Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

views from people in W A

views from people in W A

Old May 28th 2009, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

blades1889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: views from people in W A

I am after any info schools peaceful beach shops (for the wife not to close) just a good life eg i live in a town for 40 years used to be great now last night 4 tyres slashed
little things like that . plus every time i put something on TV about down under you are always bloody smiling

any help
Old May 28th 2009, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

We considered Perth and it ended up 2nd on our list (we travelled around and explored a bit before deciding)..

It is a great place (yep, has the usual problems, doesn't everywhere, blah blah blah), it was quite organised and the city itself has a refreshingly clean and chilled out air to it.. Perth is one of my favourite cities over here actually.. I love the atmosphere there.. the suburbs are a bit hit and miss.. if we were to live there we'd love to afford Scarborough.. have friends who are in Bull Creek and their suburb is great, about 20 mins in the freeway and you are straight into Perth.. Plus it has a train line and great buses..

Re being so "on your own" over there, the one thing I have found when talking to WA'ers and from my friends is that the whole issue of being isolated is exactly how they like it.. other people I met travelling said the same thing.. when I say isolated, of course, Perth is massive!! We're not talking about an English sized town here!

Why didn't we choose it? Probably because, for me, Perth was a bit manicured compared to the rugged feel to the Sunshine coast with the mountains at the back and the shoreline to the front of me.. plus the weather didn’t suit me as well... the heat is dry in Perth (big plus let me tell you compared to the humidity that I have here) but it does get cold in the winter and can get up to 40 degrees in the summer... (again, according to my friend who has lived there for a good few years).. all that aside, the main reason is that our family just preferred The Sunshine Coast more so..

If it were me and I wanted to move in the future, then Perth would def be somewhere I would seriously consider..

Em x
Old May 29th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I moved to Perth in October 2007 and would never go back to live in England.Though I know someone who lasted three weeks here before moving back.I just think if you are thinking of imigrating then you can't be happy in England so why not give it a go?I think we would have always wondered what our lives would have been like if we had not moved here.If you end up hating it here then you will go back to England seeing it in a new light.

How old are your children?I have three girls 4,12 and 15 all enjoying school(the oldest is missing her friends though she has made lots here).I have not had any problems with the primary or High schools.There are drugs around at the High school but that was the same in England.Sue.
Old May 29th 2009, 7:02 am
Just Joined

blades1889 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounding better all the time
we have a boy 10 and girl 12 also two lads 19 and 22 don't if they will come along think the eldest will