VPN for BBC iplayer

Old Nov 12th 2020, 3:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VPN for BBC iplayer

Originally Posted by Hutch
After many years of mixed results with various VPNs and Smart DNS services, I bought the missus a subscription to Britbox. You can't sign up if you're not in America, so you just buy a gift voucher on the site and use it yourself - easy. Now she has access to her soaps with no stress - works perfectly all the time. Can also recommend the UKTVLand subreddit - they post all sorts of good stuff in there, including whole box-sets. The Not a Panelshow subreddit is good too.
Britbox is launching in Australia too. They said it would be by the end of the year but no actual data has been announced, so I doubt that it will. They are also starting to make original content too - Spitting Image being the one I know of

I'm still having success with a DNS redirect for BBC iplayer/ITV/C4 etc - as well as US Netflix - and it's a very cheap option. iplayer can buffer at times but it seems a lot better than it used to be. The other UK channels rarely buffer. I trialed an IPTV service as well. The content was insane but quality was an issue and it's not the cheapest

Ultimately, there's too much stuff to watch and not enough time to watch it
Old Nov 24th 2020, 1:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Britbox now launched in Australia:
https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e4c119c60342d8
Old Dec 10th 2020, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had much luck with VPNs or DNS redirects to access the BBC iPlayer. It's like a game of whack-a-mole. As soon as the VPN provider allocates a new UK IP addresses, the BBC iPlayer will block them. You might get a few weeks out of them, but eventually they will be blocked. Isn't Britbox older BBC stuff?

A friend tells me to bin all my streaming services and that Usenet is the way to go. 24/7 computer + Newshosting.com + Tweaknews + nzbplanet + sabnzbd + sickchill + couchpotato (optionally + Kayo for live sport streaming).