UK summer?

Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice
Default UK summer?

I was driving earlier on today and the local radio presenters were talking about the long range summer forecast. Apparently we are in for another wet cool summer

Has any one else heard this?

Hope its not true.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK summer?

Originally Posted by flodsfive
I was driving earlier on today and the local radio presenters were talking about the long range summer forecast. Apparently we are in for another wet cool summer

Has any one else heard this?

Hope its not true.
nope, i heard it was going to be hot hot hot
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

The coming summer is expected to be a 'typical British summer', according to long-range forecasts issued today. Summer temperatures across the UK are more likely to be warmer than average and rainfall near or above average for the three months of summer.

However, the risk of exceptional rainfall on the same scale as the summer of last year remains a very low probability
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:11 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rocket01
The coming summer is expected to be a 'typical British summer', according to long-range forecasts issued today. Summer temperatures across the UK are more likely to be warmer than average and rainfall near or above average for the three months of summer.

However, the risk of exceptional rainfall on the same scale as the summer of last year remains a very low probability
but they are not ruling it out.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Well to be quite frank who cares less hopefully every single person on here will be either in or about to move to Oz anyway, even if it is totally pants it'll be our last one if we dont' get our visa and move out before summer 09 there is something wrong. Forgive me for being totally honest but i for one amhoping not to have another summer, but if i do it'll be my last anyway
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Well I am feeling slightly better now having seen the replys and looking at the beeb website looks like it will a warm one but still wet.

It will be our last so would be good to get a few farewell barbies in, not to mention a very unhealthly golden glow before going into summer of a warmer kind.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:30 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vickys
Well to be quite frank who cares less hopefully every single person on here will be either in or about to move to Oz anyway, even if it is totally pants it'll be our last one if we dont' get our visa and move out before summer 09 there is something wrong. Forgive me for being totally honest but i for one amhoping not to have another summer, but if i do it'll be my last anyway
Thats was the way i was thinking last year when we had a crap summer (at least its my last in the UK),, come this summer we will be in OZ,,, YIPEEEEEEEE
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy24 will become famous soon enough

mmmm British summer - chricky whats a summer in the UK

Whatever it is I doubt we will have hot hot hot that just doesn't really happen over here
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Sorry to say guys but the only time we get sun over here is for a couple of days when i go on holiday - unfortunately i'm not going anywhere until my visa comes through. Although having said that, i too would like a few barbies and a little colour before i go to oz to be honest. Fingers crossed i don't still look like a milk bottle when the time comes to leave the UK for good
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:51 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

The long range forecast really made me laugh

It might be a wetter and hotter summer than average but then again it might not

Last edited by Kapri; Apr 6th 2008 at 7:51 pm. Reason: typo
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kapri
The long range forecast really made me laugh

It might be a wetter and hotter summer than average but then again it might not
I think (under the influence of red wine obviuusly) what they are trying to say is that the met office dont' have a clue as per usual. It might be this or that but we'll just have to wait and see. Long range my backside, that's their get out clause in my opinion.

How on earth could anyone define anythign that hapens in the UK as 'typical' let alone the summer weather
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickys
I think (under the influence of red wine obviuusly) what they are trying to say is that the met office dont' have a clue as per usual. It might be this or that but we'll just have to wait and see. Long range my backside, that's their get out clause in my opinion.

How on earth could anyone define anythign that hapens in the UK as 'typical' let alone the summer weather
The summer was not too brilliant in much of Australia this year.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
lots of rain so i hear

the climate has changed the world over with no two days the same here, lots of rain infact the usa has more rain than the uk..fact
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:41 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Define brilliant .?Adelaide had its hottest dryest summer on record the east coast its wettest,,,,,Australia is a huge country with extreme climatic differences.................mm
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Define brilliant .?Adelaide had its hottest dryest summer on record the east coast its wettest,,,,,Australia is a huge country with extreme climatic differences.................mm
Fishing wise.....last summer was brilliant in the UK

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.