Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is it too soon for a Christmas thread?

Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:23 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold
Question Is it too soon for a Christmas thread?

I know it's only August but can we talk about Christmas cos I've had the most excellent news that my mother-in-law isn't coming! Hooray!!!! Can finally look forward to Christmas for once without that feeling of impending doom....

What will you all be doing? What's Christmas Day like in your house?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it too soon for a Christmas thread?

Originally Posted by Peepster
I know it's only August but can we talk about Christmas cos I've had the most excellent news that my mother-in-law isn't coming! Hooray!!!! Can finally look forward to Christmas for once without that feeling of impending doom....

Last year I was on my own as Mr PP was working.

Not sure about this year though, I am looking forward to it.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Del-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really nice

Congratulations on your news!!!!!!!!!

We'll not have as good a Christmas as we we'll still be here in UK and not over there in the Sun which we hoped we would be.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

We usually have some UK friends round but not this year - fed up with doing and supplying everything with very little in return. We have a girlfriend arriving from the UK on Boxing day (I think) so we are going to book into the Langham Hotel for Christmas Eve and Christmas Night - Bliss

PS Just read this back and sounds like I give to receive which is not the case - they are just takers and OH and I have got a bit fed up with it. They are the sort of people who turn up on hot days and never bring anything with them and we end up supplying wine, beer, food - we had one invite around there and they ordered Pizza and made up pay our half !!!!

Last edited by Hebe; Aug 19th 2009 at 7:29 am.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:34 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

At this rate we'll still be squatting at friends in the UK at various location and I'll have to go back to work. However, if the visa comes in time, we'll move to Adelaide and then Christmas in Brisbane squatting at other friends.

The best bit is they'll have it all figured out so no planning on our part Oh, and probably meet up with kporte

Cooler
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

I had the present talk with a friend yesterday - both agreeing no presents this year - so it has started !
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you need some new friends Hebe!

We're going to be staying home again this year. Only difference is that it will be in our own home. I probably will invite the neighbours around for a drink and a dip in the pool in the afternoon. We always spend Christmas Eve with our (now former) neighbours sipping bubbly in their spa.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

AYE, IT BLOODY IS!!!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:03 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Is it too soon for a Christmas thread?AYE, IT BLOODY IS!!!
Don't be so silly Nelbhoy, its practically here!

Mince pie anyone?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:09 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I might go to South Beach with a picnic.

I wanted to go last year but had heatstroke from being on Cottesloe beach on xmas eve watching GMTV filming.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Don't be so silly Nelbhoy, its practically here!

Mince pie anyone?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Well...if last year is anything to go by....the shops in Brisbane will be full of Christmas decorations and presents in a couple of weeks time.

G
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I am really looking forward to my first Australian Christmas! It's a cliche, but I think we'll be going to the beach in the morning, then barbie back home. A couple of friends from the UK are planning on making the trip over to stay with us as long as they can get flights.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

impending doom here......she's coming for 3 months.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
impending doom here......she's coming for 3 months.
Big sympathies.you may as well call off Christmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.