Unexpected kindness

Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unexpected kindness

i love a thread that makes you smile

you must have been nice to someone pal

people dont leave you secret gifts if your a prick!

the gift says more about you

thanks for making me smile

oh can you lend me a chop till tuesday?
Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Unexpected kindness

Originally Posted by eddie007
Actually, I think you'll find that it just did put food on your table.....
Hahah, good call.

Originally Posted by soapy©
i love a thread that makes you smile

you must have been nice to someone pal

people dont leave you secret gifts if your a prick!

the gift says more about you

thanks for making me smile
Cheers mate.

oh can you lend me a chop till tuesday?
Actually I'd prefer you didn't give it back after you've used it...
Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Hahah, good call.

Cheers mate.

Actually I'd prefer you didn't give it back after you've used it...

you can have the bone

just sitting here thinking about this thread. it must be a nice feeling to have people thinking about ya

at christmas a posted on facebook that someone had broken in, took everything and left my windows open.
friends of ours didnt read the whole post
the post was a joke about an advent calendar

they just read the first part then started texting people to try and get a whip round for us

it was funny, but really nice to think that people really care about you.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 2:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

It's always nice when someone says, 'I care.' But nothing beats the feeling you get when they simply show it.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 3:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

It's always nice when someone says, 'I care.' But nothing beats the feeling you get when they simply show it.
It is.

Our first years in the US were very unsettling and without the help of wonderful people we met there would have been many times with no food on the table, or even a table!

Fast forward 23 years and life is a lot easier so we make sure we return the favors any way we can.

It does a heart good to know there are people out there that care
Old Mar 24th 2012, 5:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

We've occasionally struggled to make ends meet over the past 6 months, so I was grateful for what happened earlier this evening.

Somewhere between 8-9pm, I heard a knocking at the door. This was odd because we weren't expecting anyone.

I walked down the hall and approached the door cautiously in case of unexpected dodginess. (I didn't expect any dodginess, but I did expect unexpected dodginess. Unexpectedly, there was no dodginess. This took me by surprise).

I opened the door and looked around, but the mystery door-knocker had done a Harold Holt. There were three plastic Woolworths bags sitting by the doorstep. They were all full of groceries. One contained three kilos of good quality meat.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5oi143.jpg

Rummaging through the contents I found a note. It began with a quote from the Bible and ended with four kisses and four hugs. There was no signature.

The donation was obviously made by a member (or members) of our local church community, but we have no idea who it might have been. Of course we asked all the right questions:

Mrs Stampede: 'Who do we know that's rich?'
Me: 'Sweets, compared to us, Blind Bob under the bridge is rich.' http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5344/mfbookread.gif
Mrs Stampede: 'OK, who knows we're hard up?' http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3019/unsureb.gif
Me: 'Anyone with a brain?' http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5928/readeb.gif

Humour aside, it's a wonderfully generous gift. We're counting our blessings tonight.

PS. It was Pup's 3rd birthday today (party tomorrow; photos to follow).

Great stuff - you are good people Vash.

You certainly get out of life what you put into it.

Last edited by Amazulu; Mar 24th 2012 at 5:53 am.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 10:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©

you can have the bone

just sitting here thinking about this thread. it must be a nice feeling to have people thinking about ya

at christmas a posted on facebook that someone had broken in, took everything and left my windows open.
friends of ours didnt read the whole post
the post was a joke about an advent calendar

they just read the first part then started texting people to try and get a whip round for us

it was funny, but really nice to think that people really care about you.
I remember switching my phone off
Old Mar 24th 2012, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

That's a nice post and a great story.

Back in the 'olden days' before toll passes, occasionally we'd pay for the car behind. The look on their faces was priceless, they'd overtake and toot and wave.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 12:12 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Unexpected kindness

Thanks guys.

As promised, here follow some photos of Pup's party.

The cake was made by Mrs Stampede:

Old Mar 24th 2012, 12:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Pup receives a present and amuses herself with the gift bag it came in:

Old Mar 24th 2012, 12:16 pm
Fighting my corner

Pup samples her birthday cake:

Old Mar 24th 2012, 12:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Wibbly Pig enjoyed it too!

Old Mar 24th 2012, 12:55 pm
Master of verbal pish©

great photos, thanks for sharing
Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:16 pm
Fighting my corner

My pleasure.

Old Mar 24th 2012, 2:16 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

That was an awesome cake Vash. You must be very proud of Mrs Vash's skills

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.