Reload this Page >

UK & Australian Music

UK & Australian Music

Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:37 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK & Australian Music

Originally Posted by willamos
If you want me to believe you are not just another Australian apologist you'll perhaps need to be able to engage in a discussion such as this without recourse to ridiculing what is a perfectly valid debate.
I don't really concern myself with what a voice in the ether thinks of me tbh, and you did exactly what I am doing in the Muslim UK thread
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:41 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I don't really concern myself with what a voice in the ether thinks of me tbh, and you did exactly what I am doing in the Muslim UK thread
No, I did not. What I did there was to try to point out that issues pertaining to Islam are relevant to all western '"Christian'' nations and to suggest it was only a UK issue was a narrow debate. I was not ridiculing the discusssion.

You are, however, ridiculing this discussion by suggesting that we cannot compare UK and Australian music without reference to Kenya.

See the difference?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:43 am
Account Closed

See how any discussion where people like you can't promote Australia (as you obviously know you can't when it comes to music) hits a wall pretty fast? As soon as people feel that their beloved Aussie-land is going to lose the debate they want it closed.
You totally miss the point again. I already agreed with you that the music here is lacking. My point is your threads are one dimensional, hackneyed diatribes with the sole aim of slagging off Australia in any way possible. It's just a bit dull that's all.
I suggest instead of starting off with some tosh about not wanting to start an Aus v UK debate, you just nail your colours to the mast and start a slag off Australia thread. It would at least be honest and you may get some stuff off your chest
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:43 am
Account Closed

No, I did not. What I did there was to try to point out that issues pertaining to Islam are relevant to all western '"Christian'' nations and to suggest it was only a UK issue was a narrow debate. I was not ridiculing the discusssion.

You are, however, ridiculing this discussion by suggesting that we cannot compare UK and Australian music without reference to Kenya.

See the difference?
Is it a black thing?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:44 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Zenyatta Mondatta by the Police sounds Kenyan.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Zenyatta Mondatta by the Police sounds Kenyan.
I don't think Will likes Kenyan music.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:46 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

You totally miss the point again. I already agreed with you that the music here is lacking. My point is your threads are one dimensional, hackneyed diatribes with the sole aim of slagging off Australia in any way possible. It's just a bit dull that's all.
I suggest instead of starting off with some tosh about not wanting to start an Aus v UK debate, you just nail your colours to the mast and start a slag off Australia thread. It would at least be honest and you may get some stuff off your chest
Well, if so, you're dependable rebuke of any criticism is equally tiresome. And frankly your entertainment is bottom of my list of priorities. No one forces you to respond to any thread of mine if you find them dull, do they?

And I didn't want a slag off Australia debate. Wanted people to offer reasons why there might be fewer artists of international success from Australia. But that idea in itself was obviously not comfortable enough for some so it quickly descended into a ''tell the Aussie hater to shut up'' thread. Predictably.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Well, if so, you're dependable rebuke of any criticism is equally tiresome. .
Are you not reading the posts again Will? I agreed with your criticism
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:51 am
Banned

Are you not reading the posts again Will? I agreed with your criticism
Fail to see how you can profess to agree yet take so much pleasure from derailing the thread and encouraging over posters to join with you in a ''let's tell this guy who hates our adopted home he's an idiot'' movement, which is essentially what you've been doing.

Make up your mind. If you agree, why the attempts to be smart? Just like to be the funny guy do you?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:52 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, if so, you're dependable rebuke of any criticism is equally tiresome. And frankly your entertainment is bottom of my list of priorities. No one forces you to respond to any thread of mine if you find them dull, do they?

And I didn't want a slag off Australia debate. Wanted people to offer reasons why there might be fewer artists of international success from Australia. But that idea in itself was obviously not comfortable enough for some so it quickly descended into a ''tell the Aussie hater to shut up'' thread. Predictably.
http://www.musicomh.com/albums/m-craft_0506.htm

Try that if you want to listen to some good, or at least I think it is, Australian music.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
http://www.musicomh.com/albums/m-craft_0506.htm

Try that if you want to listen to some good, or at least I think it is, Australian music.
Thanks I'll check it out.

Obviously I'll hate it cos it's Australian. Just ask kporte.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

We saw a band called 'Human Nature' in Vegas. Apparently they are the No. 1 band in Australia never heard of them before.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
We saw a band called 'Human Nature' in Vegas. Apparently they are the No. 1 band in Australia never heard of them before.
What the crap boy band that make Take That look interesting?!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:01 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Don't agree at all there.

The difference is that those who rubbish the UK garner more support and acceptance from the wider BE community than those who rubbish Australia do.

Those who criticise Australia get jumped on quite fast a lot of the time by an angry mob and it is their attempts to defend themselves (after being backed into a corner by said mob) that likely makes them appear to ''need medication''.

Also, most BE posters are not in the UK. Some are, yes, but most are not. Those who attack Australia have the added issue of being IN Australia right now; i.e. a place they do not like.

Those who attack the UK are attacking it from a distance and so are likely less passionate because they don't care so much now they are not there.
Wow! That's some amazing and fully educated experience you have, being able to comment on a site so well after only being on here for a few weeks (Aug 09). Sounds to me that you are indeed a reincarnation of a previous username
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:03 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

So Australia and Kenya are comparable are they, kporte? And you don't think that was a slight silly thing to say at all?!

Sounds a bit keen to defend Australia, that remark.
Why are you excluding all these other countries from the discussion? Shouldn't we be talking about all other countries' music?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.