Vaccines and autism

Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough
Default Vaccines and autism

Can vaccines cause autism or SIDS? The manufacturers say "yes"!

http://www.vaccineshoppe.com/image.c...pe=product_pdf

I don't think too many parents get to see these package inserts, if indeed they ask.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccines and autism

Originally Posted by Rob12paws

I don't think too many parents get to see these package inserts, if indeed they ask.
I am not that up on this kind of documentation so the language used is a little OTT for me. However, I am not entirely sure it is saying it causes them merely adverse reactions have been reported.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting reading.
I apparently collapsed after the second of three whooping cough (pertussis) vaccinations. I was always told that I had breathing difficulties and was rushed to hospital. When I came out to Aus I got hold of my medical records and discovered that I actually had some kind of seizure and actually stopped breathing for a while.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Interesting reading.
I apparently collapsed after the second of three whooping cough (pertussis) vaccinations. I was always told that I had breathing difficulties and was rushed to hospital. When I came out to Aus I got hold of my medical records and discovered that I actually had some kind of seizure and actually stopped breathing for a while.
My eldest suffered febrile convulsions after everyone of her vaccinations until she hit aged 3.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there has ever been much doubt that there are adverse reactions to most (all?) vaccines.

The key issue is whether the overall benefits (i.e. for society as well as tehe individual) outweigh the risks.

The MMR/Autism link in my view was complete claptrap.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:48 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

There is one reference to Autism in the linked document...but it certainly isn't the manufacturer saying that its product can cause autism (or SIDS for that matter).
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:36 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Complete bollocks

Its in the genes from birth
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
nature07999.pdf (431.9 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by Geelong Gent; Jun 9th 2009 at 6:39 am.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Complete bollocks

Abso bloody lutely. I thought this pointless argument had finally died a death, unfortunately not.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:36 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Abso bloody lutely. I thought this pointless argument had finally died a death, unfortunately not.
Yes, I thought so too!

I'm grabbing the popcorn now
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:47 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

What is actually said about autism in the leaflet is utterly different from the poor medical opinion you are offering.

I am a parent of an ASD child so please tell me what qualifies you to offer this opinion?
Adverse events reported during post-approval use of Tripedia vaccine include idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, SIDS,
anaphylactic reaction, cellulitis, autism, convulsion/grand mal convulsion, encephalopathy, hypotonia, neuropathy, somnolence
and apnea. Events were included in this list because of the seriousness or frequency of reporting. Because these events are
reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequencies or to
establish a causal relationship to components of Tripedia vaccine.2

Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:57 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything I read and all the experts in the field I have seen have said the same. The first signs of autistic behavious happen just after one year of age which is also when the MMR is scheduled. This was the case before and after MMR. A lot of parents put it together and blame the ASD on MMR. The pharmaceutical industry is obliged to publish this information even though it is statistically irrelevant. I'd love to see the natural therapy industry go through a fraction of the scrutiny needed to bring a drug to market.

I just wish there was a way we could teach people to read through media bull and hype and actually be able to assess he real research. The more scrutiny the pharmaceutical industry has the less likely it is that society will cry conspiracy theory.
Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Complete bollocks

Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly didn't want to take the chance with the MMR and had single jabs for our son. It probably is a load of cobblers, but the thought something occuring just because we didn't spend a few hundred quid was just too much.

From the bit of research we did, we believe the argument that it doesn't actually cause Autism but if you are genetically predisposed, it could trigger it.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:37 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again! Sorry but this debate has been on here many a time. It's hard enough living in a household of autsim without having stuff pasted that really warrants very little scientific evidence.

Ginny
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:40 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Vaccines and autism

Good grief, not this again.

It's right up there with the "fluoride in the water is bad for you" nonsense.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:41 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stopjenny.com/

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.