Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Wikiposts

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:51 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Does anyone on the Oz side have a news link to this story for when Toby first went missing?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:52 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
you aving a laugh ? YOUR BOY, jezz I was trying to get my head around why youwould bury your nipper in the back garden......muppet
jeesus it never fails to amaze me how nasty some people on this forum can be

Paraken i'm so sorry to hear your news I would be devestated too, really agree that this company should be pubically named and shamed via the media. As well as the legal route.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:53 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I agree, I think that they are not only enjoying a good working relationship and don't want their boat rocked, but I do think this has happened before - perhaps not alot but it certainly isn't the first time.

I truly believe that Toby's owner should seek legal advice now and involve as much press attention as possible.

But time is running out and it needs to be kept in the spotlight.
get legal advise as soon as poss. If the OP wants to make sure this never happens again(or as good as) action needs to be taken now. Another poster said to call Watchdog on the BBC which is also another great idea as emmigration from the uk has never been so high it has the potential to affect many more people.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Demeter
jeesus it never fails to amaze me how nasty some people on this forum can be

Paraken i'm so sorry to hear your news I would be devestated too, really agree that this company should be pubically named and shamed via the media. As well as the legal route.
i have to admit that's what i thought at first until i read the word VET.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:55 pm

Does anyone on the Oz side have a news link to this story for when Toby first went missing?
let me have a look on the radio stations, someone gave me a couple of links to radio stations in brisbane a few months ago. back in a mo.

cant find them, will have to google later.

Last edited by Sheff_Sparky; Oct 23rd 2007 at 9:15 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:16 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking but I cant find any info about it at all? maybe i'm just not googling the right words?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Demeter
I've been looking but I cant find any info about it at all? maybe i'm just not googling the right words?
Well I tried to look but nothing. That is very strange because there should have at least been some publicity about it.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:29 pm

Well I tried to look but nothing. That is very strange because there should have at least been some publicity about it.
i couldn't find anything but i have e-mailed one of the radio stations in brisbane and asked them to see if they can find anything. Will let you know if i hear from them.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
i couldn't find anything but i have e-mailed one of the radio stations in brisbane and asked them to see if they can find anything. Will let you know if i hear from them.
Cheers, it would be nice to have a concrete link to it so the UK pet export companies cant say stuff like 'scare stories'.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold

Hi guy's, we've been reading your thoughts and your very kind words of support (sorry if some thought Toby was a child, but he was MY boy even if he did have long fluffy ears and the loveliest temperament you could ever hope for, god love him)
Make no mistake, we will and have been doing everything to drum up interest in Toby's outcome. We've contacted the TV channels and radio stations, still waiting for feedback.
I'm seeing a solicitor tomorrow morning and have written down everything that has happened since he was lost.
We've have had no apology from Australian airExpress (AaE) since he was found dead, not even a phone call.
Jetpets have been very supportive and I had a phone call from the owner of the company last night. He got just as emotional as I did and was supportive of my actions re the negligence of AaE.
You guys really have been great and I want to assure you all that Toby will not have died in vain. I'm not interested in the money they want to offer me, I want justice for Toby and everyone else's pet that will be transported not only by this company but every company that looks after our loved one's.
If I/we can change their working practices and make them sit up and listen then it will make us feel so much better & Toby won't have be forgotten.

If there's anything more I can do my end to make this happen then let me know. I'll update you with what the solicitor recommends (if I'm allowed) and as soon as I get feedback, so will you.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Paraken
Hi guy's, we've been reading your thoughts and your very kind words of support (sorry if some thought Toby was a child, but he was MY boy even if he did have long fluffy ears and the loveliest temperament you could ever hope for, god love him)
Make no mistake, we will and have been doing everything to drum up interest in Toby's outcome. We've contacted the TV channels and radio stations, still waiting for feedback.
I'm seeing a solicitor tomorrow morning and have written down everything that has happened since he was lost.
We've have had no apology from Australian airExpress (AaE) since he was found dead, not even a phone call.
Jetpets have been very supportive and I had a phone call from the owner of the company last night. He got just as emotional as I did and was supportive of my actions re the negligence of AaE.
You guys really have been great and I want to assure you all that Toby will not have died in vain. I'm not interested in the money they want to offer me, I want justice for Toby and everyone else's pet that will be transported not only by this company but every company that looks after our loved one's.
If I/we can change their working practices and make them sit up and listen then it will make us feel so much better & Toby won't have be forgotten.

If there's anything more I can do my end to make this happen then let me know. I'll update you with what the solicitor recommends (if I'm allowed) and as soon as I get feedback, so will you.
you had a phone call from the OWNER of jetpets? great. If you end up talking to anyone else maybe you could suggest the use of large bungie cords to keep crates and thier cargo ON the trollies? How hard can it be to secure crates/luggage to a trolly ffs.!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Am I right or wrong, but aren't the pet moving companies overseas, eg Jet pets at the mercy of cargo handlers at Australian airports? I thought it was out of their control who handles their pet once in australia, or do they have a choice which company handles their cargo at the airport? I thought there was only the one company at the airport so they don't have a choice.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:11 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

There's a programme here in Oz called Today Tonight. It's on every night,Channel 7 at 7pm and is very popular. The preseneter is a bit of a pain but they do all the main news items of interest. This would be a particularily popular news item on that show.
Do a search for it on Google and email them. It would really highlight the company's terrible service and poor care of animals!!

*pearly*

Last edited by onepearlyb; Oct 23rd 2007 at 11:26 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Paraken, I'm so sorry to read about Toby, I've not been on for a few days and was hoping to read good news.

Just so very sorry xx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

paraken
Just wanted to send our condolences too, what an awful thing to happen. As a dog owner in the past I know how sad you must be but to lose Toby like this was just awful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.