Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TOBY'S DEAD, he was found today.

So very very very sorry to hear this. Words are never enough at times like these, but hope you take some relief from all the well wishes sent from all those off BE.
Donna.x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear hes gone, would never say just a dog, they are part of your family

The tics probably played a big part too, evil things:curse: have removed them so many times from our dogs. Maybe one day when your slightly less heartbroken you could adopt one of australias abused, homeless dogs, its doesnt replace who you lost but it does give one dog who may never else have had a chance a good home, we did that and finally felt one tiny bit of good came out of it all Karma to you and your girls.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:16 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Maybe one day when your slightly less heartbroken you could adopt one of australias abused, homeless dogs, its doesnt replace who you lost but it does give one dog who may never else have had a chance a good home, we did that and finally felt one tiny bit of good came out of it all Karma to you and your girls.

What a lovely idea.
I expect it's far too raw at the moment but it would probably help a lot sometime in the future.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:26 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I am sooo sorry to read what happened to Toby. And I hope you can find a solicitor to take this on.

As far as Australian Air Express are concerned, they may sit up and take notice if we all use the contact form on their web site to tell them how disgusted we are with their animal transport arrangements.

Here is the link: http://www.aae.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-9/

These companies have insurance and paying one-off compensation won't bother them much.

BUT - if they get lots of individual messages ... it will worry them that word may get out how unsafe their animal transport practices are ...

Gina
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I am sooo sorry to read what happened to Toby. And I hope you can find a solicitor to take this on.

As far as Australian Air Express are concerned, they may sit up and take notice if we all use the contact form on their web site to tell them how disgusted we are with their animal transport arrangements.

Here is the link: http://www.aae.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-9/

These companies have insurance and paying one-off compensation won't bother them much.

BUT - if they get lots of individual messages ... it will worry them that word may get out how unsafe their animal transport practices are ...

Gina
Good idea Gina,

I have sent them a message.....

Lau
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paraken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very very difficult for me to write, i've just buried my boy (Toby) in our garden and i've never cried so much, i'm still shaking.

He was found today just north of the control tower at Brisbane airport lying in the long grass. He was still breathing but unconscious, the guy who works at the tower took him straight to a vet but he died before arriving. Two paralysis tics were found in Toby's ear (He was booked in to see a vet re all his inoculations but he never got a chance) causing his death.
We went straight to the vet and found him lying on a fleece looking so helpless Oh god i can't describe how emotional i felt, just started crying my eye's out. I know in the big scheme of things a dog's death doesn't mean that much but he mean't the world to us and he was MY boy.
Our three girls have just got home from school and i've had to tell them what happened, they are completely devastated.

Thankyou all for your help and kind words it really mean't so much to us.

If anyone knows of a solicitor who could relate to how we feel and hopefully make sure this NEVER happens to anyone else's animal, please contact us.
It would make us feel so much better knowing that what these people (Australian airExpress) have done will make them sit up and rethink their policies.

Our Deepest Sympathies to you guys, and the kids..

We really feel for you, if and when you feel up to it, if you want to bring the kids upto our place, and play with our dogs, and have a drink and a bit of banter, to give you some balance to this awful episode, just shout..

Just re read what i typed, and thought no, i will post it, i sincerely do not want you to have taken this the wrong way.. I am sure you understand our compassion to you guys xxxx

Debs Steve n Co.. Dog Lovers
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:44 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Good idea Gina,

Lau
me too...........i am saddened and sickened by their incomptence. i hoped and prayed that all would be well when i read your previous posts.

i hope you sue their backsides off (not that that would bring him back).
i hope that you and your family (including the other dog) have some comfort to know that he is there with you.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:45 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to read your bad news...

ast.

xxxxxx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about Toby, our thoughts are with you & your family at such sad time.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:10 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear what happened. hope you get somewhere if you decide to sue.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

So very sorry this did not turn out well. We had to have our dog put to sleep few weeks ago, so fully understand your sadness.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Originally Posted by Funkey Monkey
I am so sorry. I know from experience what it's like to lose a treasured pet in horrific circumstances and really feel for you xxx
I am so sorry, what a nightmare for you all. My dog died and I thought I lost a member of the family. ************hugs*****************. Hope
you get some one the high jump for the bad treament of your dog.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Good idea Gina,

Lau
Me too and I've emailed the BBC with a link to the threads on here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_p...ws/6719867.stm

I suggest we all do the same and word about what this firm has done will spread. There is nothing worse than a bad reputation to a business.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:15 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

big hugs sorry for your lose
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:51 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

So sorry about the loss i now exactley what you are feeling
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.