British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Is it too soon for a Christmas thread? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/too-soon-christmas-thread-626446/)

Peepster Aug 18th 2009 7:23 pm

Is it too soon for a Christmas thread?

I know it's only August but can we talk about Christmas cos I've had the most excellent news that my mother-in-law isn't coming! Hooray!!!! Can finally look forward to Christmas for once without that feeling of impending doom....

What will you all be doing? What's Christmas Day like in your house?

Cheetah7 Aug 18th 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Is it too soon for a Christmas thread?

Originally Posted by Peepster (Post 7856172)
I know it's only August but can we talk about Christmas cos I've had the most excellent news that my mother-in-law isn't coming! Hooray!!!! Can finally look forward to Christmas for once without that feeling of impending doom....

Last year I was on my own as Mr PP was working.

Not sure about this year though, I am looking forward to it.

Del-Jo Aug 18th 2009 7:27 pm

Congratulations on your news!!!!!!!!!

We'll not have as good a Christmas as we we'll still be here in UK and not over there in the Sun:( which we hoped we would be.

Hebe Aug 18th 2009 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Peepster (Post 7856172)

We usually have some UK friends round but not this year - fed up with doing and supplying everything with very little in return. We have a girlfriend arriving from the UK on Boxing day (I think) so we are going to book into the Langham Hotel for Christmas Eve and Christmas Night - Bliss

PS Just read this back and sounds like I give to receive which is not the case - they are just takers and OH and I have got a bit fed up with it. They are the sort of people who turn up on hot days and never bring anything with them and we end up supplying wine, beer, food - we had one invite around there and they ordered Pizza and made up pay our half !!!!

coolerkingcooler Aug 18th 2009 7:34 pm

At this rate we'll still be squatting at friends in the UK at various location and I'll have to go back to work. However, if the visa comes in time, we'll move to Adelaide and then Christmas in Brisbane squatting at other friends.

The best bit is they'll have it all figured out so no planning on our part:thumbsup: Oh, and probably meet up with kporte:wub:

Cooler

Reading fan Aug 18th 2009 7:37 pm

I had the present talk with a friend yesterday - both agreeing no presents this year - so it has started !

Dorothy Aug 18th 2009 7:39 pm

Sounds like you need some new friends Hebe!

We're going to be staying home again this year. Only difference is that it will be in our own home. I probably will invite the neighbours around for a drink and a dip in the pool in the afternoon. We always spend Christmas Eve with our (now former) neighbours sipping bubbly in their spa.

NELBHOY Aug 18th 2009 7:47 pm

AYE, IT BLOODY IS!!! :sneaky:

Peepster Aug 18th 2009 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7856225)
Is it too soon for a Christmas thread?AYE, IT BLOODY IS!!! :sneaky:

Don't be so silly Nelbhoy, its practically here! :rofl:

Mince pie anyone?

Cheetah7 Aug 18th 2009 8:09 pm

I might go to South Beach with a picnic.

I wanted to go last year but had heatstroke from being on Cottesloe beach on xmas eve watching GMTV filming.

NELBHOY Aug 18th 2009 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Peepster (Post 7856252)
Don't be so silly Nelbhoy, its practically here! :rofl:

Mince pie anyone?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Grayling Aug 18th 2009 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7856225)

Well...if last year is anything to go by....the shops in Brisbane will be full of Christmas decorations and presents in a couple of weeks time.:ohmy:

G

cookiestar Aug 18th 2009 8:15 pm

I am really looking forward to my first Australian Christmas! It's a cliche, but I think we'll be going to the beach in the morning, then barbie back home. A couple of friends from the UK are planning on making the trip over to stay with us as long as they can get flights.

Kingseat Aug 18th 2009 8:26 pm

impending doom here......she's coming for 3 months.

irishbloo Aug 18th 2009 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 7856309)
impending doom here......she's coming for 3 months.

Big sympathies.you may as well call off Christmas.:eek: