Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK & Australian Music

UK & Australian Music

Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:33 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK & Australian Music

Originally Posted by kporte
OK
Oh, I see! Me reporting your blatantly unreasonable conduct is childish but there's nothing whatosever immature about you doing it in the first place?!

You may as well just say ''yes, I am a hypocritical moron''.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:36 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willamos
Oh, I see! Me reporting your blatantly unreasonable conduct is childish but there's nothing whatosever immature about you doing it in the first place?!

You may as well just say ''yes, I am a hypocritical moron''.
I have never at any point on this forum claimed to be mature or intelligent. I flatly refute any claims by others that this may be the case.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: UK & Australian Music

Sorry - going to have to report your post because you deliberately misquoted me at the start of it.
Sure, go right ahead.

I didn't write what you claim I wrote.
I didn't claim you wrote it. In fact, I explicitly claimed that I'd "fixed" it.

OK
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kporte again."
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Sure, go right ahead.

I didn't claim you wrote it. In fact, I explicitly claimed that I'd "fixed" it.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kporte again."
When are some of you going to realise that it doesn't actually matter two hoots what the nationality of the band is as long as the music is good?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
When are some of you going to realise that it doesn't actually matter two hoots what the nationality of the band is as long as the music is good?
Even the militant jocks on here like English music
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:12 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

If Australia has produced so much great music then why do they try and claim bands like the Bee Gees and Crowded House as their own?

Cold Chisel consisted of Brits as well as Aussies too. I think the drummer who wrote their best track (when the war is over) is from Liverpool.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Even the militant jocks on here like English music
I'm currently treating the neighbours to a very out-of-tune rendition of Floyd's The Wall, and I wouldn't care if they were aliens for the Planet Zog, the music is stunning
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm currently treating the neighbours to a very out-of-tune rendition of Floyd's The Wall, and I wouldn't care if they were aliens for the Planet Zog, the music is stunning
Britain, and in particular England, has produced some stunning music over the last 40 years.
As for a tip, If you have never listened to Elbow, try them out. Like Crowded House they may take a few listens....
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:18 pm
Banned

Britain, and in particular England, has produced some stunning music over the last 40 years.
Still interested to have ideas proposed as to why the same can't be said for Australia.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Still interested to have ideas proposed as to why the same can't be said for Australia.
I gave my opinion in post 97.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:26 pm
Home and Happy

Has it really??

As for a tip, If you have never listened to Elbow, try them out. Like Crowded House they may take a few listens....
OK, I'll give them a go, always open to something new.....
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:28 pm
Banned

Elbow are good but not one of England's best bands in my view.

The Seldom Seen Kid is a little overrated. One Day Like This has been a big, big hit and used in lots of TV in the UK. As a result of that the album has been elevated above its actual merit, I think.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Actually I think it is a simple as, the UK and the USA has produced such a steady stream of quality over the years that any other country's output seems weak.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

The Wiggles
They have earned seventeen gold, twelve platinum, three double-platinum, and ten multi-platinum awards

Aiming for a more discerning audience !!!!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:32 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't read the thread, sorry if this has already been said. It depends what sort of music you're talking about - some of the most influential acts on the dance scene are Australian. And there are several hip-hop acts in this country who are hugely under-rated. As for rock music - I couldn't give a shit - I prefer music that progresses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.