Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Waah, I don't wanna go

Waah, I don't wanna go

Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waah, I don't wanna go

Originally Posted by VinoVeritas
OK, good stuff, thanks for the replies, even the rude ones! Skyping is good and the internet's a lot more advanced than when we were last there, although I don't want to hide in an imginary world.
Thinking about it, I guess the thing is to make friends, be involved, keep in touch and enjoy the beer and wine. Just like anywhere else really.
Cheers.
So you are going then? I still think it is a massive mistake, it didn't make you happy before, you don't want to go and so chances are you will be unhappy again.

I think I saw a post where you said your daughter expected you to go without question ... well if that is the case, she sounds like she needs a good talking to!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:43 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
So you are going then? I still think it is a massive mistake, it didn't make you happy before, you don't want to go and so chances are you will be unhappy again.

I think I saw a post where you said your daughter expected you to go without question ... well if that is the case, she sounds like she needs a good talking to!
Also, what if you (the OP, obviously, not BS) go, are totally miserable and completely ruin things for your daughter and her family?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:17 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
OMG! I never realised we're supposed to follow our adult children around the world. Holy crap...Now I'm going to have to clone myself. Really, otherwise how will I be able to live close to both my kids here and the one in North America?
Not sure it's you who should be saying "holy crap" - it's us that will have to put up with two of you Is the world ready for this?!?!

psssst - hoping that insulting you, doesn't mean a withdrawal of my invitation for lasagne at some unspecified date in the future
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Hee Hee... My daughter loves Brisbane, she's welcome to it. I'm going home in my dotage... Plane fares are tuppence happeny from Heathrow end, come for a bit of extended sunshine and go home when you feel like a decent pint and you're missing the BBC. Best of both worlds!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:50 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
Hee Hee... My daughter loves Brisbane, she's welcome to it. I'm going home in my dotage... Plane fares are tuppence happeny from Heathrow end, come for a bit of extended sunshine and go home when you feel like a decent pint and you're missing the BBC. Best of both worlds!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 7:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Not sure it's you who should be saying "holy crap" - it's us that will have to put up with two of you Is the world ready for this?!?!

psssst - hoping that insulting you, doesn't mean a withdrawal of my invitation for lasagne at some unspecified date in the future
Two of me means twice the fun. And no, I wouldn't withdraw the invitation of food and lodgings. You're welcome for lasagne any time. Actually, I'm making musroom risotto tonight, so you're welcome for that if you like.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 7:13 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Two of me means twice the fun. And no, I wouldn't withdraw the invitation of food and lodgings. You're welcome for lasagne any time. Actually, I'm making musroom risotto tonight, so you're welcome for that if you like.
YUM...bring a doggy bag Monday
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:00 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Mushroom risotto? Yum!! I love mushrooms! My ex wouldn't eat them so gradually they disappeared from my dinners, so for the first few weeks after we moved out, my girly and I had mushrooms with everything
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mushroom risotto? Yum!! I love mushrooms! My ex wouldn't eat them so gradually they disappeared from my dinners, so for the first few weeks after we moved out, my girly and I had mushrooms with everything
MUSHROOMS
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:29 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
MUSHROOMS
You mean to say you don't follow the true path of mushroomness? I can only hope that one day you see the light - hallelujah, praise be!!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You mean to say you don't follow the true path of mushroomness? I can only hope that one day you see the light - hallelujah, praise be!!
Mushrooms are heavenly food However I do remember that our Bernieboy won't go near them My nephew is the same, used to run screaming from the room if he found a mushroom on his plate, and made up stories as a kid where Hedgehogs ruled the world after defeating armies of invading mushrooms
Old Jan 5th 2013, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mushrooms are heavenly food However I do remember that our Bernieboy won't go near them My nephew is the same, used to run screaming from the room if he found a mushroom on his plate, and made up stories as a kid where Hedgehogs ruled the world after defeating armies of invading mushrooms
I had a bad experience with mushrooms too... The Womad, Mersey Island... 1980s
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think one of the best things I've ever tasted was mushroom bruschetta. Crusty bread slathered in roast garlic then toasted and covered in grilled mushrooms with grilled onions and grated parmesan. Truly one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:42 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

I think one of the best things I've ever tasted was mushroom bruschetta. Crusty bread slathered in roast garlic then toasted and covered in grilled mushrooms with grilled onions and grated parmesan. Truly one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth.
Something similar was my first foray into the world of vegetables. Up until my late twenties, I wouldn't eat any at all. They were all But out for dinner with my then fella and the starter was something like...medley of garlic infused wild mushrooms on home-made bruschetta. It sounded utterly devine so I thought I would try it. WOW....absolutely love 'em now. We have mushrooms with most things. And I have vastly expanded my vegetable repertoire
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:47 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by rasen78
Something similar was my first foray into the world of vegetables. Up until my late twenties, I wouldn't eat any at all. They were all But out for dinner with my then fella and the starter was something like...medley of garlic infused wild mushrooms on home-made bruschetta. It sounded utterly devine so I thought I would try it. WOW....absolutely love 'em now. We have mushrooms with most things. And I have vastly expanded my vegetable repertoire
we can find mushroom bruschetta tomorrow. Now I'm craving it. Served with a glass of very chilled wine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.