Wikiposts

TV Winge

Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of
Default TV Winge

Is it just me or is Oz TV annoying.

I started to watch a film last week and every 8 minutes there was a break for adverts, and each break the adverts were the same.

Luckily I do not watch much TV but that was just a pain in the arse.

I now record everything and watch it later, fast forwarding the ads.

Bobby
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TV Winge

Don't get me started! We watched one of the rugby world cup games on Channel 10 - we'd got Foxtel sports just to watch the rugby, but they didn't show all the games, so we had to watch it on 10. It was like watching American football - ad breaks every few minutes, it totally spoilt the game :curse:
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:31 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland

I started to watch a film last week and every 8 minutes there was a break for adverts, and each break the adverts were the same.

Bobby
Even here in the U.K I do this.

I hate adverts - it feels so good to fast forward them
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:39 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby
Quite normal. Average for 1 hour show is approximately 40-45 minutes.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll get over it
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

A 2 hour film can last 3 I'm sure! ... :curse:

It's a pity as they DO put on some decent movies over here, but I'll NEVER watch em cos of the adverts! ...

I LOVE the UKNova stuff as we've just watched all of Britains Got Talent. Not ONE advert! ...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:38 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think its every 8 mins for a whole movie. Sometimes the first ad break is about 20 mins in, BUT, as the movie goes on, they get closer and closer and closer together, to the point where at the end its about 5 mins and totally unwatchable. :curse:

And, the fact that it seems to be the same ads every break makes it even more mind-numbing.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by eddie007
You'll get over it

I will never get over it - I hate advertising. Hated it in the UK and hate it here.

Took so long to watch Indiana Jones last week I gave up and went to bed!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_uk
I will never get over it - I hate advertising. Hated it in the UK and hate it here.

Took so long to watch Indiana Jones last week I gave up and went to bed!
Me too! After 8 years I still can't handle it and rarely watch the free channels. It's too painful - I have to really want to watch the show to stick it out ... wouldn't even consider a movie anymore LOL! Even Foxtel has ads :curse:
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Me too! After 8 years I still can't handle it and rarely watch the free channels. It's too painful - I have to really want to watch the show to stick it out ... wouldn't even consider a movie anymore LOL! Even Foxtel has ads :curse:
Can I be the first to say:

THE ADVERTS PAY FOR THE SHOW!

Yes you hate adverts, but if they didn't have adverts, there'd be no show.

I make a game of it, cos the advertising laws in Oz are so much more lax than the Uk. So you can have "infomercials" inserted seamlessly into programs (check Channel 7's morning programme after 9am, oh god )

Or Better Homes and Gardens on oh! Channel 7 is an absolute bugger for advertising stuff in the show, and then during the ad break, its advertised again BY THE SAME PEOPLE on the show. It would never be allowed in the UK

But it's fine here.

The point is, this is a large country with a tiny population, for TV to supply everyone, it has to do every trick in the book to make money.

If ads piss you off, there is always the ABC, which will pretty much show you old BBC re-runs

JTL
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Get a dvd player
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Can I be the first to say:

THE ADVERTS PAY FOR THE SHOW!

Yes you hate adverts, but if they didn't have adverts, there'd be no show.

JTL

YES I KNOW THAT, DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO WATCH IT THOUGH!!! THAT'S WHY I HAVE FOXTEL!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I'm obviously missing the point.

You came halfway around the world, and you want to watch TV?

We hardly watched TV in UK, and have never tried it here.

We do have Foxtel, kids watch cartoons, OH subscribed to ?whatever? and watches key football games in UK. Just remembered, Sentanta Sport.

Mostly we are enjoying our new life without TV.

M

Last edited by Machiavelli; Jun 2nd 2008 at 1:22 am. Reason: Sentanta
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:53 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Not that i really watch it but i happened to tune into some AFL a couple of days ago and was watching it for a while when the ads came on, when the AFL came back on one team had scored during the ads...WTF??????

Nev
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Sorry, I'm obviously missing the point.

You came halfway around the world, and you want to watch TV?

We hardly watched TV in UK, and have never tried it here.

We do have Foxtel, kids watch cartoons, OH subscribed to ?whatever? and watches key football games in UK. Just remembered, Sentanta Sport.

Mostly we are enjoying our new life without TV.

M
Sorry but i hate posts like this ! Just cause telly isnt your thing ,doesnt mean that everyone else should feel the same . My sister "moved half way round the world" and still watches telly over there. They still have winter,and some sunny summer days that there not all sat round the barbie,where they just want to chill out and watch the TV!
Glad you are enjoying you life without TV ......but us lesser mortals enjoy it sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.