Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Dec 10th 2016, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by OzTennis
22nd June 2016 £1 = 1.3099 Euros

9th December 2016 £1 = 1.18377 Euros

Care to disagree or apologise or will you make an irrelevant comment instead?

I think the reason your mind is in a muddle is that you read somewhere it has risen since the huge fall e.g. 8th July 2016 £1 = 1.17222 Euros
But your story is not stacking up. Earlier you said he is £1K (assuming you mean pounds here) better off. Considering the exchange rate has fluctuated wildly how do you come up with this flat figure if he is paid in Euro's?

After Brexit the pound was worth around 0.86p against the Euro and hovered there for while before moving to the 0.9p. It is now back in the low 0.8's.

Therefore the pound is coming back against the Euro since Brexit.

I know you want to pound to sink. I know you want Farage to look like he supported Brexit for his own financial gain, but making stuff up doesn't fly.

Care to give an apology?
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
But your story is not stacking up. Earlier you said he is £1K (assuming you mean pounds here) better off. Considering the exchange rate has fluctuated wildly how do you come up with this flat figure if he is paid in Euro's?

After Brexit the pound was worth around 0.86p against the Euro and hovered there for while before moving to the 0.9p. It is now back in the low 0.8's.

Therefore the pound is coming back against the Euro since Brexit.

I know you want to pound to sink. I know you want Farage to look like he supported Brexit for his own financial gain, but making stuff up doesn't fly.

Care to give an apology?
Which E/R do you dispute because I looked them up when you made the ridiculous claim that the pound is stronger against the euro since Brexit. Over 1.30 before 1.18 today. It's like arguing Canberra isn't the capital of Australia; it's a fact.

MEP's salaries for the year are set at a point in time and when they were set the pound was much higher against the euro than it is now. Farage's salary doesn't move every day with E/R fluctuations!!!

If you don't follow that read this and shut up on the matter for goodness sake.

MEPs including Nigel Farage have seen their pay rise by £1,000 a month | Daily Mail Online
Old Dec 10th 2016, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

MEPs are paid in euros, and their salary currently works out as €8,213 per month.

In May that was worth £6,317. But the pound's fall in value following the Brexit vote means it is now more like £7,300.
Liberal Democrat Tom Brake, who did the calculations, told the Sunday Times: 'While the fall in sterling is hitting families through higher prices in shops, Farage and his Ukip colleagues are enjoying a Brexit bonus worth thousands of pounds.

Old Dec 11th 2016, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Which E/R do you dispute because I looked them up when you made the ridiculous claim that the pound is stronger against the euro since Brexit. Over 1.30 before 1.18 today. It's like arguing Canberra isn't the capital of Australia; it's a fact.

MEP's salaries for the year are set at a point in time and when they were set the pound was much higher against the euro than it is now. Farage's salary doesn't move every day with E/R fluctuations!!!

If you don't follow that read this and shut up on the matter for goodness sake.

MEPs including Nigel Farage have seen their pay rise by £1,000 a month | Daily Mail Online
Your argument is flawed on all fronts. Even believing the Mail's hypothesis on this is foolish. Your 1000 pounds is your first mistake followed by countless others.

Today their salary on your figure is £68xx. It will change tomorrow.

Not sure if you've ever lived in one place and claimed a salary from another. Its a pain in the arse. There is no consistency of salary. What might be good one month is terrible the next.

I have seen people lose houses by doing this. Playing the currency game with your entire salary is risky business.

You and the Mail need to get a grip.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your argument is flawed on all fronts. Even believing the Mail's hypothesis on this is foolish. Your 1000 pounds is your first mistake followed by countless others.

Today their salary on your figure is £68xx. It will change tomorrow.

Not sure if you've ever lived in one place and claimed a salary from another. Its a pain in the arse. There is no consistency of salary. What might be good one month is terrible the next.

I have seen people lose houses by doing this. Playing the currency game with your entire salary is risky business.

You and the Mail need to get a grip.
I've taught some students like you in my time. Here's how it works. Let's say that Farage's salary is decided on July 31st 2016 - that's for the upcoming year. With it so far? MEP's salaries are set at XK Euros. Nige lives in England so he will have pounds paid into his bank account for the forthcoming year AT THE EXCHANGE RATE ON THAT DAY. Well, when the salaries were set it was after the pound had plunged from over 1.3 to 1.17 Euros and therefore Nige and other British MEP's got a windfall circa £1K per month rise.

His salary, paid each month, in pounds, into his bank account has nothing to do with the E/R thereafter.

No matter what you say the pound was over 1.3 Euros pre Brexit and is below 1.2 Euros now if you want to argue the irrelevant side issue of the effect of Brexit on the E/R.

My last word on it and if you don't understand get someone else to explain it to you.

What the last bit has to do with this issue is anyone's guess. MEP's in UK had a windfall pay rise thanks to Brexit, end of story, it's all I said (which you've disputed umpteen times).

Last edited by OzTennis; Dec 11th 2016 at 7:58 am.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've taught some students like you in my time. Here's how it works. Let's say that Farage's salary is decided on July 31st 2016 - that's for the upcoming year. With it so far? MEP's salaries are set at XK Euros. Nige lives in England so he will have pounds paid into his bank account for the forthcoming year AT THE EXCHANGE RATE ON THAT DAY. Well, when the salaries were set it was after the pound had plunged from over 1.3 to 1.17 Euros and therefore Nige and other British MEP's got a windfall circa £1K per month rise.

His salary, paid each month, in pounds, into his bank account has nothing to do with the E/R thereafter.

No matter what you say the pound was over 1.3 Euros pre Brexit and is below 1.2 Euros now if you want to argue the irrelevant side issue of the effect of Brexit on the E/R.

My last word on it and if you don't understand get someone else to explain it to you.

What the last bit has to do with this issue is anyone's guess. MEP's in UK had a windfall pay rise thanks to Brexit, end of story, it's all I said (which you've disputed umpteen times).
So he made a massive windfall. 6 weeks salary. I make triple 6 weeks salary in a decent quarterly bonus.

Get a grip.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So he made a massive windfall. 6 weeks salary. I make triple 6 weeks salary in a decent quarterly bonus.

Get a grip.
I make a little point about the irony of Farage getting a pay rise out of the pound slump post Brexit which you fail to understand how it came about, not once, not twice but three or more times and then you turn it into your bonus, you tell me I'm trying to make some other point, you say how people can make money on E/R variations, but it's risky, it's in the DM online so it must be wrong, I've got to get a grip.......

The smugness about your bonus and self-interest says much.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow look at this. One of your rags saying the same thing I am. Buried at the bottom after the propaganda of course.

British MEPs including Ukip paid nearly £1,000 a month more in wake of post-referendum pound slump | The Independent

I can't seem to find any to suggest an MEP's salary is fixed annually so it doesn't suffer exchange rate fluctuations. Can you share with me your source?
Old Dec 12th 2016, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow look at this. One of your rags saying the same thing I am. Buried at the bottom after the propaganda of course.

British MEPs including Ukip paid nearly £1,000 a month more in wake of post-referendum pound slump | The Independent

I can't seem to find any to suggest an MEP's salary is fixed annually so it doesn't suffer exchange rate fluctuations. Can you share with me your source?
I've made all the points I'm going to make, move on.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've made all the points I'm going to make, move on.
So are you making the fixed annual salary thing up?
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So are you making the fixed annual salary thing up?
How Nigel Farage pocketed a £7,500 pay rise after Brexit - Mirror Online

Nigel Farage and his fellow Ukip MEPs will continue to pocket their £84,000 a year salaries for the foreseeable future, the party has confirmed.
Parliamentarians get €8,213.02 a month before tax, or €98,556 (£83,959) a year, plus thousands of euros to spend on office costs, travel expenses and daily expenditure.
And as it is paid in euros, British MEPs will find their spending money goes further than before when they change it into sterling.

Nigel Farage plans to pocket his £84,000 MEP salary until we officially quit the EU

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...el-farage-ukip

Nigel Farage enjoys 12% pay boost in Euros thanks to Brexit | London Evening Standard

The onus is on you to produce an article which says his pay hasn't risen and the pound is now stronger against the Euro than it was before Brexit.

A graph of the exchange rate - date of referendum £1 = 1.3089, today 1.19.

Otherwise move on or apologise for your incorrectness. I anticipate though that you'll say you can't believe what's in the Guardian or Mirror.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How Nigel Farage pocketed a £7,500 pay rise after Brexit - Mirror Online

Nigel Farage and his fellow Ukip MEPs will continue to pocket their £84,000 a year salaries for the foreseeable future, the party has confirmed.
Parliamentarians get €8,213.02 a month before tax, or €98,556 (£83,959) a year, plus thousands of euros to spend on office costs, travel expenses and daily expenditure.
And as it is paid in euros, British MEPs will find their spending money goes further than before when they change it into sterling.

Nigel Farage plans to pocket his £84,000 MEP salary until we officially quit the EU

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...el-farage-ukip

Nigel Farage enjoys 12% pay boost in Euros thanks to Brexit | London Evening Standard

The onus is on you to produce an article which says his pay hasn't risen and the pound is now stronger against the Euro than it was before Brexit.

A graph of the exchange rate - date of referendum £1 = 1.3089, today 1.19.

http://i.imgur.com/F4FdTkz.png

Otherwise move on or apologise for your incorrectness. I anticipate though that you'll say you can't believe what's in the Guardian or Mirror.
Unless I have overlooked it, none of those articles confirm your statement that an MEP's salary is fixed in pounds for the year. In fact they all seem to suggest they are paid in Euro's which means their salaries fluctuate. If I did over look it can you point it out to me?

Let's say that Farage's salary is decided on July 31st 2016 - that's for the upcoming year. With it so far? MEP's salaries are set at XK Euros. Nige lives in England so he will have pounds paid into his bank account for the forthcoming year AT THE EXCHANGE RATE ON THAT DAY. Well, when the salaries were set it was after the pound had plunged from over 1.3 to 1.17 Euros and therefore Nige and other British MEP's got a windfall circa £1K per month rise.

Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unless I have overlooked it, none of those articles confirm your statement that an MEP's salary is fixed in pounds for the year. In fact they all seem to suggest they are paid in Euro's which means their salaries fluctuate. If I did over look it can you point it out to me?

Let's say that Farage's salary is decided on July 31st 2016 - that's for the upcoming year. With it so far? MEP's salaries are set at XK Euros. Nige lives in England so he will have pounds paid into his bank account for the forthcoming year AT THE EXCHANGE RATE ON THAT DAY. Well, when the salaries were set it was after the pound had plunged from over 1.3 to 1.17 Euros and therefore Nige and other British MEP's got a windfall circa £1K per month rise.

You've changed your tune from Farage hasn't had a pay rise to focussing on the method of his pay rise. What does it matter, the pound was nearly 1.31 referendum day and is now 1.19. How can there not be a pay rise?

Where's your evidence the pound has not fallen since Brexit (I couldn't give a monkey's if it went up a cent last month) or an article which refutes that UK MEP's have made a windfall gain out of Brexit?

I'm not going to waste any more time on this.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You've changed your tune from Farage hasn't had a pay rise to focussing on the method of his pay rise. What does it matter, the pound was nearly 1.31 referendum day and is now 1.19. How can there not be a pay rise?

Where's your evidence the pound has not fallen since Brexit (I couldn't give a monkey's if it went up a cent last month) or an article which refutes that UK MEP's have made a windfall gain out of Brexit?

I'm not going to waste any more time on this.
It matters a lot. A fluctuating salary based on exchange rate means good and bad for Farage. One that's fixed in for the year on July 31st means a lot of good.

Which one shall it be? Or did you create a little white lie?

Last edited by Beoz; Dec 12th 2016 at 7:46 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder when construction starts on the Mexican wall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.