Vaccines and autism

Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:48 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vaccines and autism

They being who?
Originally Posted by Luma
Not smoking it but I have traces of it in my blood - detected by a modern test by modern man. My contamination was most probably due to my last visit to South Africa a few months ago where it is still spraying DDT even thought the rest of the world has banned it. Guess they are trying to kill the people there?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:13 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
They being who?
The aliens in the bright lights

Making that awful racket in my head
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:14 pm

Bugg3rr5 gave me an an&l probe. Still sore.
Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
The aliens in the bright lights

Making that awful racket in my head
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:21 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Bugg3rr5 gave me an an&l probe. Still sore.
Took one look at me and threw me away - guess me nuts werent tight enough.
(reference to squirrels and nuts on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

deblaw will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Took one look at me and threw me away - guess me nuts werent tight enough.
(reference to squirrels and nuts on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
There has never been a study that has conclusively proven a link between the MMR and Autism.

Prof Wakefield's study was too small and no other funded study has been completely impartial. I think the only things that Prof Wakefield's study showed was the need for further studies into the effects of mass immunisation, especially considering the 5 in 1 vaccine that is being introduced, and the need for increased funding toward Autism diagnosis and treatments. Unfortunately Atism diagnosis tends to occur around the age of 18-36 months when children are expected to become much more social and active, exactly when the MMR is scheduled. Although I don't doubt that there is some kind of trigger, but I do think that the greater amount of children who have the MMR and not Autism compared the ones that have it and are diagnosed Autistic speak for themselves.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:55 pm

Has there been a study on the link between his nuts and aliens?
Originally Posted by deblaw
There has never been a study that has conclusively proven a link between the MMR and Autism.

Prof Wakefield's study was too small and no other funded study has been completely impartial. I think the only things that Prof Wakefield's study showed was the need for further studies into the effects of mass immunisation, especially considering the 5 in 1 vaccine that is being introduced, and the need for increased funding toward Autism diagnosis and treatments. Unfortunately Atism diagnosis tends to occur around the age of 18-36 months when children are expected to become much more social and active, exactly when the MMR is scheduled. Although I don't doubt that there is some kind of trigger, but I do think that the greater amount of children who have the MMR and not Autism compared the ones that have it and are diagnosed Autistic speak for themselves.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:55 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Has there been a study on the link between his nuts and aliens?

If there has been it must have been conducted by David Icke.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Abso bloody lutely. I thought this pointless argument had finally died a death, unfortunately not.
Totally agree, this is going nowhere. We had our son vaccinated because the benefits outweigh any possible negatives. He is absolutely fine.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:29 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

It drives me mad when someone states that their child was vaccinated and it absolutely fine, as if this proves some scientific fact about the vaccine's safety. No, MMR most likely does not cause autism on it's own. However that does not mean it is completely safe as all drugs have side effects. Thousands of children around the world are legally recognised as vaccine damaged, and those states in America where vaccination is mandatory have higher than average proportions of behavioural problems and autism ranging from mild to severe.

Please remember it took around 20 years of one solitary medical professional trying to research before anyone listened about the dangers of x-ray in pregnancy. Vaccines save millions of lives, but they also make millions of dollars. And unlike other drugs they are not vigorously tested before they are given to our little children. A little compassion please for those of us who do not want to just follow doctors orders and are looking to research a little the best way to ensure the health of our children.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mika24me
It drives me mad when someone states that their child was vaccinated and it absolutely fine, as if this proves some scientific fact about the vaccine's safety. No, MMR most likely does not cause autism on it's own. However that does not mean it is completely safe as all drugs have side effects. Thousands of children around the world are legally recognised as vaccine damaged, and those states in America where vaccination is mandatory have higher than average proportions of behavioural problems and autism ranging from mild to severe.

Please remember it took around 20 years of one solitary medical professional trying to research before anyone listened about the dangers of x-ray in pregnancy. Vaccines save millions of lives, but they also make millions of dollars. And unlike other drugs they are not vigorously tested before they are given to our little children. A little compassion please for those of us who do not want to just follow doctors orders and are looking to research a little the best way to ensure the health of our children.
And I admire those people who want to research little - as long as people don't just look for 'evidence' which supports untested assertions or which supports an apparent relationship that is not causative.

I don't know whether there is truth in what you say that US states that have higher rates of vaccination have higher rates of autism. I suspect that it is nonsense and would like to see the study - as opposed to unsubstantiated figures put out by MumsagainstMMR.com or somesuch.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It drives me mad when someone states that their child was vaccinated and it absolutely fine, as if this proves some scientific fact about the vaccine's safety.
By the same token, some stressed parent, who's child is Autistic, blaming MMR and quoting highly dubious and unsubstantiated claims does not prove the vaccine's supposed dangers.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

, and those states in America where vaccination is mandatory have higher than average proportions of behavioural problems and autism ranging from mild to severe.
Can you post the link which shows that MMR is compulsory is certain states in the US?
I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find information and can't find anything to suggest that it is compulsory in any US state.

Is this a case of yet more mis-information and pseudo-science from the anti-vaccination lobby or is the evidence out there somewhere?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

By the same token, some stressed parent, who's child is Autistic, blaming MMR and quoting highly dubious and unsubstantiated claims does not prove the vaccine's supposed dangers.
And proper science - not DailyMailMothersOutsideThe SchoolGates - suggests that mothers who beat themselves up about causing their child's auitism by giving them the MMR vaccine are completely wrong to do so.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:22 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

agreed. There needs to be more actual research as opposed to anecdotal claims on both sides of the argument as this proves nothing.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:38 am
Hussy

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Can you post the link which shows that MMR is compulsory is certain states in the US?
I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find information and can't find anything to suggest that it is compulsory in any US state.

Is this a case of yet more mis-information and pseudo-science from the anti-vaccination lobby or is the evidence out there somewhere?
here you go

Vaccination policy in U.S.

States in the U.S. mandate immunization, or obtaining exemption, before children enroll in public school. Exemptions are typically for people who have compromised immune systems, allergies to the components used in vaccinations, or strongly-held objections. All states but West Virginia and Mississippi allow religious exemptions, and twenty states allow parents to cite personal or philosophical objections. A widespread and growing number of parents falsely claim religious and philosophical beliefs to get vaccination exemptions, and an increasing number of disease outbreaks have come from communities where herd immunity was lost due to insufficient vaccination.[8]
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.