Wikiposts

Is UK f**ked ?

Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:32 am
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice
Default Re: Is UK f**ked ?

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
I worked in Leicester for 10 years.

Really don't think i'll be returning
Go jump in then! It's still raging
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:36 am
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Tell me this, I'm curious, in oz u can't claim any benefits for the first 2 years, how's it work in the UK?
Personally, I don't know having never claimed them; I think there are a lot of myths that would have us believe that you just walk in and get them. I don't think it's really that easy, but I'm sure somebody will correct me very quickly if I'm wrong on that! The cases that are highlighted in the media are always the worst ones
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:47 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Britain is far from f**ked. It is experiencing a tough time for sure.
As for immigration, it has one of the strictest policies in the world. It doesn't always seem so because of the freedom that all EU residents have. Don't forget that as a Brit you are quite free to go to live and work in any of the EU countries. Problem is we don't speak Polish(or any EU language) as well as the Polish(or any EU citizens) speak English.
Asylum seekers? If Britain can't take in people who are being abused and treated inhumanely, to give them a leg up, then that is a sad day(I talk of genuine asylum seekers)
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

I presume a lot of immigrants to the UK are from 3rd world countries, dont see the point of them emigrating to the same, except for welfare.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by laguna33p
I presume a lot of immigrants to the UK are from 3rd world countries, dont see the point of them emigrating to the same, except for welfare.
But are they? The UK immigration policy is very strict. Try asking any Aussies or Yanks who have tried. They simply don't let people in willy nilly from 3rd world countries.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kporte
Asylum seekers? If Britain can't take in people who are being abused and treated inhumanely, to give them a leg up, then that is a sad day(I talk of genuine asylum seekers)
I couldn't agree with you more on this one. Unfortunately the media coverage is only ever on the non-genuine cases. I doubt that anybody would risk the lives of their families and themselves unless in utter desperation. I was actually wedged alongside a container in a car park just outside Portsmouth a few years back that had 4 illegals in it, and we were unable to move our vehicle. The police arrived mob handed, and we had to witness the whole sorry saga. Sheer hopelessness, and I often wondered about them
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLoo500
Personally, I don't know having never claimed them; I think there are a lot of myths that would have us believe that you just walk in and get them. I don't think it's really that easy, but I'm sure somebody will correct me very quickly if I'm wrong on that! The cases that are highlighted in the media are always the worst ones

Exactly.

I think it probably a load of rubbish that most immigrants to the UK can walk in and claim housing assistance, dole etc. When people make these claims they never quote facts, just daily mail reports.

There was another one of these claims on BE a few days back saying in UK you can claim all sorts of benefits UNLIKE in OZ However if you look at the facts, many migrants to OZ do claim rent assistance etc on arrival, and were not talking third world people, aus coughs up rent assistance to people with hundreds of thou in the bank.

As for third world migrants, they will get everything in OZ as they probably would in the UK, help with skills, housing, clothing, tuition. And the price to qualify? a few years in a refugee war camp.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
And the price to qualify? a few years in a refugee war camp.
...or $15 grand to a people smuggler.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:24 am
Banned

Exactly.

I think it probably a load of rubbish that most immigrants to the UK can walk in and claim housing assistance, dole etc. When people make these claims they never quote facts, just daily mail reports.

There was another one of these claims on BE a few days back saying in UK you can claim all sorts of benefits UNLIKE in OZ However if you look at the facts, many migrants to OZ do claim rent assistance etc on arrival, and were not talking third world people, aus coughs up rent assistance to people with hundreds of thou in the bank.

As for third world migrants, they will get everything in OZ as they probably would in the UK, help with skills, housing, clothing, tuition. And the price to qualify? a few years in a refugee war camp.
I think here in UK we tend to give them their daily needs, i.e. some food and housing of some sort, but I think it's more difficult to get benefits than people would have you believe. Obviously there are always exceptions
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:26 am
Account Closed

I think here in UK we tend to give them their daily needs, i.e. some food and housing of some sort, but I think it's more difficult to get benefits than people would have you believe. Obviously there are always exceptions
No, I am assured they are all greeted with a bottle of malt, a Harrods hamper and a playstation. Only a PS2 though, it is 6 months before they get a PS3.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I am off to UK in a few weeks, I should rock up at social, with my australian passport, several children and prove the BE theory that in a few weeks I will have house, car, dole, fags...

I think everyone knows in reality I would be kicked out on my ass.

However its one of those BE myths that stick like chewing gum on ya shoe
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:42 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Well...is it ?
False prophets have been announcing that "Britain 'as gawn to tha doogs" for hundreds of years.

Vindicated at last.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

Nothing wrong with helping other people, infact we were put on this earth to help others. It's a matter of the uk government screwing the british public from all sides and having a poor quality of living.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am off to UK in a few weeks, I should rock up at social, with my australian passport, several children and prove the BE theory that in a few weeks I will have house, car, dole, fags...

I think everyone knows in reality I would be kicked out on my ass.

However its one of those BE myths that stick like chewing gum on ya shoe
Let us know how you get on.....though even if you post the result, I'm sure there will still be people on here who won't believe it

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 24th 2009 at 11:26 am.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 11:04 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laguna33p
It's a matter of the uk government screwing the british public from all sides and having a poor quality of living.
Then why do so many people want to go there?

What exactly do you mean by "screwing"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.