Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Travelling to Australia overland by bus

Travelling to Australia overland by bus

Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:11 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travelling to Australia overland by bus

From the BBC:

"A group of travellers will set off this weekend bound for Australia - by bus. The 15,000 mile trip Down Under has 39 intrepid passengers on board. The only time passengers will take a flight is from East Timor across to Australia at the end."

Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6996233.stm

Gina
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:57 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to Australia overland by bus

Originally Posted by GinaUK
From the BBC:

"A group of travellers will set off this weekend bound for Australia - by bus. The 15,000 mile trip Down Under has 39 intrepid passengers on board. The only time passengers will take a flight is from East Timor across to Australia at the end."

Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6996233.stm

Gina
Cool I would love to do this
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

That sounds great, wouldnt suit me thogh traveling knocks me sick.
Is it going to be on TV would live to watch it.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:01 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the website on this.....OH says it is really expensive too and think it takes about 12 weeks or something to get there.....cool way of seeing the sights Ems x
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:18 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

Hi there

Just been reading about the Oz Bus in Oz/NZ mag, takes 12 weeks costs £3750, and takes in 20 countries inc Oz - brilliant, what an amazing experience that would be.... we would love to do that... just need to sort things out, like TRA application, Visa application, sell house and other stuff, and then bugger off on an ultimate trip - looking forward to the tigers, then again what about Everest base camp, also could get to see a komodo dragon... (note to self buy better camera, need MP3 and need to take those horrible malaria pills)

the website is www.oz-bus.com
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Yeah we looked at this to, not quite about the safety of some of the countries it goes through but if I was 20 years younger I reckon I would give it a go
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Fantastic! That is something I'd love to do!!! While doing the backpacking thing years ago we met a motorbike couple from Norway. They had customised a couple of bikes for the trip and biked from Norway to Oz!

Iran, Afganistan and Burma are the real hurdles - but gonna look at the bus thing to see their route. Green with envy!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Just had a look on their website. What a jouney that would be!! One thing they dont do (hmm, brain cells going now ) is sort out Visa's.

They mention 'visa processing companies'. Are there such things? I would imagine Iran could be really difficult!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Can't think of anything worse than being stuck on a bus with 30+ other people for 12 weeks
Sorry, just not my idea of a good time!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Fantastic.This is my way of seeing the world.