Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK House Selling Poll - How to set up

UK House Selling Poll - How to set up

Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default UK House Selling Poll - How to set up

Hi all

Sorry to be a bit depressing but can anyone set up or tell me how to do a poll on how many people on here who are waiting to go, need to sell thier home before they can, so as to clear debts, fund move etc.

I am certainly one of them and at the moment it is very very gloomy here in that respect.

All that time of getting things ready and then all pulled from under your feet

Thanks

Mick
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:54 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK House Selling Poll - How to set up

Just click on "New Thread", scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Poll".
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wol
Just click on "New Thread", scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Poll".
Thanks Wol
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:15 am
Banned

Metrosapian will become famous soon enoughMetrosapian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi all

Sorry to be a bit depressing but can anyone set up or tell me how to do a poll on how many people on here who are waiting to go, need to sell thier home before they can, so as to clear debts, fund move etc.

I am certainly one of them and at the moment it is very very gloomy here in that respect.

Thanks

Mick
We were in that position a few years ago. We ended up selling our house 6 months after we arrived in Australia, it was a lot easier than you would imagine but the stress it caused our finances was hard.
Good luck with it anyway.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:41 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Metrosapian
We were in that position a few years ago. We ended up selling our house 6 months after we arrived in Australia, it was a lot easier than you would imagine but the stress it caused our finances was hard.
Good luck with it anyway.
same as you... but the Monster in Law eventually sold it for us, 6 months after we left, and she gave the buyers a 50k discount.. bless the festering fat bitch
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:13 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
same as you... but the Monster in Law eventually sold it for us, 6 months after we left, and she gave the buyers a 50k discount.. bless the festering fat bitch
ROTFLMAO
Beth x x
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Hi all

Thanks

Mick
We are in the same boat Mick!

I've even gone off viewing BE 'cos I just turn into a little green eyed monster!! (only joking - honest!)

We've had visa's since June. Our buyers couldn't get a buyer and now we are putting the house back up in Jan 20k less than it went up for originally.... We've to accept our visa's by April so we are really cutting it fine. Otherwise it'll cost us nearly 7kto just go out to have our passports stamped.... we need that 7k...

People keep saying.... rent it out.... but we need to clear our debts and there's no way we could keep up a uk mortgage once we are earning ozzy $

best of luck,

Shelley
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sheli0508
We are in the same boat Mick!

I've even gone off viewing BE 'cos I just turn into a little green eyed monster!! (only joking - honest!)

We've had visa's since June. Our buyers couldn't get a buyer and now we are putting the house back up in Jan 20k less than it went up for originally.... We've to accept our visa's by April so we are really cutting it fine. Otherwise it'll cost us nearly 7kto just go out to have our passports stamped.... we need that 7k...

People keep saying.... rent it out.... but we need to clear our debts and there's no way we could keep up a uk mortgage once we are earning ozzy $

best of luck,

Shelley
Shelley

Had our visas since June last year, validated in Jan and have spent the last two years finishing extension / renovating our house from 3 bed to 5 with intension of clearing monies borrowed when sold. Now having to do 6 days a
week to keep on top of things and pay a bit off. Not good

But hey you never know what will happen, its just that the longer you have the visa the more the moment sort of slips by.

I might do the poll to see how many are just on this sight but I guess a few. There will probably be a lack of people going in the end if they cant get the money together.

Good Luck

Mick
Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Shelley

Had our visas since June last year, validated in Jan and have spent the last two years finishing extension / renovating our house from 3 bed to 5 with intension of clearing monies borrowed when sold. Now having to do 6 days a
week to keep on top of things and pay a bit off. Not good

But hey you never know what will happen, its just that the longer you have the visa the more the moment sort of slips by.

I might do the poll to see how many are just on this sight but I guess a few. There will probably be a lack of people going in the end if they cant get the money together.

Good Luck

Mick

Don't say that Mick... that would be hell... Don't get me wrong we have a reasonable life her but we stupidly banked on getting a quick sale and have had a really good year of doing everything for the last time, if u know what I mean. Now we are brasica and need to get moving to clear the debt.... lets hope 2008 brings some good news...
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

we are waiting to sell

sooooooooo depressed.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

dave wood will become famous soon enough

we are in same boat,got visas in may
validated last month.house on market beginning of august to beat hips pack but no interest whatsoever.the market is dead here.Wife is talking about splitting family to send me and middle son over to set up in a rental and get fixed up with work while she stays and sells house.This would be o k but with the market being so slow it might be years before it picks up.And seeing some of the house prices in Perth you can,t afford to sell cheap.

Everything thats in us favour is stacked against us!

just hope things pick up after Christmas.
good luck to all the house sellers
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

More people have aggro selling their UK houses than anything else. Most if not all get out here eventually. I can't think of anyone who didn't come because of the UK house.

It's not ideal but if you're running out of time for validating it could be worth either adding a validation trip cost to your mortgage or remortgaging and getting a better deal for the time it takes to sell. We remortgaged on the understanding that we didn't incur charges for ending the mortgage early. We got a really reasonable deal which lessened the pressure of selling. We then, of course, sold the house relatively quickly. Sods law
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Did you manage to do the poll?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
she can't be as bad as my festering fat bitch of a MIL she came to Perth, we are now leaving
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

lochaberlass will become famous soon enoughlochaberlass will become famous soon enough

We got visa end of Aug, put house on market immediately but apart from a few viewers no offers at all. To be fair if I were buying I would prob wait and see what happens to house prices. We will prob drop price soon. OH is insisting we go in March, i would wait longer to try and sell, but he said we will just put it interest only and it won't cost too much.
I find it stressful, but he is soooo laid back doesn't seem to bother him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.