Wikiposts

TV Winge

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:56 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Winge

Works the other way too!

Few years ago I was taken to watch an apparently very important American football match in Miami. It started at 7 IIRC and finished after midnight. The whole thing was dictated by the TV network showing it live: every few minutes when the ads were on the game was stopped and everyone in the stadium - about 80000 - turned and watched the ads on the big screens. And they'd paid hundreds for the tickets to the match.........

The cheerleaders were tasty though.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:58 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Is it just me or is Oz TV annoying.

I started to watch a film last week and every 8 minutes there was a break for adverts, and each break the adverts were the same.

Luckily I do not watch much TV but that was just a pain in the arse.

I now record everything and watch it later, fast forwarding the ads.

Bobby
No it's not just you. It is certainly shite. Adverts that drag on for decades. Adverts within supposedly bone fide programs. Programs starting 15 minutes late. the same mind numbing adverts about rip off electrical stores and bloody rug sales. Hour after hour of American drivel. Adverts crammed into a slot just before the credits. Adverts... did I mention adverts at all? :curse: I will stick with my torrent sites for all my televisual program needs.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
This is a ploy to stop you from changing channels when the show you are watching is over. The put the ads that would have been shown between the shows just before the end of that show then segue straight into the next show.

Sneaky...
They also vary the length of the ad breaks, so if you have the video on very fast forward to skip the ad break, cos you think its a 5 minute ad break, and it turns out to be a 1 minute ad break, and then you have to rewind and find the start of the next bit of the programme, and by the time you've done all that, you realise it would have been quicker just to watch the ad.:curse:

At least some of the ads are funny.

This threads been going uninterrupted too long. Time for an ad break!

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:28 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

And it's the same on most Austar channels - the ones you pay for.

Also so many of the programs - the notionally documentary ones especially - seem to be made by children. At least, that's the way it looks. With all the affects such as speeded-up motion, stop frames, 3D wrap-around freeze-frame etc being so easily done they are over-used to the point of banality.

I find most of the American-made docs unwatchable after a couple of minutes of this trick-cyclist stuff.

I've just switched off (another) doc on the A380 building - effects used ad nauseam.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Originally Posted by busterboy
Its all shite!

There debate over!
Ditto!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:39 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Machiavelli

Mostly we are enjoying our new life without TV.

M
Just give up the internet now and you'll be in Nirvana.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:46 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by redlion
Not that i really watch it but i happened to tune into some AFL a couple of days ago and was watching it for a while when the ads came on, when the AFL came back on one team had scored during the ads...WTF??????

Nev
No, no. no. no. no live games should have no ads, bad form
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:55 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=JackTheLad;6428856]

At least some of the ads are funny.

This threads been going uninterrupted too long. Time for an ad break!

Cream cakes spring to mind - naughty but nice

Some ads are better than the programmes
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:57 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Also so many of the programs - the notionally documentary ones especially - seem to be made by children. At least, that's the way it looks. With all the affects such as speeded-up motion, stop frames, 3D wrap-around freeze-frame etc being so easily done they are over-used to the point of banality.
That's a good point.

I find most Australian Telly (regardless of its broadcast time) is made for children.