Vaccines and autism

Old Jun 21st 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Vaccines and autism

Originally Posted by IvanM
What is the difference between an effective dose when used as an antibiotic and the quantities in the vaccines?

The flu vaccines contains traces of neomycin which is a leftover from the production process. A bit like food products can contain traces of nuts.
Good question. From a quick search of my literature, an antibiotic tablet will typically contain 500mg of neomycin sulphate, whereas any of these vaccines will typically contain 25 micrograms of neomycin, so the difference might be relevant. For someone with an allergy to neomycin, I suspect any amount might be sufficient to trigger anaphylaxis, but I really don't know for sure. I will see what I can find out and post back if anything turns up.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:22 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I know someone with that issue and cannot have a lot of vaccines. She had pneumonia a year ago and would really benefit from the flu vaccine however cannot have it. She is past the year mark but is still at a very high risk of a pneumonia reoccurrence.
Originally Posted by Rob12paws
Good question. From a quick search of my literature, an antibiotic tablet will typically contain 500mg of neomycin sulphate, whereas any of these vaccines will typically contain 25 micrograms of neomycin, so the difference might be relevant. For someone with an allergy to neomycin, I suspect any amount might be sufficient to trigger anaphylaxis, but I really don't know for sure. I will see what I can find out and post back if anything turns up.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I will get haemolosis of red blood cells if I'm given sulphate drugs. Touch wood I haven't had anaphylactic reactions to sulphates or legumes yet.

My mother had anaphylasis from a pencillin injection. We believe the doctor mainlined her by mistake and then they covered it up. She then started suffering "panick attacks" after that and was put on tranquillzers for a year. The tranquillizers she was put on have withrawal systoms worse than hard core drugs.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:53 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first ever triple vaccine in 2005 - Tet, Diph and Polio and I reacted quite badly.

At the time, I asked if I could have my typhoid and Hep A that was required for travel and the nurse said I couldnt as 'it was too many jabs to have at one time' - Even the triple I did have made me ill and subsequently after each vaccine I have now (since that triple) makes me ill. My glands swell up, I get diarrhoea and I feel dreadful. Prior to that I never reacted to single vaccines.

So with the nurses advice on not being able to give me everything in one dose due to it 'being too much', what is the reasoning behind giving babies their jabs in one go? Surely they must react to having so many needles in one day.

What is wrong with them spreading the jabs out? My mates doctor told her it saves time and saves bringing the baby back for more jabs - I guess saving time is saving money.

But surely the risk of spacing the jabs out is only slight and better than giving them all their needles at once. (the ones that they are due)
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:09 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

So the genetics create the susceptibility - what then is the trigger?
The research points to changes in frontal lobe development (which is required for motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behaviour). These are some of the things ie. behaviour, impulse control, social behaviour, etc., which are upset in a person who falls into the ASD Spectrum. As such there is nothing which suggests vaccines cause triggers. Unfortunately, a child on the spectrum only starts displaying autistic traits around the time the MMR is administered. It is very difficult to diagnose a child with autism before the age of 12 months unless they have very severe symptoms.

Maybe one day when the whole story of autism has been unraveled there will be genetic tests which can determine who and to what degree of severity of autism the person has. Autism has been with us for a long time. It's not something that is new to our generation. Yes, the rate of diagnosis of 1:60 is high but that's because we now have a greater understanding of what autism is about and how to diagnose. How many surgeons have you met who have terrible bedside manner but are very skilled in the operating theatre?-there are a few who have chosen this line of work as they are bright people but lack the social skills.

Out of curiosity, why are you so interested by this plight? Have you got a child who is autistic?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:56 am

Does there have to be a trigger?
So the genetics create the susceptibility - what then is the trigger?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
The research points to changes in frontal lobe development (which is required for motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behaviour). These are some of the things ie. behaviour, impulse control, social behaviour, etc., which are upset in a person who falls into the ASD Spectrum. As such there is nothing which suggests vaccines cause triggers. Unfortunately, a child on the spectrum only starts displaying autistic traits around the time the MMR is administered. It is very difficult to diagnose a child with autism before the age of 12 months unless they have very severe symptoms.
I read a few weeks ago that they are considering changing the age at which the MMR is administered to six months. If this goes ahead, it will be interesting to see what happens to the autism diagnosis rates. Certainly it might shed light on the autism/MMR link.

Maybe one day when the whole story of autism has been unraveled there will be genetic tests which can determine who and to what degree of severity of autism the person has. Autism has been with us for a long time. It's not something that is new to our generation. Yes, the rate of diagnosis of 1:60 is high but that's because we now have a greater understanding of what autism is about and how to diagnose. How many surgeons have you met who have terrible bedside manner but are very skilled in the operating theatre?-there are a few who have chosen this line of work as they are bright people but lack the social skills.
I hear you, but I still feel that the incidence is much, much higher than you could account for just with "better diagnosis". And I am certain in my own mind that vaccines are implicated in some of these cases. Maybe not all, but some. I don't just feel it is MMR either - I think many children are "primed" by the earlier ones, especially the pertussis. But I think it is a lot more than that. I believe it will be a while yet before the role of other environmental toxins becomes clear, but when it does, I think there may be a lot of answers.

Out of curiosity, why are you so interested by this plight? Have you got a child who is autistic?
No, I haven't. I have several friends with children who have varying degrees of autism, and I am concerned about the high numbers of children affected. I have been researching vaccines in general for about thirteen years now, and have only recently started reading more about autism specifically. I still know very little.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IvanM
Does there have to be a trigger?
I don't know - I know very little about the field of epigenetics, and it's a complex issue to get a brain around! There seems to be a gene for every ill these days, doesn't there? But I would have thought there would have to be a trigger...possibly not.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:26 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

I read a few weeks ago that they are considering changing the age at which the MMR is administered to six months. If this goes ahead, it will be interesting to see what happens to the autism diagnosis rates. Certainly it might shed light on the autism/MMR link.
I would be interested as well once the relevant stats is out.

No, I haven't. I have several friends with children who have varying degrees of autism, and I am concerned about the high numbers of children affected. I have been researching vaccines in general for about thirteen years now, and have only recently started reading more about autism specifically. I still know very little.
Those of us with autistic family members are still waiting to get more information. The scary thing is there are others who are more severe than our child who are undiagnosed (http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510210) and I've seen evidence of it here in Melbourne.

In America, especially the Silicon Valley, where the rate of autism has soared over the past 10 years, some Scientists think it might be also linked to environmental factors.

It's very much a 'watch and see' game....which doesn't really help us but at least world governments are taking it more seriously as they need to plan for health, social, and education facilities, etc. for our emerging generation of increased autistic people.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:12 am
Just Joined

c_vaseer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

People have asked about triggers...from my experience and research over the past 5 years I know the following can be triggers - one, all combined - it depends..antibiotic usage, environmental toxins, heavy metals, food allergy and intolerance and vaccination. It is an issue of load..how much can the child take?...at what point do they tip??

My child reacted at the 2 month stage - which is the triple antigen. We then gave her the repeats at 4 and 6 months. By that time we had come across an osteopath and chiro who suggested she was reacting to her vaccines. So we never gave her MMR which was due at 12 months. So MMR never came into the equation for us.

My child has been seeing a biomedical dr for the last 2 years and a half years - and we have seen wonderful improvement with a special diet, supplement and nutrient intake on a daily basis. She has had hair tests that have revealed heavy metal toxicity also. Many of these kids are zinc deficient and have high copper levels. Many also have faecal impaction. The theory behind autism with these dr's is that the problems start in the gut...and then goes to the brain due to gut problems caused by some of the triggers I listed in the first paragraph.

Regards

Christine Vaseer
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:12 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

My own theory on one of the possible triggers is synthetic oxytocin use during labour. (The synto drip they give pregnant women in labour to help them contract). This stops the woman creating her own oxytocin (the love hormone) and passing it onto her unborn child.

Similarly a child will not receive this hormone in utero if they are delivered via caesarean section without the mother labouring first.

Some studies have shown children on the autistic spectrum can benefit from oxytocin therapy. I wonder if not getting it from their mum during birth affects their own abilities to produce and control their own hormone levels as they grow? Michel Odent MD has done some fascinating research with regards to this but, like everything, more needs to be done.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:43 am
Just Joined

c_vaseer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also heard this.

Last edited by c_vaseer; Jun 22nd 2009 at 7:44 am. Reason: error
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mika24me
My own theory on one of the possible triggers is synthetic oxytocin use during labour. (The synto drip they give pregnant women in labour to help them contract). This stops the woman creating her own oxytocin (the love hormone) and passing it onto her unborn child.

Similarly a child will not receive this hormone in utero if they are delivered via caesarean section without the mother labouring first.

Some studies have shown children on the autistic spectrum can benefit from oxytocin therapy. I wonder if not getting it from their mum during birth affects their own abilities to produce and control their own hormone levels as they grow? Michel Odent MD has done some fascinating research with regards to this but, like everything, more needs to be done.
Very interesting theory.

Both my boys were born c-section. First one was at 36weeks due to him having tachycardia. I did try natural labour the second time even though I'd been told by a few gyneas to have a c-section. I only managed to get to 3cm after 10 hours of hard labour I guess the pethidene, gas & air, and epidurals didn't help. Lucky for me they couldn't give me oxytocin as I'd had a prior c-section and it is too risky as the uterus could rupture. I'm lucky I survived the general anethesia I guess my will to live was strong enough to pull me through.

Took 10 days for my milk to come in (there is a medical term for it) My son would only sleep on my chest and he wouldn't sleep on his back. I didn't get much sleep as the sleep apnea was pretty bad for the first 2 weeks.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:17 am

Maybe it is the number of IT workers breeding in silicon valley. I have read lots that kids with an ASD are more likely to have a parent in IT or engineering.

It is very sad seeing what can happen to kids that are not getting the right therapy and whose parents do not know how to handle their behaviour.
Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I would be interested as well once the relevant stats is out.

Those of us with autistic family members are still waiting to get more information. The scary thing is there are others who are more severe than our child who are undiagnosed (http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510210) and I've seen evidence of it here in Melbourne.

In America, especially the Silicon Valley, where the rate of autism has soared over the past 10 years, some Scientists think it might be also linked to environmental factors.

It's very much a 'watch and see' game....which doesn't really help us but at least world governments are taking it more seriously as they need to plan for health, social, and education facilities, etc. for our emerging generation of increased autistic people.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:39 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

What do you lot with first-hand experience of autistic/asperger kids think of Jenny McCarthy and her book 'Mother Warriors'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.