Vaccines and autism

Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccines and autism

Originally Posted by IvanM
If the vaccine was unproven to reduce cervical cancer rates then it would not have been released. Please source that rather outstanding claim.
You obviously haven't done enough reading. AOL is one of the better search engines. Open you eyes and use your heart, listen to your instincts. Trust in yourself.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mika24me
the vaccine is not a cure for cervical cancer. This is public perception but the makers have never claimed this. It immunises girls against a virus that causes most cases of cervical cancer.
I would say it is actually giving it to them. Have you read up about HeLa cells.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

But I thought "they" were covering it all up.
This link is so that people can see that the CDC is not to be trusted.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trekrider

Much like how GPs are paid a bonus if they vaccinate a certain percentage of their patients - how can they be trusted to give an unbiased view?
The bonus really isnt worth the hassle. It used to be (in the last couple of years) less than £2K total.

I heard today on another board I frequent that some schools are closing down. Schools for the deaf. There aren't enough kids with hearing deficits to keep the schools going. Rubella vaccine programs are the cause.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

If the vaccine was unproven to reduce cervical cancer rates then it would not have been released. Please source that rather outstanding claim.
With all due respect, the vaccine has only been in existence for about five or six years, so it is far too early to see if it is having a long term effect on cervical cancer rates. The majority of the vaccinees so far have been early teenagers, and you would not expect to see cervical cancer in an eighteen year old, so it will be a while before the epidemiologists can conclude anything.

The two strains of HPV included in this vaccine are known to be oncogenic, but at least another ten strains have been identified which are also oncogenic, so it is extremely possible that these may start causing trouble in the vacuum that the HPV vaccine leaves. A bit like the problem with cases of meningitis caused by pneumococcal infection which have risen since the HiB vaccine became widespread.

Time will tell on the HPV - but I know I wouldn't have it, nor would I give it to my 12yo.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
The bonus really isnt worth the hassle. It used to be (in the last couple of years) less than £2K total.

I heard today on another board I frequent that some schools are closing down. Schools for the deaf. There aren't enough kids with hearing deficits to keep the schools going. Rubella vaccine programs are the cause.
And deafness has other causes than rubella. It can also result from repeated ear infections which are common in some children after receipt of the DPT vaccine...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

beatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Luma
Who discredited him. Let me guess big pharma.
No he himself withdrew his findings along with his research colleagues. I believe his was the only study that linked MMR to Autism
No one knows what causes Autism, at the moment general research names; genetic factors; age of parents; effect of environmental toxins on brain development in the womb; and growing use of IVF as contenders.

As someone who works with chidlren with disabilities and have a young child, I looked into this and sort opinions from people that worked in the field.

I felt I had a personal responsibility to immunise my child.

Perhaps we need to also be looking at what is in common household bug killers and plastics. Interestingly many chemicals sold in Australia are banned in Europe (source: www.choice.com.au)
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I had a glance at the link. A lot of these kind of data are based on self-reporting.

An interesting example of self-reporting...well, in my eyes

I work in a hospital. When taking a history from patients, we have to (and want to!) find out about about any medication allergies or serious side affects, and any allergies generally. This week I had someone who was reporting an allergy to cucumber. They hadn't eaten a cucumber for 15 years because the last time they did, it gave them indigestion.

Some people will report anything. This person was strongly believed that this was clearly an allergy to cucumber. Just the same way that someone who developed a cold or a runny nose or a headache a day after a vaccination might do.

Don't get me wrong. Self-reporting of vaccine-associated incidents is very, very important.

For the record, I definitely WOULD give my children (if I had them) vaccinations, including the cervical cancer vaccines. I'd prefer to give Gardacil over Ceravax as it covers more strands of the virus. I still dont understand why males are vaccinated and females are not. I suspect that it will eventually be licensed for males as well.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beatle
No he himself withdrew his findings along with his research colleagues. I believe his was the only study that linked MMR to Autism
No one knows what causes Autism, at the moment general research names; genetic factors; age of parents; effect of environmental toxins on brain development in the womb; and growing use of IVF as contenders.

As someone who works with chidlren with disabilities and have a young child, I looked into this and sort opinions from people that worked in the field.

I felt I had a personal responsibility to immunise my child.

Perhaps we need to also be looking at what is in common household bug killers and plastics. Interestingly many chemicals sold in Australia are banned in Europe (source: www.choice.com.au)
Nobody is supposed to eat legumes or come in contact with any parabens.

So maybe the global recession is here for a good reason. Hopefully the natural disasters will destroy Monstanto's soy and canola crops and every other big food companies GM crops around the world.

With regards to the parabens - well those are everywhere. I guess we'll have to go live in the bush.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by deblaw
There has never been a study that has conclusively proven a link between the MMR and Autism.

Prof Wakefield's study was too small and no other funded study has been completely impartial. I think the only things that Prof Wakefield's study showed was the need for further studies into the effects of mass immunisation, especially considering the 5 in 1 vaccine that is being introduced, and the need for increased funding toward Autism diagnosis and treatments. Unfortunately Atism diagnosis tends to occur around the age of 18-36 months when children are expected to become much more social and active, exactly when the MMR is scheduled. Although I don't doubt that there is some kind of trigger, but I do think that the greater amount of children who have the MMR and not Autism compared the ones that have it and are diagnosed Autistic speak for themselves.
Prof study was as good as my policy that having a TV in the house causes autisim. Note I say TV. Not watching it. Or even having it in a room switched on or off. Just somewhere in the house.

I have to get ready for work - I'll try to hunt out some of my old posts later, where I explained that the Wakefield "work" was used as a teaching resource in my first semester studying to be a Dr. We taught "How To Read A Paper" (this is also the name of a book) .We had to "critically analyse" the Lancet paper.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hopefully the natural disasters will destroy Monstanto's soy and canola crops and every other big food companies GM crops around the world.
Food GM has been around for centuries if not millenia.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I also find it worrying sign of the times that people take the word of poor lazy journalism over research that is peer reviewed.

Peer review only came about BECAUSE of the Wakefield paper. There wasn't much robust peer reviewing of medical doctors prior to that....UK doctors had never been trained in how to do this.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Food GM has been around for centuries if not millenia.
And look at us now. 50% of men are getting cancer. Glad you like to eat GM. Go ahead.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Quack quack quack.

Now I know why they call them quack because that is what they are.

www.doctorsaredangerous.com
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And look at us now. 50% of men are getting cancer. Glad you like to eat GM. Go ahead.
I suspect that has to do with the cancer detection rates.

I'm curious to know what foods you eat. Not one of them will not have been genetically modified. I guarantee it. I wonder if you understand the term genetically modified. How do you think that this has been happening for millenia? Hint....and for the record, I first came across this through my mother's flower-growing uncle. He bred THE most beautiful daffodils. Multicoloured. In the 1960s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.