UB40 or the Foos ?

Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UB40 or the Foos ?

Definatly the Foo fighters!!!

I saw UB40 here in Oz about hmmmm 15 yrs ago.....have never been to a more BORING concert in my life!!!

Now, I love their songs when heard on the radio in between a load of other songs....but when you listen to their songs back to back....SAME!!! BORING!!

But that is just my opinion
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Well off to see UB40 tomorrow , but some of my mates are off to London to see the Foo fighters , who is going to get the best gig ???

100% Foo Fighters

UB40......yawn..bring your slippers and pipe

KB
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:43 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels
Definatly the Foo fighters!!!

I saw UB40 here in Oz about hmmmm 15 yrs ago.....have never been to a more BORING concert in my life!!!

Now, I love their songs when heard on the radio in between a load of other songs....but when you listen to their songs back to back....SAME!!! BORING!!

But that is just my opinion
Interesting will let you know my verdict after the gig !
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:45 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well off to see UB40 tomorrow , but some of my mates are off to London to see the Foo fighters , who is going to get the best gig ???
You will of course mate, I am slightly biased though. Went to see them 2 weeks ago, absolutely fab. They mixed the new and the old really well, 1 in 10 was the encore and they didn't really need to sing it cos we did it for them!! I had no voice the next day, hubby was well pleased

Where are you seeing them? We saw them at Wembley arena and to be honest the venue was not brilliant, it was really just a big tent cos of all the work being done to the stadium!

Enjoy them, I have seen them in Germany, Hong Kong and Wembley (twice) and am happy to hear that they play Oz.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by KBREMBO
100% Foo Fighters

UB40......yawn..bring your slippers and pipe

KB
Did you go see the foos at rock it the other week , gutted i missed that even with the rain
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by ub40fan
You will of course mate, I am slightly biased though. Went to see them 2 weeks ago, absolutely fab. They mixed the new and the old really well, 1 in 10 was the encore and they didn't really need to sing it cos we did it for them!! I had no voice the next day, hubby was well pleased

Where are you seeing them? We saw them at Wembley arena and to be honest the venue was not brilliant, it was really just a big tent cos of all the work being done to the stadium!

Enjoy them, I have seen them in Germany, Hong Kong and Wembley (twice) and am happy to hear that they play Oz.
At the B I C in bournemouth only 4500 people venue so not bad to see bigger named bands at ,seen: coldplay , travis,keane,idlewilde, david gray ,soul II soul ,pluss some other there all good gigs , coldplay and david gray were tops though.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 7:59 am
superam74

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Will people still be playing the foos in 20 years time and will it still sound as fresh then as the old ub40 stuff does now.
1 in 10 is as relevant now as was then.
sorry cant even name a foo s record,and no i am not a one band fan.
i listen to a wide range of stuff but cant say ive heard much if anything from the foos,i do like and have done for years,the chilis!
Totally agree, I bought the greatest hits yesterday ( even though I have every song on vinyl or cassette). Can't say I like their later stuff, but from Labour of Love 2 back to the beginning I can't think of a song that I don't like.

Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:43 am
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

My mate and his girlfriend went through to Manchester to watch them last week, he's not a UB40 fan and he was bloody dreading it...........and yes your right, he's bought the T-shirt and all the bag of mashings you can get at any concert.... he says they're brill !!!!!!

MERRY CRIMBO
BRICKY ADE & family
Old Dec 18th 2005, 11:01 pm

Well just got in via the best curry house i know
Old Dec 18th 2005, 11:09 pm

Well just got back via the best curry house i know
The support were the wailers with Steve? Marley ,very good
UB40 were spot on, great gig , and did I shot the sheriff with the wailers half way through and all the hits , a big thumbs up

Mate reports that the foo's rocked too Dave grohl did a drum solo too
Old Dec 18th 2005, 11:50 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Saw them years ago they were supporting Dylan and Santana at Wembley, not all that live.