Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ultrasonic Mouse plug ins

Ultrasonic Mouse plug ins

Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:28 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ultrasonic Mouse plug ins

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
PP are you sending them all to us in Vic now? I've never seen one here in 4 yrs til literally just now when one scurried out from under a pile of boxes in the garage. Bit spooky after just reading this thread... Not scared of them particularly, but it startled me! (note to self; Get hubs to tidy up the garage pronto)
No mice caught today thank god but Gordon is still keeping vigil by the oven.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 1:19 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
No mice caught today thank god but Gordon is still keeping vigil by the oven.
You roast his mice for him?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 1:25 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I second the peanut butter, works a treat
Old Apr 9th 2011, 1:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Another mouse caught today, thrashing around in the trap, didn't get one for two days, bastards - kill them all!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I feel the same way about rabbits. Little blighters have dug yet more holes in my garden- it is starting to look like the trenches in WW1.
Can't put poison or traps down as I have bandicoots- their holes are different to the rabbit holes, and they don't eat all my newly planted flowers.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

QLDJo will become famous soon enough

I have stacks of mice, one morning there was 4 in the neck breaker! peanut butter and milo works a treat. I don't want to poison them as have other pets, but these mice are terrible! they run everywhere, in the bedrooms and we don't have food in there at all. the only bonus is after payin $10 per frozen rat to feed to my Olive and childrens python I now give them freshly killed mice, they love it!!
Also re chickens - during the day chickens will kill them, they are great at killing mice (just a shame they go to bed and comatose them selves at night as that'll be when the mice get in there for a feed)
As it's turning cold out side I must be culling about 8 easy a day, it's not going to suddenly stop unfortunately.
but poison isnt' a good option, apart from the wild life/pets when they do crawl off in search of water you'll be lucky if you find them as you'll be able to bin them but if they die in the walls ect they will stink!!!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

We have a bit of a problem too. Humane traps are ok but you have to drive miles away or they make their way back.......homing mice apparently. We use neck breakers now - the wooden ones only (we tried the plastic ones but they have a tendency to fall apart and the little so and sos can wriggle out of them).

They seem to have stopped a bit but as it's getting colder we are expecting an increase again. Ducted heating pipes don't help - they like nesting in the pipes..............
Old Apr 10th 2011, 5:45 am

We found a baby mouse in the neck breaker this morning dead. Mr PP has had enough and I am ashamed to say that I saw him lob the dead mouse over our fence this morning in temper. I sincerely hope noone was walking on that grass verge as he did so.

Neck breaker still doing good, I suspect they are getting in from the air vents at the bottom of the brickwork from outside so we are going to check for holes and plug them up.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Humane traps are ok but you have to drive miles away or they make their way back.......homing mice apparently. ........

Errrr - or you could just dunk the whole trap in a bucket of water and therefore drown the mouse?

We've a complete plague, got woken up in the middle of Friday night to one on the bedside table!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

PP are you sending them all to us in Vic now? I've never seen one here in 4 yrs til literally just now when one scurried out from under a pile of boxes in the garage. Bit spooky after just reading this thread... Not scared of them particularly, but it startled me! (note to self; Get hubs to tidy up the garage pronto)
Well getting hubs to tidy up garage kinda backfired... He put the offending stuff in the boot to take to the tip and only when he got back and opened the boot did we see the bloody mouse had been hiding in the junk in the car, it obviously jumped out when he dumped the rubbish and then ran down under the back seat!!
We left the boot open overnight hoping he would just come out of his own accord but when we got into the car on Sunday it was stinking so he had obviously died in there.
We were practically ripping apart the car to find it to no avail. We had to go to a party later that day and fortunately friends there had a King charles Cavalier and he sniffed it out and we managed to extract it with a coathanger.. Anyway at least it provided great amusement for all the people at the party cheering on the dog! first time he has done anything useful apparently....
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Well getting hubs to tidy up garage kinda backfired... He put the offending stuff in the boot to take to the tip and only when he got back and opened the boot did we see the bloody mouse had been hiding in the junk in the car, it obviously jumped out when he dumped the rubbish and then ran down under the back seat!!
We left the boot open overnight hoping he would just come out of his own accord but when we got into the car on Sunday it was stinking so he had obviously died in there.
We were practically ripping apart the car to find it to no avail. We had to go to a party later that day and fortunately friends there had a King charles Cavalier and he sniffed it out and we managed to extract it with a coathanger.. Anyway at least it provided great amusement for all the people at the party cheering on the dog! first time he has done anything useful apparently....
I did have a soft-spot for mice and rats, (they are very cute) until it cost me a hour's labour to get my aircon fixed. They little rascals had chewed through the water drain pipe - no wonder my pantry was getting wet. I thought it was the roof leaking at first, until I noticed the floor was wet and it hadn't been raining. d'oh.