Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Donald
84.62%
Hillary
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Trumpmare is happening... Who will win?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
You never stopped and thought that Muslim hate preachers and hate marches have fanned Wilders' fire? These marches and speaches can and do go unckecked.

All the while the left refuse to acknowledge their part in the issues we face today, the far right will always be waiting in the wings for your disdane for the lower classes to be your undoing. I'm not even saying thay're any better for the working classes, but they don't claim to champion them.
Exactly

When governments listen to their people and have policies that benefit them, people like Wilders, Le Pen, Farage, Trump, Hanson etc are not listened, considered crackpots and gain no power. But when the people are ignored, brushed off and looked down upon..........
Old Nov 17th 2016, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
If you'll remember, the reason I said I wouldn't engage with him in future is because he was OK with Geert Wilders, the far right fascist/racist. Even given the opportunity to walk that back, he was adamant in his admiration. Plus he's a troll (as are you).

So yeah, off the charts, and in the sewer.

A chance to do what?

As I've pointed out, it's obvious from his stated policies alone that he's going to screw things up and cause untold destruction - it's spelled out.

If you look at what he's said he would do, the only positive thing was to 'drain the swamp', but as soon as he's in place, he's filling the swamp with alligators - climate deniers, theocrats, racists, GOP sleezeballs - not a decent human being, or competent individual amongst them. He's even trying to give his KIDS posts. Even Reagan kept his drunk brother out of government. Not one positive policy position left - it's all bad.

Exactly. They took him far too seriously. They gave him the oxygen of publicity, treating him as a viable candidate. They should have treated him as the clown he is. They shouldn't have treated him as 'credible' and allowed him to soak up the oxygen with his insanity.

Sigh, he said that. It was pointed out to you, in his own words, that he was asked a number of times about a database, and he avoided giving a straight yes/no answer. However, eventually :

Reporter : "Are you unequivocally now ruling out a database on all Muslims?"

Trump: "No, not at all".

Guess what, this is NOT a 'post-truth' zone - when you lie and then lie about lying, you get pulled up on it.

Look, let's just cut the wasted effort shall we. Let's just assume that when you post something untrue, distorted, bigoted or dumb - you've been called on it and you can get on with trying to describe black as an off shade of white.

Peace out
You are getting pretty "stupid" I must say and it pretty much confirms to me my wildest fears - the left are just a mad house.

You just even lied then saying trump wanted to register muslims.

I will leave you with the extract from the Independent.

He first floated the idea of special ID cards for American Muslims during a debate over Syrian refugees entering the country.

The Republican candidate wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday: “Eight Syrians were just caught on the southern border trying to get into the US. Isis maybe? I told you so. WE NEED A BIG & BEAUTIFUL WALL.”

You see. The media you love and cherish says one thing then quotes another as backup.

You do the same.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Garry. I will apologize for calling you "stupid" but it does seem to be the theme. Apparent right wingers should stoop to such name calling lows.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I should do a poll on how well PDT will perform in the first year, then we can all look back and see how accurate our predictions were in a years time.

Give me some ideas on what the options should be, from good to bad, and I'll do it.

I'll then merge this thread into that.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Maybe I should do a poll on how well PDT will perform in the first year, then we can all look back and see how accurate our predictions were in a years time.

Give me some ideas on what the options should be, from good to bad, and I'll do it.

I'll then merge this thread into that.
awesome idea, will have a think. beats all of us bashing our heads against walls haha
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:19 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
If you look at what he's said he would do, the only positive thing was to 'drain the swamp', but as soon as he's in place, he's filling the swamp with alligators - climate deniers, theocrats, racists, GOP sleezeballs - not a decent human being, or competent individual amongst them. He's even trying to give his KIDS posts. Even Reagan kept his drunk brother out of government. Not one positive policy position left - it's all bad.
Yeah, things look very different from the other side. And there are virtually unlimited amounts of cronies and other tag-alongs that are now looking at getting a well-paid, cushy seat from Donald even though they don't have the qualifications to offer anything in return.

I just hope Donald stops being Donald and simply starts listening to smarter people than himself which is generally what presidents do.

And let's hope we see a true Republican stance towards Russia and not the attitude of someone who's grateful for their help in the election and wants to express his gratitude in return.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
What a load of waffle.

Lets keep this pretty simple.

A question

1. Can you give me 1 single racist Trump policy? Go for the wall if you like, you could even try the Canadian wall you mention above (WTF)

Yes we have moved on since what you mentioned above. Trumps ideals are not about slavery or apartheid. The mere fact of even mentioning them together makes you look pretty bad or a very poor salesman. Take your pick.

Before you respond, take a deep look into Trumps policies because you haven't been able to use any of them in any of your arguments. Just the rubbish you read in the Washo and Huffo Posts, NY Times, and media outlets designed to suck in the gullible.
You are going round in circles and your fallback line is 'show me his policies'; there's enough out there on what he said and what he proposed as evidence. Show me how he didn't say what he said which is reported in those papers rather than just using the stupid line of you can't believe what you read in them. See the 1998 quote about Trump belittling Republicans as believing all they see on Fox News. You don't have an orange tan and a tuft of grass on your head by any chance do you?

I said there were similarities in attitude of supposed superiority (and implied inferiority of other groups) between Rhodes and Trump.

No more debate on whether Trump is racist or not - move on to something else.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Trump on climate change - it is a 'Chinese hoax' and he is threatening to pull out of the upcoming Paris talks which Obama signed the US up to. Republicans 30 years ago started the debate and signed up to the first agreements.

Trump on tariffs and trade - BHP chairman Jac Nasser warns of 'trauma' if Trump hits China with tariffs (I suspect he'd question it coming from Jac Nasser purely because he was born in Lebanon).
Old Nov 17th 2016, 8:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Trump on climate change - it is a 'Chinese hoax' and he is threatening to pull out of the upcoming Paris talks which Obama signed the US up to. Republicans 30 years ago started the debate and signed up to the first agreements.

Trump on tariffs and trade - BHP chairman Jac Nasser warns of 'trauma' if Trump hits China with tariffs (I suspect he'd question it coming from Jac Nasser purely because he was born in Lebanon).
Tariffs are a bad idea but at least we now have a major world leader who is a climate realist (what the western-haters call a denier), so hopefully there is still time to save our economies from the onerous tax burden (aka increasing electricity prices) that is soon to hit

Happy days ahead
Old Nov 17th 2016, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Tariffs are a bad idea but at least we now have a major world leader who is a climate realist (what the western-haters call a denier), so hopefully there is still time to save our economies from the onerous tax burden (aka increasing electricity prices) that is soon to hit

Happy days ahead
You are a qualified climatologist rather than like Trump, in denial, because it ties in with your political views?

Reported in the Torygraph (so it must be true rather than the other papers):

Beijing to Trump: Climate change is not a Chinese hoax
Old Nov 17th 2016, 10:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by OzTennis
You are a qualified climatologist rather than like Trump, in denial, because it ties in with your political views?

Reported in the Torygraph (so it must be true rather than the other papers):

Beijing to Trump: Climate change is not a Chinese hoax
No, I'm not a qualified climatologist

Are you?

People/companies/governments can implement any power source or efficiency that they want - as long as not a cent from the taxpayer or consumer is used to fund or subsidise it

I believe MMGW is not happening - you believe what you want to believe (this topic has been done to death BTW and I have no great desire to fire it up again)
Old Nov 17th 2016, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you?

People/companies/governments can implement any power source or efficiency that they want - as long as not a cent from the taxpayer or consumer is used to fund or subsidise it

I believe MMGW is not happening - you believe what you want to believe (this topic has been done to death BTW and I have no great desire to fire it up again)
No but I've read and heard the evidence that the experts have presented and on balance it is a serious problem facing the world which needs to be addressed. 97% of climate scientists agree.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you?

But the consumer (most of whom are taxpayers) contributes to the problem.

Why not shift the billions from building the Mexican wall to addressing the more serious problem and there won't be any increase in US taxes?
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

First, Trump and policies. I don't understand the commotion about it. I have read in detail his policies and actually, there is nothing in them that hasn't been in previous Republican policies at some point. Even the wall is not a new idea - it was first put forward by GOP in the 90's.

Second, the reason for him being elected. This is more complex, but, also obvious in at least part. People no longer trust the political elite. In recent years we have had the USA equivalent of Labour in power - Democrat President. But, in this same period, working class and middles class have seen their living standards fall, often their incomes fall in real terms, the rich have become richer and the gap between rich and everyone else become bigger. This while having a president who would have been expected to have reversed this or at least have had an impact. During the 8 years of Obama, the biggest growth in jobs in the USA has been for minimum wage or less roles such as the gig economy of Uber drivers and things.

So, people are becoming more and more desperate. All of the people that voted for Trump are not racists or any other label. Theses are mainly just normal people who are getting desperate. They needed someone to turn to that just might offer something other than more of the same, because more of the same means an ever downward spiral for many.

Even now, the politicians in the light of analyzing the reasons are still not getting it. We have in the last days had the British PM telling us that globalization needs to be a bit kinder but that it is still the best way forward. We have had the same message only yesterday from Obama. So, they know there is a problem with what globalization has done, but they don't see the extent. Unless they have a radical rethink the public will continue to feel more alienated from the political system and start to turn more to someone who offers them something different. There lies the dangers. It hasn't made the news as much but, there have been two other elections in recent days - Bulgaria and Moldova and both have resulted in politicians that are pro Moscow rather than pro EU / liberal / supporters of globalization. This will go on and the risk is not Trump or UKIP / Brexit, it is the one that comes along that garners support with truly bad ideas.

In my profession, we have a saying, the past is the key to the future, yet as societies we don't get that. In the past, we had a country whose people were being left behind economically. Who started to feel they were being rejected by the established political elite and that the elite would see them continue to head downward. Eventually a man came along who offered them a way out. He had some bad policies as well and some outright distasteful ones, but people were happy to turn a blind eye to the bad as they were desperate enough to want the good bits. The economic improvement or at least no further fall in economic standards. There is a saying "The starving man has no fear of the gaol in order to put bread on his table". That country was Germany, the man Hitler. The politicians of today are getting the warning messages, but not listening to them
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
On the subject of revisiting things, this video was posted on another thread yesterday, it dates from eighteen months ago, just before the run up to the primary election campaign. The first 20 seconds is the funny bit.

For those unfamiliar with the people in the video, the guy in the suit is Bill Maher, a left-leaning TV presenter. His "panel" of left-leaning cronies is to his right, and the audience, knowing the reputation of Bill Maher, are mostly left-leaning too.

The guest, the woman with the blond hair, is Ann Coulter a conservative political journalist, and is very knowledgeable on her subject - she was clearly being bated on this TV show, but her response was undoubtedly "straight up". You only need to watch the first 20 seconds - I just love her confidence in giving her answer, and the hysterical laughter of the audience. I wonder how much they are laughin today!

https://youtu.be/0-2uSG1xUEg
Coulter? Seriously? The woman who thinks that there is a conspiracy to perform "ethnic cleansing" of "white people" in the US, that Jewish people need to be "perfected" (ie converted to Christianity), thinks that excess radiation acts as a "cancer vaccine" and characterizes evolution as "bogus science"?

Laughable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.