the highlights

Lau x
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:35 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

What makes me laugh is that Wales did in what 3 years (less?) what a dominant England wanted to do in 8 odd. Win more than 1!

Admitedly England won Championships and in those years were often far better than any other team in some ways and were pipped at the post but people only remember the Grand Slams.
and the Calcutta Cup
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy
and the Calcutta Cup
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by biggy
and the Calcutta Cup
Mate, it's not worth the plastic it's clearly made of.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:46 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, it's not worth the plastic it's clearly made of.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes it is lol its worth its weight in gold

Last edited by biggy; Mar 16th 2008 at 12:01 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Reedy
I had a text at 5:30 this morning telling me the good news

Too tired to stay up and watch it but have been told it was a fab game - have caught the highlights

Lau x
Sky plussed it ( ok Austar but nearly the same)

Fab game!!!

All the rellies were late calling me today and all had mega hangovers!!

The French must have been sorry for their comments before the game that they werent playing New Zealand or Australia ONLY Wales,,,

HAVE THAT STUFFING!!!!

Looking forward to the summer in South Africe now... They seem more than capable of putting on a better show than in November for the Prince William Cup.

Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Spoke to my mate today that had tickets to the match - he had a great time at the match but nightmare afterwards - couldn't get into any bar afterwards due to the number of people in Caridff.

No taxis, trains all full and it was heavy rain.

He has a cold now but still said it was best day ever
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I heard that too.

I expet he'll get man flu now too!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Barney99 will become famous soon enoughBarney99 will become famous soon enough

This will set the cat amongst the pigeons!!
I saw a tee shirt for sale a few weeks ago in Edinburgh - nearly bought it!
It was navy blue with white writing saying -
'I support 2 teams, Scotland, and anyone who is beating England!!
Well done Wales good match, very exciting, I don't ever mind loosing to a fellow Celt!
Liz