British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   UK House Selling Poll - How to set up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/uk-house-selling-poll-how-set-up-497068/)

mickagnew Nov 30th 2007 7:54 am

UK House Selling Poll - How to set up

Hi all

Sorry to be a bit depressing but can anyone set up or tell me how to do a poll on how many people on here who are waiting to go, need to sell thier home before they can, so as to clear debts, fund move etc.

I am certainly one of them and at the moment it is very very gloomy here in that respect.

All that time of getting things ready and then all pulled from under your feet:(

Thanks

Mick

Wol Nov 30th 2007 9:54 am

Re: UK House Selling Poll - How to set up

Just click on "New Thread", scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Poll".

mickagnew Nov 30th 2007 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 5617279)
Just click on "New Thread", scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Poll".

Thanks Wol

Metrosapian Nov 30th 2007 10:15 am

Originally Posted by mickagnew (Post 5616960)
Hi all

Sorry to be a bit depressing but can anyone set up or tell me how to do a poll on how many people on here who are waiting to go, need to sell thier home before they can, so as to clear debts, fund move etc.

I am certainly one of them and at the moment it is very very gloomy here in that respect.

All that time of getting things ready and then all pulled from under your feet:(

Thanks

Mick

We were in that position a few years ago. We ended up selling our house 6 months after we arrived in Australia, it was a lot easier than you would imagine but the stress it caused our finances was hard.
Good luck with it anyway.

Timber Floor Au Nov 30th 2007 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Metrosapian (Post 5617321)
We were in that position a few years ago. We ended up selling our house 6 months after we arrived in Australia, it was a lot easier than you would imagine but the stress it caused our finances was hard.
Good luck with it anyway.

same as you... but the Monster in Law eventually sold it for us, 6 months after we left, and she gave the buyers a 50k discount.. bless the festering fat bitch :)

BethandAndrew Nov 30th 2007 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5617501)
same as you... but the Monster in Law eventually sold it for us, 6 months after we left, and she gave the buyers a 50k discount.. bless the festering fat bitch :)

ROTFLMAO :rofl:
Beth x x :wub:

sheli0508 Nov 30th 2007 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by mickagnew (Post 5616960)
Hi all

Thanks

Mick

We are in the same boat Mick!

I've even gone off viewing BE 'cos I just turn into a little green eyed monster!! (only joking - honest!)

We've had visa's since June. Our buyers couldn't get a buyer and now we are putting the house back up in Jan 20k less than it went up for originally.... We've to accept our visa's by April so we are really cutting it fine. Otherwise it'll cost us nearly 7kto just go out to have our passports stamped.... we need that 7k...

People keep saying.... rent it out.... but we need to clear our debts and there's no way we could keep up a uk mortgage once we are earning ozzy $

best of luck,

Shelley

mickagnew Nov 30th 2007 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by sheli0508 (Post 5617733)
We are in the same boat Mick!

I've even gone off viewing BE 'cos I just turn into a little green eyed monster!! (only joking - honest!)

We've had visa's since June. Our buyers couldn't get a buyer and now we are putting the house back up in Jan 20k less than it went up for originally.... We've to accept our visa's by April so we are really cutting it fine. Otherwise it'll cost us nearly 7kto just go out to have our passports stamped.... we need that 7k...

People keep saying.... rent it out.... but we need to clear our debts and there's no way we could keep up a uk mortgage once we are earning ozzy $

best of luck,

Shelley

Shelley

Had our visas since June last year, validated in Jan and have spent the last two years finishing extension / renovating our house from 3 bed to 5 with intension of clearing monies borrowed when sold. Now having to do 6 days a
week to keep on top of things and pay a bit off. Not good

But hey you never know what will happen, its just that the longer you have the visa the more the moment sort of slips by.

I might do the poll to see how many are just on this sight but I guess a few. There will probably be a lack of people going in the end if they cant get the money together.

Good Luck

Mick:)

sheli0508 Nov 30th 2007 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mickagnew (Post 5617748)
Shelley

Had our visas since June last year, validated in Jan and have spent the last two years finishing extension / renovating our house from 3 bed to 5 with intension of clearing monies borrowed when sold. Now having to do 6 days a
week to keep on top of things and pay a bit off. Not good

But hey you never know what will happen, its just that the longer you have the visa the more the moment sort of slips by.

I might do the poll to see how many are just on this sight but I guess a few. There will probably be a lack of people going in the end if they cant get the money together.

Good Luck

Mick:)

Don't say that Mick... that would be hell... Don't get me wrong we have a reasonable life her but we stupidly banked on getting a quick sale and have had a really good year of doing everything for the last time, if u know what I mean. Now we are brasica and need to get moving to clear the debt.... lets hope 2008 brings some good news...

nicknic Nov 30th 2007 3:23 pm

we are waiting to sell

sooooooooo depressed.

dave wood Dec 2nd 2007 9:01 pm

we are in same boat,got visas in may
validated last month.house on market beginning of august to beat hips pack but no interest whatsoever.the market is dead here.Wife is talking about splitting family to send me and middle son over to set up in a rental and get fixed up with work while she stays and sells house.This would be o k but with the market being so slow it might be years before it picks up.And seeing some of the house prices in Perth you can,t afford to sell cheap.

Everything thats in us favour is stacked against us!

just hope things pick up after Christmas.
good luck to all the house sellers:thumbup:

moneypenny20 Dec 2nd 2007 10:45 pm

More people have aggro selling their UK houses than anything else. Most if not all get out here eventually. I can't think of anyone who didn't come because of the UK house.

It's not ideal but if you're running out of time for validating it could be worth either adding a validation trip cost to your mortgage or remortgaging and getting a better deal for the time it takes to sell. We remortgaged on the understanding that we didn't incur charges for ending the mortgage early. We got a really reasonable deal which lessened the pressure of selling. We then, of course, sold the house relatively quickly. Sods law:D

pumpkin blossom Dec 2nd 2007 11:33 pm

Did you manage to do the poll?

Nu-Shooz Dec 2nd 2007 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5617501)

:rofl:she can't be as bad as my festering fat bitch of a MIL:mad: she came to Perth, we are now leaving:D

lochaberlass Dec 3rd 2007 7:51 am

We got visa end of Aug, put house on market immediately but apart from a few viewers no offers at all. To be fair if I were buying I would prob wait and see what happens to house prices. We will prob drop price soon. OH is insisting we go in March, i would wait longer to try and sell, but he said we will just put it interest only and it won't cost too much.
I find it stressful, but he is soooo laid back doesn't seem to bother him.